Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles Game prediction thread.

nonniey

This will be a low scoring game, no doubt about it.  New Coaches, offensive game plans, no preseason and lack of offensive weapons/bad O-Line will affect this team’s ability to score the ball. The defense will definitely outshine the offense early on, and carry this team through the first few weeks of the season.  Eagles are banged up, and also missing key pieces on both sides.  My prediction:

Eagles:  20

Washington:  17

We manage to get 10 points on offense, but most of that is because the Eagles set us up with good field position due to 2 turnovers.  Eagles will force 3 turnovers from Washington, and score at least 1 defensive touchdown:

Wentz:  29/41, 262 yds, 2TDs 1INT

Haskins:  22/38, 225 yds, 1TD, 2INT

This will be a rough few weeks for the offense, before they start to gel later in the season.  One other stat I predict:

Washington Defense:  5 Sacks (2 by Chase Young), and a forced fumble and 1 interception for a TD..

3 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Weird to see so many people picking WFT ( yes I know it’s called ExtremeSkins) - but this was a team that has gone 0-6 vs both Eags last 3 years, and 0-6 vs East last year, had zero preseason w/ a new system and coaches, Pederson has gone like 5-1 in openers with Wentz, has continuity and new secondary stars that allowed for week 15 close game.  Eagles have better or equal players on both lines and QB.  Wondering if most of you had to put $100 on the game - your predictions would be the same.  Or are you all just “ hoping and praying” for your predictions and not speaking from your head but your heart.  Guess we will all see come tomorrow at 4pm though. Good luck. 

49 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is he wearing a watch, while posing as if he's playing ?

Or is that some advanced form of Playbook Bracelet ?

Haskins and Mclaurin are posing, Wentz and What's-his-ass are shown during actual play time. I'm guessing that's why the watch and bracelet are on lol...

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Haskins and Mclaurin are posing, Wentz and What's-his-ass are shown during actual play time. I'm guessing that's why the watch and bracelet are on lol...

Can’t wait until Ertzs HOF induction , when they say “ and here is What’s His Ass to accept his trophy...”. Cool. Haskins will be there.  Tickets will probably be around $100 by then though. 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That's a very strange thing to base smack talk on lol...

You know his name. You were trying to be glib. You picked the wrong player to be glib about.  You know he’s one of the greatest TEs of the last decade not named Gronk/Kelce and chose to be goofy.  I was just answering your stupid joke with another stupid joke. If you want to go with a roster of “ who’s that guy/ what’s his ass” you might want to look close to home. Good day 

7 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

You know his name. You were trying to be glib. You picked the wrong player to be glib about.  You know he’s one of the greatest TEs of the last decade not named Gronk/Kelce and chose to be goofy.  I was just answering your stupid joke with another stupid joke. If you want to go with a roster of “ who’s that guy/ what’s his ass” you might want to look close to home. Good day 

No, I forgot his name...couldn't remember if it was Ertz or Arntz or Kelce and knew one of them was the TE for the Chiefs and the other one I think blew up on "Lost" and that I really didn't give a **** either way to bother looking it up because frankly it was one billion percent irrelevant to the point I was making as to why Haskins was wearing a watch.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ertz is not a HoFer lol He's never even been the best in the league.

See SI article around HOF possible active players. Yes - Not today as is.  ...but he’s 29 and prob will play another 5-6 years and will more than likely have HOF TE numbers by then.   And the other two TEs in front of him will be in. So probably going to happen if career continues at this pace. 

BDAA572E-806A-4A5C-8BB1-F197456E62E8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No, I forgot his name...couldn't remember if it was Ertz or Arntz or Kelce and knew one of them was the TE for the Chiefs and the other one I think blew up on "Lost" and that I really didn't give a **** either way to bother looking it up because frankly it was one billion percent irrelevant to the point I was making as to why Haskins was wearing a watch.

Joe Biden - is that you?  

Trying to be objective on this, if you compare Ertz's stats with other Tight Ends in the HOF, just to name a few : he has more receptions than Kellen Winslow, Dave Casper, and Mike Ditka, and in less seasons. Also has more TD's than WInslow.

He's certainly comparable to them all, to say the least. And if he keeps this up for a couple more years, it would be hard to argue against.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Trying to be objective on this, if you compare Ertz's stats with other Tight Ends in the HOF, just to name a few : he has more receptions than Kellen Winslow, Dave Casper, and Mike Ditka, and in less seasons. Also has more TD's than WInslow.

He's certainly comparable to them all, to say the least. And if he keeps this up for a couple more years, it would be hard to argue against.

We open the season against the Eagles in less than 24 hours and you're going to stick up for that lolbirds fan and make that argument?

In 7 years he's played every game 3 times and he's only been to 3 probowls. He's good, but numbers along don't get you in. Especially if you're trying to compare them to players of the past.

Do you think Vernon Davis is going in the HoF? He was rated as a top 10 player league wide a few time. 

2 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

but this was a team that has gone 0-6 vs both Eags last 3 years,

You do realize that prior to that, WFT won 7 of 10 games, right? Things change in a hurry in this league.

And you said they have equal or better on both lines? So missing Hargrave and possibly Barnett, you think their back ups are equal to or better than Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, Ionnaidis, or even Kerrigan?

25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Objectively speaking, you can't compare him to TEs from decades past...the game has changed way too much and emphasizes offense far more than in the past. There are only 9 TEs in the HOF as it is...if you compare Ertz to other TEs who have played since 1995 he's still got a ways to go to catch up with the likes of Antonio Gates, Witten, and Sharpe just to name a few. And since there are only so many inductees each year, unless Ertz shows himself to be one of the best players in the NFL--not just one of the best TEs-- during his time in the league year after year after year, it's gonna be a long wait...during which I will continue to call him "what's-his-ass" just cuz I know there is an Eagles fan out there who will become livid when I do lol...

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We open the season against the Eagles in less than 24 hours and you're going to stick up for that lolbirds fan and make that argument?

But when we beat them, it'll feel that much better knowing it may have been a future HOFer, that we shut down.

But really, I always try to be objective even with sports. And not emotionally-driven, as is the temptation.

57 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If Joe Biden finds your smack talk inspiration bizarre and laughable, then yes, this is Joe Biden lol...

And you may be a nanosecond away from having a mod tell you to keep all political comments to the Tailgate forum. Just a tip.

Bruh, just when I thought the Stadium seemed a bit more sane lately :wtf:

Archived