Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles Game prediction thread.

nonniey

4 hours ago, TK said:

I'm curious if the lack of "distractions" will be a positive thing for players, by keeping them focused during the game.

Or if that's more of a theory than a reality.

I’m feeling rather confident about my team winning this Sunday , unlike last year when you guys jumped out by 2 scores and my feelings prior to game were confirmed. Slow start for both this year, but Eagles D tightens up on screens and short throws and covers by 7+ in end. Week two is the game I’m fearing will make us look like we’re lost on D.  I’m sure your DEs will grab some sacks on Sunday, but think Wentz will not fumble as much this time and just throw it away and keep working long drives that wear out pass rush in end.  Either way Eags 28-WFT 17   Here’s to a semblance of regular life and a good clean game with no injuries to young potential stars or high paid FAs 

4 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

I’m feeling rather confident about my team winning this Sunday , unlike last year when you guys jumped out by 2 scores and my feelings prior to game were confirmed. Slow start for both this year, but Eagles D tightens up on screens and short throws and covers by 7+ in end. Week two is the game I’m fearing will make us look like we’re lost on D.  I’m sure your DEs will grab some sacks on Sunday, but think Wentz will not fumble as much this time and just throw it away and keep working long drives that wear out pass rush in end.  Either way Eags 28-WFT 17   Here’s to a semblance of regular life and a good clean game with no injuries to young potential stars or high paid FAs 

So, you're a Philly fan ?

What does your injury report look like for Sunday ?

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It sounded like you all got really banged up in camp, including OLine.

Was curious who recovered and who didn't, to get an idea of any positional advantages we might have.

Well Pryor is at RG now replacing an ProBowler in Brooks - but that gap isn’t going to be a huge deficit for getting sacks but more disadvantage for Sanders getting huge holes in run game.  Our LBs are mediocre at best. But our DBs and secondary are healthy and waaay better than when DH and Terry faced them late last year. Everyone else was held out of camp practices for very conservative rational I heard. Because of situation and no preseason. Advantages would be mid field strikes that go for YAC on O and exotic blitzes to confuse Wentz so he’s shaken early and often. But again he seems to always find his rhythm eventually if healthy.  Still an NFCE game. Do no easy wins. But still think with new scheme and shored up Eags secondary - we get this in 4th Q. Just hoping no big injuries week 1. 

5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

That's the thing with Wentz, he already has some kind of nagging injury from training camp.  Talented player though. 

Actually yesterday he said “ he’s never felt better” and had a great practice.  He was banged into a week and a half ago and they sat him just to be very cautious with a “soft tissue injury” - which means a bruise/small strain( which happens to every player eventually during season ).  Don’t know where fans from other teams get their injury info - but it’s probably not from Eagles sources. 

meanwhile there are people on here that think Smith has a shot at playing ( and possibly well( and he’s got a leg that was almost amputated). Can’t make this stuff up ...

9 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

Actually yesterday he said “ he’s never felt better” and had a great practice. 

Players always say that. 😆

Even Jordan Reed would say that before every season, and before missing the majority of that season.

I especially wouldn't expect a QB to admit he's struggling with an injury, because the other team's DL would smell more blood in the water.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

YES that’s the username of the person i was thinking of. Couldn’t remember what it was though. Thanks! 

👍👍

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

YES that’s the username of the person i was thinking of. Couldn’t remember what it was though. Thanks! 

Dant to be exact but I knew you would get it

3 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

I’m sure your DEs will grab some sacks on Sunday, but think Wentz will not fumble as much this time and just throw it away and keep working long drives that wear out pass rush in end. 

That's wishful thinking. 

You obviously haven't paid much attention to WFT DL depth chart.  To assume Wentz all of a sudden fixes an increasing problem with fumbles is fan bias.  He historically fumbled more last year than ever before.  Also turns it over to the other team when he does half the time.   Wentz will turn the ball over 1.5 times per game INTs+ Fumbles.    

I have a feeling this will be one sloppy game. Eagles are blasted with injuries. Our offense, at least on paper, might struggle against TCU, and no team has had a proper offeason/pre-season to prepare.

My guess would be 16-6, Iggles, with something really weird happening. Like one of the refs accidentally lining up at RB and getting a solid 5 yard gain on an end around.

It is 2020.

Archived