Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

2012 is probably the best coaching performance by any staff in history.

 

I keep seeing all the credit going to the coaching staff for that season. But if they were that amazing, how did that same staff and team go 3-13, the following year ?

I assume the key words in your statement, are "coaching performance", referring to a one-season performance, and not a reference to the overall greatness of the "coaching staff"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I keep seeing all the credit going to the coaching staff for that season. But if they were that amazing, how did that same staff and team go 3-13, the following year ?

I assume the key words in your statement, are "coaching performance", referring to a one-season performance, and not a reference to the overall greatness of the "coaching staff"

Yeah, i think that’s what he means, a one-season performance. 
 

2013 would’ve gone differently though, i feel like, if griffin hadn’t been injured and missed all offseason/preseason. So i dont think the 3-13 season is AS BIG an indictment on the coaching staff as it sounds like (to me at least) you’re making it out to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i think that’s what he means, a one-season performance. 
 

2013 would’ve gone differently though, i feel like, if griffin hadn’t been injured and missed all offseason/preseason.

 

2013 and his career probably would have gone much different, if not for the effects of that injury.

I think his injury and the effects thereafter had more to do with him being a one-year wonder, than the genius-ness of our coaching staff.

Not taking away all credit from the staff in 2012. I admit they did an outstanding job. But a lot of credit for that season has to go to RG3, and a lot of his decline should be considered the result of his injury - and not solely the lack of that coaching staff thereafter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go back and look at the 2012 season, RG3 had a couple great games and some mediocre ones full of a few wow moments.  And the league simply had no idea how to defend the read option. His first read was open all the time. 

 

I'm sure he would have got better had he stayed healthy, but that's the thing with him -- even before he tore his knee, he took way too many hits and it wasn't the coaching staff's fault. 

 

His comments after the game today were classic BTW. Dude hasn't changed. Never his fault. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a terrible day for early football games. I think the Browns v Titans is probably the best game to watch, but I just can't bring myself to care. I think I'll have to put this one on in the background and play Xbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

What a terrible day for early football games. I think the Browns v Titans is probably the best game to watch, but I just can't bring myself to care. I think I'll have to put this one on in the background and play Xbox.

I’m interested in this browns titans game for a couple of reasons. 1) my brothers a titans fan so i cheer for them when i can, and 2) if the browns win (which it’s looking like that so far, but the titans just scored to make it 17-7), they’ll be 9-3 and stefanski would have to be in the running for coach of the year. 
 

what’s not to like about the browns and the season they’re having? They could be a dark horse entering the playoffs. Good to see them having a good season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The slate of games today is kinda awful... Some decent one o'clockers but mostly meh.

I’ll be switching back & forth between the Seattle beatdown of the giants, and the packers beat down of the eagles. Both 4:30 games 😁 

 

we’ll be in 1st place by 7:30 LOL. 
 

only to be back in 2nd place by 8:00 tomorrow night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why are the Falcons so bad ?

Seems like they have decent talent on both sides of the ball.

Then again, I don't know every single player, so there could be some guys unknown to me, holding them back

Yeah, I’m confused too....although aren’t they like.....4-2, since Raheem Morris took over as interim coach? 
 

what I’m confused about, as a whole, is how they seem to not win 10+ games a season with Matt Ryan at QB, and receivers like Julio Jones & Calvin Ridley? When was the last time they were in the playoffs with Matt Ryan? 2016? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m interested in this browns titans game for a couple of reasons. 1) my brothers a titans fan so i cheer for them when i can, and 2) if the browns win (which it’s looking like that so far, but the titans just scored to make it 17-7), they’ll be 9-3 and stefanski would have to be in the running for coach of the year. 
 

what’s not to like about the browns and the season they’re having? They could be a dark horse entering the playoffs. Good to see them having a good season. 

Its interesting to see where the Browns end up this season, but they've been so bad, for so long. Its hard to care if you're not a fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, I’m confused too....although aren’t they like.....4-2, since Raheem Morris took over as interim coach? 
 

 

 

Then that would suggest that the problem was Quinn, wouldn't it ?

Same guy who took them to the Super Bowl.

Although a lot of people may give credit to Kyle S. for that trip.

Which is funny, because a lot of people also blame Kyle for the collapse in the SB.

So, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Its interesting to see where the Browns end up this season, but they've been so bad, for so long. Its hard to care if you're not a fan.

I mean, i dont care to the level of how a browns fan would care, but i care in the sense of, “wow, I’m happy for them, they deserve a good season for once”. Which i think is what you’re saying too, being interested in where they end up this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m interested in this browns titans game for a couple of reasons. 1) my brothers a titans fan so i cheer for them when i can, and 2) if the browns win (which it’s looking like that so far, but the titans just scored to make it 17-7), they’ll be 9-3 and stefanski would have to be in the running for coach of the year. 
 

what’s not to like about the browns and the season they’re having? They could be a dark horse entering the playoffs. Good to see them having a good season. 

 

 

Where's that thread, "Laugh at the Browns while you can, something something..."

?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, i dont care to the level of how a browns fan would care, but i care in the sense of, “wow, I’m happy for them, they deserve a good season for once”. Which i think is what you’re saying too, being interested in where they end up this season 

I know one Browns fan, we nicked named his team "The Dookies", it still makes me laugh to this day.

 

I'm happy for them too, but they're slaughtering the Titans right now and its painful to watch. This game is probably over already. I'm calling it now, the Dooks are going to drop 50 on the Titans.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My SIL is a Browns fan. She's just happy to be watching really good football.

 

It's nice to see the Browns winning again. They were always pretty good when I was kid. What with the Marty ball n the Bernie Kosar. Then Belichick ruined them. 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...