Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

They need to understand that against these kinds of offenses,  the clock is every bit of an adversary as the actual team you're facing.

That much clock in that kind of game situation  against KC is bbq chicken for Mahomes

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

And that’s why they will repeat as champions. They will beat Pittsburgh and go on to beat the nfc team in the super bowl.

Dont be so certain they get past PIT. Back to back is rare for a reason

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Honestly I don’t know that the defense is that good.  It seems their offense is just unstoppable so if you can’t keep up their defense is able to be aggressive and opportunistic. If you can contain the offense a bit you can definitely pick the defense apart.  

I think this stat is very telling about the Raiders' offense :

In the Chiefs 8 games against all other teams besides the Raiders, the Chiefs gave up an average of 17 points per game.

But in the Chiefs' 2 games against the Raiders, the Raiders scored an average of 36 points in those games ; doubling the amount the Chiefs usually give up.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Chiefs offense vs. Steelers defense in the AFC Title game would be legit. But don't sleep on the Colts. That defense travels.

Would love to see Rivers get a championship in a Colts uniform.

Edited by ClaytoAli
36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Mahomes the best QB ever?

I know, I know, Brady...but would you ever want Brady at any point in his career vs. Mahomes right now?

A lot can change in a few years, but I'd say Mahomes is absolutely the best ever. I have never seen a QB who has his accuracy while both scrambling and playing in the pocket. He nearly has the elusiveness of Russel Wilson and Lamar Jackson, but he can hit a dime 50 yards down the field. As long as the Chiefs don't let his team get stagnant around him, Mahomes will do in the 2020s what Aaron Rodgers should have been doing all through the 2010s.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Mahomes the best QB ever?

I know, I know, Brady...but would you ever want Brady at any point in his career vs. Mahomes right now?

I think it’s fine to start talking up Mahomes in these debates, even if it is a bit early in his career.

But, also consider this...what if the Chiefs opt for Watson at #10 and the Texans draft Mahomes at #12?  Is there any way we are talking “Mahomes best ever” if BOB gets his hands on him instead of him getting plugged into Andy Reid’s fantastic system with all those weapons?

Highly doubtful, I think.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think it’s fine to start talking up Mahomes in these debates, even if it is a bit early in his career.

But, also consider this...what if the Chiefs opt for Watson at #10 and the Texans draft Mahomes at #12?  Is there any way we are talking “Mahomes best ever” if BOB gets his hands on him instead of him getting plugged into Andy Reid’s fantastic system with all those weapons?

Highly doubtful, I think.

I think Mahomes would have excelled with Hopkins, but he wouldn't have the weapons that he does now.  His connection with Kelce is special, there's something to be said for that, but all great QBs usually have a great target or two that they can have a connection with.  Certainly something to be said about getting hurt by O'Brien, though, that dude didn't do Watson any favors.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

And that’s why they will repeat as champions. They will beat Pittsburgh and go on to beat the nfc team in the super bowl.

The NFC East winner is going to give the Chiefs all they can handle in the Super Bowl 😀

(I didn't say which year............)