Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would like to see our defense against the Texans offense.  
 

I think that matchup might favor us. The caveat, we haven’t seen our team play a snap yet.So we really have no idea.

 

I don't want to play the Texans for a while, as long as they have JJ Watt...after what happened last time. 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There might be a few other contenders.  I doubt Burrow on that team is the true front runner.

 

He'd be my front runner.  #1 overall pick QB.  He's got a bunch of good weapons in that offense too.  They were decimated by injuries but a lot of those guys are healthy now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know.....im starting to not hate the idea of no preseason games after watching tonight’s game. I mean, the play hasn’t exactly been THAT sloppy. 

 

also, i completely forgot about the 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick. I wonder when we’ll see that for the first time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ya know.....im starting to not hate the idea of no preseason games after watching tonight’s game. I mean, the play hasn’t exactly been THAT sloppy. 

 

also, i completely forgot about the 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick. I wonder when we’ll see that for the first time 

 

Everyone has been predicting or dreading bad play due to the lack of preseason.

But let's face it, how much does the whole starting unite actually play in preseason ? About 3 quarters ? I don't think that's enough to create a huge disparity in quality

 

As for the 4th and 15 option, I don't think it was approved...yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Everyone has been predicting or dreading bad play due to the lack of preseason.

But let's face it, how much does the whole starting unite actually play in preseason ? About 3 quarters ? I don't think that's enough to create a huge disparity in quality

 

As for the 4th and 15 option, I don't think it was approved...yet.

Agreed on the first part.

 

and you’re right, the option didn’t pass for this season. Thought it did. Maybe next season. I’d love to at least see it for one year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ya know.....im starting to not hate the idea of no preseason games after watching tonight’s game. I mean, the play hasn’t exactly been THAT sloppy. 

 

also, i completely forgot about the 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick. I wonder when we’ll see that for the first time 

Counter-Point: these teams are pretty much the same as they were last year.  They probably need preseason less than any other teams in the league except for the 49ers and Ravens.  
 

I think you’ll see some sloppy play on Sunday.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Counter-Point: these teams are pretty much the same as they were last year.  They probably need preseason less than any other teams in the league except for the 49ers and Ravens.  
 

I think you’ll see some sloppy play on Sunday.  

Yeah. That’s a pretty fair statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

To answer Collinsworth question, I don't like the 4th and 15 substitute for onside kicks.

It's just too random, and interrupts the logical flow of the game.


I love it. onside kicks suck, they are far too random and lack strategy. Also, any time we can take the ball out of the worthless kicker’s hands ...er feet, and give the ball to stars in big moments, the game improves. Let the offense and defense decide the game , not some kicker trying hacky sack tricks with the game on the line 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've got a salvo of Hot Takes for you all:

- The Texans will not win their division or make the playoffs. 

- The Colts will win that division and Jonathan Taylor will win OROY

- The Broncos and Browns get the WC spots.

There’s 3 wild card teams now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...