Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

Thought the Browns and Giants both were gonna **** the bed in the last 2 minutes of the game. Giants actually did, but the refs wiped their ass real quick, thank god. lol  

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Falcons ?

Is it that you live in GA, and get tired of hearing about them ?

Some of their fans are rather rude, to say the least. 

I always get to tout the championships, tho...and my Team with no name having a better record this season is more than my former co-workers can stand.  :ols:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Some of their fans are rather rude, to say the least. 

I always get to tout the championships, tho...and my Team with no name having a better record this season is more than my former co-workers can stand.  :ols:

Wow, I was shocked. Because I can't see any reason for Falcons fans to be ****y lol

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Falcons ?

Is it that you live in GA, and get tired of hearing about them ?

Let me add on to @skinsmarydu - Falcons fans are not just rude they are arrogant - that's even worse. Even before they hear who your team is. And then everyone thinks becasue you live here MUST be a falcons fan. WHen you say not they treat you like a leper. 

**** the falcons! They are still not in dallas/giants/philly land but close. Glad they took a beating today!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Could the Falcons actually not choke? That would help us if they win, right?

They lost but no - they already had 11 loses. SO a win by them did nothing for us. 

33 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Giants winning meaningless week 17 games to tank their draft position will never get old.

Yeah, I said it!

Unless we lose it only changes their position a few spots most likely unless a long laundry list of things happen. I do love to see dallas get beat especially since almost all the national media talked about was how dallas was definitely beating the Giants.  lol  They were mixed on us and them getting to the POs but all had NY losing to dallas.  LOL  

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The best thing about Falcons fans is that there aren’t any of them outside of a 30 mile radius of Atlanta.  

I have this annoying as hell FB friend from high school who is a Falcons fan. In years past he would always crap on us. He literally has not posted one thing on social media all year regarding his team. I so want to give him massive crap but meh not worth it.

22 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

They lost but no - they already had 11 loses. SO a win by them did nothing for us. 

Unless we lose it only changes their position a few spots most likely unless a long laundry list of things happen. I do love to see dallas get beat especially since almost all the national media talked about was how dallas was definitely beating the Giants.  lol  They were mixed on us and them getting to the POs but all had NY losing to dallas.  LOL  

I was hoping not to have to play Brady, whatever. Let's slaughter a GOAT!

So AZ recovers a LA fumble in the end zone, runs it out, get pushed back in and tackled but it’s NOT a safety?

And then becomes a safety on the next play regardless...

Edited by hawgboy
1 minute ago, hawgboy said:

So AZ recovers a LA fumble in the end zone, runs it out, get pushed back in and tackled but it’s NOT a safety?

Didn't see the play, but from what you've described, no, it wouldn't be a safety.  If he was pushed back into the end zone, forward progress would be out of the end zone, wherever contact first occurred, just like on any other play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I was hoping not to have to play Brady, whatever. Let's slaughter a GOAT!

Ah, gotcha. Our D is much different that the teams he has played the last few weeks. Both those teams have no real D. In fact I just looked closer and the only Ds I would call good or even really solid that they played are the Rams, Saints and Chicago. And they lost all 4 of those games.

And they have to come here. Brady is one of the greatest - but he is old and slow. If they can make him move around he will throw picks just like anyone else. And they showed against Ben they can slow down that quick passing. If they let him stand back there and throw he will kill us. ALso, need to keep everything underneath. Make them work for everything by short passes and running. Theirer rushing is OK but we did not fair very well lately. SO that will be a key. Stop the run and make Tom hold the ball longer than he wants or risk pick 6s. 

I like our chances if we get there - and all really we should. Not saying we should win but we match up with them fairly well if our D shows up like they have. 

34 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ah, gotcha. Our D is much different that the teams he has played the last few weeks. Both those teams have no real D. In fact I just looked closer and the only Ds I would call good or even really solid that they played are the Rams, Saints and Chicago. And they lost all 4 of those games.

And they have to come here. Brady is one of the greatest - but he is old and slow. If they can make him move around he will throw picks just like anyone else. And they showed against Ben they can slow down that quick passing. If they let him stand back there and throw he will kill us. ALso, need to keep everything underneath. Make them work for everything by short passes and running. Theirer rushing is OK but we did not fair very well lately. SO that will be a key. Stop the run and make Tom hold the ball longer than he wants or risk pick 6s. 

I like our chances if we get there - and all really we should. Not saying we should win but we match up with them fairly well if our D shows up like they have. 

I told my friends last week that I'm not really afraid of anyone in the playoffs. I lied, Brady and Brees have something to prove and I would rather not face a high octane offense.  Honestly, I'd rather take on Brady, I feel we could take him out if need be over Brees.

Of course, this is the first week that we're almost fully healthy in a while. Let's see what we can do, right?

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Love how the Panthers play their hearts out against us last week, but against the Saints a division rival they're in full tank mode. Even sitting Bridgewater.

The game started out pretty close.  Bridgewater had two picks though.  I'm surprised the Saints are doing so well considering how many players on offense are out.

Of course a potential win by New Orleans might not mean much for them, if the Seahawks and Bears don't win.

Edited by visionary

During the game, they put up the stat that the Bears are 6-2 this season when Trubisky starts. He's hanging with the Packers now. Trusbisky seems to have a little of that Alex Smith touch. The team just seems to be better when he plays, even if his stats don't show it. Maybe he'll be able to make a career out of it after all?