Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would like to see our defense against the Texans offense.  

I think that matchup might favor us. The caveat, we haven’t seen our team play a snap yet.So we really have no idea.

I don't want to play the Texans for a while, as long as they have JJ Watt...after what happened last time. 😲

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ya know.....im starting to not hate the idea of no preseason games after watching tonight’s game. I mean, the play hasn’t exactly been THAT sloppy. 

also, i completely forgot about the 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick. I wonder when we’ll see that for the first time 

Everyone has been predicting or dreading bad play due to the lack of preseason.

But let's face it, how much does the whole starting unite actually play in preseason ? About 3 quarters ? I don't think that's enough to create a huge disparity in quality

As for the 4th and 15 option, I don't think it was approved...yet.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Everyone has been predicting or dreading bad play due to the lack of preseason.

But let's face it, how much does the whole starting unite actually play in preseason ? About 3 quarters ? I don't think that's enough to create a huge disparity in quality

As for the 4th and 15 option, I don't think it was approved...yet.

Agreed on the first part.

and you’re right, the option didn’t pass for this season. Thought it did. Maybe next season. I’d love to at least see it for one year 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ya know.....im starting to not hate the idea of no preseason games after watching tonight’s game. I mean, the play hasn’t exactly been THAT sloppy. 

also, i completely forgot about the 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick. I wonder when we’ll see that for the first time 

Counter-Point: these teams are pretty much the same as they were last year.  They probably need preseason less than any other teams in the league except for the 49ers and Ravens.  

I think you’ll see some sloppy play on Sunday.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Counter-Point: these teams are pretty much the same as they were last year.  They probably need preseason less than any other teams in the league except for the 49ers and Ravens.  

I think you’ll see some sloppy play on Sunday.  

Yeah. That’s a pretty fair statement. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

To answer Collinsworth question, I don't like the 4th and 15 substitute for onside kicks.

It's just too random, and interrupts the logical flow of the game.

I love it. onside kicks suck, they are far too random and lack strategy. Also, any time we can take the ball out of the worthless kicker’s hands ...er feet, and give the ball to stars in big moments, the game improves. Let the offense and defense decide the game , not some kicker trying hacky sack tricks with the game on the line 

Archived