Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

I've always been a uniform number nerd so Collins switching to his (and not coincidentally Sean Taylor's) college number 26 is the biggest eye opener of the day for me. I'm not really surprised by any of the cuts.

 

other number changes

 

Moreland to 20

Danny Johnson to 32

Barber to 34

JSW to 96

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so, now that our main roster is set, who's the guys who barely made it?  The people first to be cut if we do some claiming right now?  Who's looking at the PS

 

I'm thinking James Smith-Williams, Danny Johnson,  Keith Ishael, and Khaleke Hudson.  If nothing happens till tomorrow afternoon, then Saahdiq Charles and Alex Smith to IR before a couple of guys

 

 

Edited by carex
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

I've always been a uniform number nerd so Collins switching to his (and not coincidentally Sean Taylor's) college number 26 is the biggest eye opener of the day for me. I'm not really surprised by any of the cuts.

 

other number changes

 

Moreland to 20

Danny Johnson to 32

Barber to 34

JSW to 96


All of these feel right for some reason

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, carex said:

so, now that our main roster is set, who's the guys who barely made it?  The people first to be cut if we do some claiming right now?  Who's looking at the PS

 

I'm thinking James Smith-Williams, Danny Johnson,  Keith Ishael, and Khaleke Hudson.  If nothing happens till tomorrow afternoon, then Saahdiq Charles and Alex Smith to IR before a couple of guys

 

 

 

Keith Ismael definitely made it, no barely there.  He kicked Pierschbacher off the team.

 

He's also now the only backup C we have, while he can also play Guard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Keith Ismael definitely made it, no barely there.  He kicked Pierschbacher off the team.

 

He's also now the only backup C we have, while he can also play Guard.

Schweitzer can also play C and backed up there for the Falcons

Edited by carex
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

 

 

Is Temple in West Philly? North Philly is the worst part of Philly, with West Philly right behind it. 

Temple is North Philly off street road near lehigh. 10th street blue line exit. I was born on 2 street. I love that city. University city is west philly with Drexel and stuff. That area use to be awful, like when I lived there at 42 and Walnut. It's nice now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carex said:

he's still under contract for next year, it's just that's the years that are voidable where we can afford to cut him

Foster's 5th year OPTION was declined,  That means he's a Free Agent next year.

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

I take in the context he plateaued in the current time frame, but with more time maybe there’s opportunity for improvement and why you keep him on IR. 

To break through a plateau you must increase intensity.  Placing him on IR is less intense.  If he ever does actually play in another NFL game again that's almost 3 yrs absent.  Doesn't look good for Reuben.  His career might be over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Standig kind of held him to the fire and asked if they needed him to play in the Philly game would he be comfortable putting him out there and Ron said "yeah" in a high pitched tone.

 

 

 

That almost sounds like Alex is the #2, and I had thought he was the #3.

As a #3 QB typically isn't even active on gameday

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Foster's 5th year OPTION was declined,  That means he's a Free Agent next year.

 

I was talking about Smith there,  sorry about that

 

But will Foster's contract advance if he stays on IR all year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

That almost sounds like Alex is the #2, and I had thought he was the #3.

As a #3 QB typically isn't even active on gameday

That would make sense, if you want him to mentor Dwayne what better than to have him on the sideline communicating with him all game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know if there's any medical basis for it, but man, reading some of the comments, a guy would think that the next NFL hit that Alex takes, this will happen to him.

Maybe not however if he does break his leg again, above or below the previous repair he'll be in a dangerous situation.

Expect him not to take any meaningful snaps.  He'll be a backup to the backup while his salary is guaranteed. And there's that mentor role he's famous for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That would make sense, if you want him to mentor Dwayne what better than to have him on the sideline communicating with him all game.

 inactive players are allowed to be on the sideline

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know if there's any medical basis for it, but man, reading some of the comments, a guy would think that the next NFL hit that Alex takes, this will happen to him.

I wish we could get all WFT fans on zoom as Alex takes his first hit, I figure it will look something like this.

 

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles have some depth issues in 2020.  Not the same caliber roster that they've had.  Definite OL issues (maybe even worse than in DC) and continued WR issues.  This is a beatable roster on paper. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I wish we could get all WFT fans on zoom as Alex takes his first hit, I figure it will look something like this.

 

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Eagles have some depth issues in 2020.  Not the same caliber roster that they've had.  Definite OL issues (maybe even worse than in DC) and continued WR issues.  This is a beatable roster on paper. 

The Eagles have been putrid at drafting since they got Carson Wentz. I just looked at their drafts from 2017-2020 and if we had drafts like they did we would be furious at Kyle Smith. 

 

I think we'll surprise them, heck, we took them down to the wire last year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carex said:

 inactive players are allowed to be on the sideline

I guess I would wonder why he's here if he can't dress as the #2.  He should be a better QB than Allen if healthy so if you're just going to deactivate him every week it seems silly to take up the roster spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, volsmet said:


Imo, A big violent psychopath in the middle of the field is something we could use. 

 

 

i just don't have the time to fly cross-coast anymore

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I guess I would wonder why he's here if he can't dress as the #2.  He should be a better QB than Allen if healthy so if you're just going to deactivate him every week it seems silly to take up the roster spot.

The money ($16M) is spent. We get him as a coach on the sideline and a great 2 if something happens to Dwayne.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I guess I would wonder why he's here if he can't dress as the #2.  He should be a better QB than Allen if healthy so if you're just going to deactivate him every week it seems silly to take up the roster spot.

 money and positive publicity.  The 53rd roster spot is not worth cutting a guy when playing for your team nearly killed him

 

Plus, I imagine he might move up to number 2 by the end of the season

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think it was that and that the show's creator's were trying to pander to the kids to make them watch. One of Wesley's problems was that he became the superhuman, super fix it kid that was smarter than everyone and excelled at everything.

 

 

 

 

 

YES, exactly!

 

This was why I detested him. It was a dummying down of the show with a ready made deux machina always waiting in the wings to save the day.

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

 

 

In writer's terms, he became a Mary Sue.

 

 

Does the “Mary Sue” descriptor originate from a specific character in a book or play? Had never heard that term used before and it interests me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mentioned here which some doubted that Wright likely makes the roster according to most who covered the team.  Will see.  It makes sense to me because he's a special teams stud and fits that hybrid role which Scott Turner seems to like WR-RB.  He's sort of like Antonio Gibson light. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One guy I wish we had the opportunity to see in preseason. Cause tapes of him is of him running past people like they on skates. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...