Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

I think it will be interesting to watch the cuts and trades around the league over the next couple of weeks. The salary cap is going to tank next year. Teams may try to get ahead of that and cut players this year so they can spread the dead money out over 2 seasons. Or take the dead money hit this year for next years cap ramifications. 

"The Eagles have the most difficult 2021 salary cap situation according to NFLPA data, with just under $263.725 million of 2021 cap commitments for their top 51."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-consequences-of-a-lower-2021-salary-cap-including-the-three-teams-wholl-be-hurt-most/

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

No, +220 means that you win $220 by betting $100, so essentially it's 2.2 to 1 odds.     (NOT 220 to 1 odds)  ...  so the $55,000 bettor would win $121,000 if Chase wins ROY and the bet pays off.

Those odds suck IMO for that amount of money put up.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty strange that this is only a light practice and not a scrimmage, as announced earlier. They made it seem like it was going to be a whole thing, a game simulation, like plenty of other teams did. 

Probably changed the gameplan since they postponed it. Sounds like an intense hitting practice took place yesterday, which was the end of training camp.

2 minutes ago, ejay183 said:

Probably changed the gameplan since they postponed it. Sounds like an intense hitting practice took place yesterday, which was the end of training camp.

Julie keeps saying the scrimmage is later today.

Just now, Vanguard said:

Julie keeps saying the scrimmage is later today.

So a shells practice then a scrimmage later? I guess Ron Rivera is working them before their day off and give those bubble players another chance. I am good with that.

Just now, ejay183 said:

So a shells practice then a scrimmage later? I guess Ron Rivera is working them before their day off and give those bubble players another chance. I am good with that.

Yeah they’re doing drills or stretching or something right now.  Julie and DeAngelo are talking about what to expect during the season from Haskins.  But from what I understand there will be a scrimmage.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Yeah they’re doing drills or stretching or something right now.  Julie and DeAngelo are talking about what to expect during the season from Haskins.  But from what I understand there will be a scrimmage.

Hopefully they post it on YouTube later since the hiring of Julie Donaldson has really improved their media presence on there.

• Like 2

I bet they wish they had Trent now.  I'll never understand how we couldn't do a better job of playing the Niners and Vikings against each other in a trade for him.

Watch the Eagles get Reiff for dirt cheap now.  Figures.... as soon as they're in terrible shape at LT, a starter falls right into their laps without having to trade a pick for him.