Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ,com: DAN SNYDER SUES FOR FALSE SEX TRAFFICKING STORIES... I Wanna Know Who's Behind It!!!

TK

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/07/dan-snyder-lawsuit-defamation-sex-trafficking-jeffrey-esptein-meaww-owner-redskins-washington-football-team/

DAN SNYDER SUES FOR FALSE SEX TRAFFICKING STORIES... I Wanna Know Who's Behind It!!!

Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder is trying to smoke out the person behind a rash of Internet posts falsely accusing him of being a sex trafficker with ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Snyder took his battle to federal court Friday morning seeking info on a company called New Content Media, which operates the website, meaww.com. He's also filed a $10 million lawsuit in India against the parent company of the website that published the heinous stories last month.

According to docs, obtained by TMZ Sports, Snyder says meaww.com posted an article hinting that a forthcoming Washington Post story was going to expose Snyder's alleged involvement in sex trafficking. Snyder points out the meaww.com post sourced anonymous Reddit posts, including one that said "[Snyder] is getting [arrested] for sex trafficking. He was on [Jeffrey] Epstein's list too."

As you know, the July 16 WaPo article said no such thing -- it detailed sexual harassment allegations against several team executives ... but not Snyder.

In the suit, he says the site also posted this outlandish theory -- "Will Dan Snyder rename Washington Redskins the 'Epsteins?'"

Snyder, whose team just unveiled its brand new helmets for the upcoming season, calls the stories "utterly untrue" with no "legitimate journalistic basis whatsoever."

That being said, he is painfully aware the articles spread like wildfire across the Internet. As Snyder says in the suit, the articles "have been referenced in at least 22 stories which have generated over 160 million impressions."

Although meaww.com took down the articles under threat of legal action ... he says the damage has been done to his character and his family name.

What's clearly important to him now is not just the $10 million he's seeking for defamation -- but also finding out who engineered the whole smear campaign. In the docs, he says he wants the "identity of the third parties involved in hiring [meaww.com] to publish these false and defamatory articles."

Translation: Who's gunning for me, and why?

While Snyder is a piece of garbage, and I would normally never side with him, I dont blame him in this instance. He should also go after the media that pushed the lie he was paying off the refs. These hacks in the media need to start being held accountable for their lies. 

"“MEAWW has never ever taken any payment for any articles, and we have a very strict policy against doing so,” wrote Dean Williams, editor in chief of MEAWW. “Mr. Snyder and his lawyers have indulged in a campaign of intimidation against our employees — both current and former — turning up on their doorsteps and demanding to know the name of the person who allegedly divulged information to us on Mr. Snyder in a culture of sustained bullying that left many of our staff shaken. This person does not exist because we have had NO contact with anyone.”

Late Friday evening, Snyder’s attorney released a second statement pointing out what he viewed as discrepancies between the statement MEAWW sent The Post and an interview one of the company’s founders, Nirnay Chowdhary, gave the New York Times in which he indicated “some sort of errors” were made in the stories about Snyder and the company had opened an internal investigation into the matter.

“What were the mistakes that were made which warrant an internal investigation,” wrote Qureshi. “Through this lawsuit, it is only a matter of time before the truth is revealed, and both MEAWW and its client are fully exposed.”" Link

One thing for sure is that as long as he's in charge the drama  will never stop. Good luck Ron.

8 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

While Snyder is a piece of garbage, and I would normally never side with him, I dont blame him in this instance. He should also go after the media that pushed the lie he was paying off the refs. These hacks in the media need to start being held accountable for their lies. 

I agree with this to a certain extent.

But at the same time...it's like the WaPo article is already forgotten.  It's old news, it happened, it sucked and it also wasn't the bombshell that everyone thought it was going to be.  No one's talking about it anymore.

So if you're Danny, is this really the hill you want to die on?  Why go after some shady sounding website that posted dumb rumors about a forthcoming article that's already been forgotten?  Why keep this in ANY news cycle for 10 million...just because you HAVE TO KNOW who posted it?  Get over yourself.

I thought you were allowed to say anything, with impunity and no recourse. Cause you know, people at the highest levels of the government do it. This is just another in a long instance of the populations of America following the lead of its leadership. Been happening my whole life.

Sue away Danny. I do think it's wrong that a media source can post an unverified story with outlandish claims that they probably sourced from reddit. The flip side that Spiff pointed out is that doing something like this just draws attention to something that people had already forgotten about. Clearly Snyder hasn't learned a damn thing. He's still the vindictive POS that he's always been. Ron Rivera won't last past 3 seasons working for a boss like this.

Snyder. You listening? No regular ****ing person cares about your millionaire's struggle against the media. **** off.

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So if you're Danny, is this really the hill you want to die on?  Why go after some shady sounding website that posted dumb rumors about a forthcoming article that's already been forgotten?  Why keep this in ANY news cycle for 10 million...just because you HAVE TO KNOW who posted it?  Get over yourself.

1) If it has caused harm to his wife and children--as Snyder has alleged--I can see that as something that would set him off and want justice for. He gets a ****load of negative articles written about him, but does nothing in response. So there is something different about this one--possibly outside of being accused of the heinous acts of sex trafficking--that spurred this.

2) What makes you think this won't die just as quickly as the WP article did? The Ellen DeGeneres toxic workplace story seems to have more juice than the Skins toxic workplace story as well. Something else will probably come along to take focus away from this.

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But at the same time...it's like the WaPo article is already forgotten.

That's an American norm now and has to change for people to take back lost freedoms. Maybe it changes when someone takes this type of defamation of character to the finish line. 

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

2) What makes you think this won't die just as quickly as the WP article did? The Ellen DeGeneres toxic workplace story seems to have more juice than the Skins toxic workplace story as well. Something else will probably come along to take focus away from this.

People liked Ellen.  And people like a fall from grace story.  Danny's never had any grace to fall from.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:25 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m with Dan on this. Those allegations were insane. There’s a difference between free speech and liable.  

And it’s not like he’s hurting fans by doing it.  

So, I’m this instance, I wish Dan luck.

It's twitter. It's 99% baseless accusations. 

On 8/8/2020 at 5:22 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with this to a certain extent.

But at the same time...it's like the WaPo article is already forgotten.  It's old news, it happened, it sucked and it also wasn't the bombshell that everyone thought it was going to be.  No one's talking about it anymore.

Yes, we were promised a "shocking" article by the media in order to generate clicks and ensure eyeballs on websites. And while the prolonged harassment of these 15 women over the years is indeed a tragedy, it just isn't going to generate the kind of attention in 2020 that it would have in 2017. After the buildup, I think many people's response was "Oh, is that all?"

I'm starting to wonder if the Washington Post dialed it back a bit before publication. Maybe there are WaPo staffers who were well aware of what was going on and didn't say anything so they wouldn't lose access to the team. Sound familiar? We also see this in the use of NDAs to prevent criticism...perhaps the WaPo story would have have more oomph if 14 of the 15 women weren't anonymous. I don't care what anyone says, an NDA is legally only for protecting trade secrets and does not apply to outright violations of the law, which sexual harassment clearly is.

And by the way...how come no one in the media has followed up on Kapri Bibbs' accusations towards Gruden and Snyder? It's been over 3 weeks and no one has asked him to elaborate? What if it's true that Bibbs was benched because he was seeing the same woman as Gruden...who was caught snuggling with a woman who was clearly not Mrs. Gruden in public?

Everyone expects the media to stay neutral and do their jobs, but when questions like these go unanswered it just shows that the media is like everyone else...selfish and self-interested.

26 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't care what anyone says, an NDA is legally only for protecting trade secrets and does not apply to outright violations of the law, which sexual harassment clearly is.

Apparently they perfected Sexual Harassment so it's arguably their trade secret.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/10/dan-snyder-defamation-lawsuit-fired-assistant-bribe-disgruntled-employee/

DAN SNYDER I SMELL A RAT BEHIND FALSE WEB STORIES!!!Claims it's a Fired Ex-Staffer

Dan Snyder claims a fired ex-employee is taking bribes to feed information to a foreign-based website that's out to get him, and now he's naming names in court.

The Washington Football Team owner is calling out Mary Ellen Blair, whom he describes as a former executive assistant in the team's offices. In docs filed Monday morning, Snyder claims Blair -- who was first demoted and then fired in 2017 -- contacted a current team employee in late May or early June to say a Washington Post story was coming out that would "not [be] good for Dan." Snyder insinuates she used stolen information, such as team contacts, to fish for negative information for that story.

BTW, The WaPo story that came out on July 5 claimed "minority owners" of the Washington Football Team are pissed at Snyder and wanted to sell their stakes.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ Sports, Blair contacted team employees again in early July, and said another big story was coming out claiming Snyder did "dirty and illegal" things.

He claims Blair told one employee, you'd "probably make a lot of money" for info on Snyder. Sources connected to Snyder tell us he also has recordings of Blair and multiple affidavits indicating she actually offered bribes to contacts.

Snyder, who's hired high-powered attorney Joe Tacopina, says the employee didn't take the bait, and points out the WaPo story that was published July 16 alleged sexual harassment in Team offices ... but he was not accused.

However, around that time meaww.com did post stories alleging Snyder was involved in sex trafficking and tied to Jeffrey Epstein. As TMZ Sports first reported, he's filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit against the site, and now wants a judge to allow him to dig into Blair's recent contacts, her finances ... and especially her housing.

Snyder claims she's lived in a swanky apartment for years -- despite being in "dire financial straits" -- and says within the last 60 days she upgraded to an even higher-end home.

Translation: Someone's footing the bill for Blair's lifestyle, and Snyder suspects that someone is behind all the false stories.

•  
  •  

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/dan-snyders-attorney-raises-conspiracy-questions-defamation-suit?fbclid=IwAR32sCaTcn8NsVuhkjZn2Ge071dY9YzHP3tl6EjyJxz8MCH-4VLmaA69Lpc

Dan Snyder's attorney raises conspiracy questions with defamation suit

Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder wants to clear the air about a series of slanderous rumors that his attorney believes were part of a wider campaign to spread misinformation and defame his character. 

"There's a lot of things going on in Washington right now regarding the club and there are people that may have some motives to falsely attack Mr. Snyder," attorney Joe Tacopina, who represents Snyder, said in an interview with NBC Sports Washington. 

The center of the issue comes from an article that ran on meaww.com - a website owned by India-based company Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide - alleging Snyder had personal involvement with financier Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender who killed himself while in prison last year. 

"Dan Snyder has nothing to do with [Epstein] and had nothing to do with him," Tacopina said of the article. 

That article, shared repeatedly via social media, deeply bothered the Snyder family and now the owner wants to do everything in his power to clear his name. 

In the process, Tacopina alleges that a former employee was spreading the disinformation at the behest of a financial backer. Snyder is taking legal action against former Washington employee Mary Ellen Blair in an attempt to prove she intentionally spread lies and was told to do so by a third party. 

"We believe there are obviously people behind that had their own purposes for doing it," Tacopina said. The lawsuits aim to "to uncover who’s behind the scenes, who’s pulling the strings."

In a New York Times report, Blair is connected to Dwight Schar, one of the Washington minority owners looking to sell his shares in the team. The article contends that Blair dealt with financial hardships and lives in a building that Schar's daughter's real estate development company owns.

Asked if the misinformation and defamation lawsuits have anything to do with Washington's minority partners looking to sell 40 percent of the team, Tacopina would not speculate, but he did respond. 

"I think common sense will sort of play out. I think the evidence in this case will present us with who’s behind this," Tacopina said. 

Tacopina has an impressive and high-profile legal track record. He worked with Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill to end his decade-long legal saga and multiple jail visits. He also lists Alex Rodriguez and Jay-Z as clients. 

This looks to be just the beginning of a series of legal actions that could unclose a significant conspiracy against the Washington Football Team owner. Then again, it could be nothing. The legal process will play out.

Archived