Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So uh, is he gonna do us a solid and retire?

This man went through hell, all the way back and was the reason they won the division.  You think he's going to quit now, then you don't get what actually happened and who you're talking about.  I'd check the box as one of the skeptics leading up to him leading the team to beat the then undefeated Steelers.  Now, I don't know what to expect except that he won't quit.  In reality, I'd not discount the fact he can comeback again with more defined muscle in that leg and surprise us all with increased mobility.  Also have a hard time imagining WFT cutting him unless they pull the trigger on a new QB1 acquisition.  They'd take a PR hit for not giving him a chance to compete for the job in camp otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

This man went through hell, all the way back and was the reason they won the division.  You think he's going to quit now, then you don't get what actually happened and who you're talking about.  I'd check the box as one of the skeptics leading up to him leading the team to beat the then undefeated Steelers.  Now, I don't know what to expect except that he won't quit.  In reality, I'd not discount the fact he can comeback again with more defined muscle in that leg and surprise us all with increased mobility.  Also have a hard time imagining WFT cutting him unless they pull the trigger on a new QB1 acquisition.  They'd take a PR hit for not giving him a chance to compete for the job in camp otherwise. 

Pr bull.  They are actively looking for that long term starter and that isn’t Alex. He will be cut and Alex will find that no one will sign him because he can no longer be counted to last more than a few games before his leg acts up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheShredder said:

alex is not the qb of the future and rather save the cap space.  Ofc it would be hard for the team to cut him, especially since they have to absorb the cap hit. So I’m hoping he retires...

Indomitable? Yes

Eternal? No, unless you're last name is Brady.

The team showed saint's patience during his long recovery, but it's time to go.

Long and fruitful career as QB. A great leader.

Thank you, Alex. Now let's make some room for the younger guys and pray we don't get another Haskins.

If that happens again we'll give you a cal😅

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Jeremy Fowler on "Get Up" just said his sources are telling him Alex Smith wants to come back and play next year.  He said those conversations have not been had yet with RR and crew.

I find it hard to believe those discussions haven’t taken place with Rivera. We are continually in the media linked with QBs, and have even brought back Heinicke. For Rivera/Smith not to be in some form of dialogue is more Bruce Allen’s style.

I’m more than sure Rivera and Smith have discussed scenarios.

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I find it hard to believe those discussions haven’t taken place with Rivera. We are continually in the media linked with QBs, and have even brought back Heinicke. For Rivera/Smith not to be in some form of dialogue is more Bruce Allen’s style.

I’m more than sure Rivera and Smith have discussed scenarios.

I'm pretty certain that Smith hasn't lol...

16 hours ago, TheShredder said:

I can't see Smith quitting.  Maybe he does.  Also can't see WFT paying him $24M.  Something has to give.

If he stays we'd restructure his contract.

He's obviously not going to retire and just forfeit millions. 

It'll cost $10.8mil to outright release him? 

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

If he stays we'd restructure his contract.

He's obviously not going to retire and just forfeit millions. 

It'll cost $10.8mil to outright release him? 

Just release him. That’s going to be the end result.  The Team probably won’t release him until that replacement is on the team.