Burgold

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

I hate to say it, but I’m kinda really liking this. Its so understated and classy but very professional. I love the gold numbers and want to keep it even moving forward. 

• Like 7

A fan of 48 years of a team that no longer exists.

13. Please refrain from including overly explicit material in posts.
This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line.” A significant quantity of our traffic visits occur during work hours, are made in public environments, and are made by individuals less than 18 years of age. This is a board open to all, including entire families of all ages of Redskins fans, and it is the official board of The Washington Redskins. Show pride and respect for that fact and give thought to what you post on ES. If you are in doubt about something you're about to post, simply don't post it.

Members quoting posts that include such violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa6c37385afa36e470da020a20994e60.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KC Shox said:

How about Washington Wind Talkers?  From the 2002 movie.  It still keeps the Native American theme but does it to honor them and their military service.  

The movie, which is full of inaccuracies, may have been called Wind Talkers but the men themselves are usually referred to as Code Talkers. Lots of great books on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

When Snyder bought this team in ‘99, my dad said that they’d never win under his leadership.  I thought he was crazy.  Turns out he was right as rain.  If you’re not successful under a certain owner in 20 years, it’s not going to happen.  Show me one single case in the NFL where that has ever happened.

Low performance for two decades, and now caving to corporatist extortion tactics & undue political pressures.  I simply won’t do it anymore.  It feels really good when you stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

Edited by ARParr_72
  • Sad 1

Raljon doesn't exist anymore. 

I am actually excited about some of you considering leaving. 

Take care and good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ARParr_72 said:

@ARParr_72 why are you here posting then?  Do you think it was realistic that they just keep the name and lose all sponsorship, money on merchandise sales?  I agree with you on Snyder but it's not changing and I'm also sad about the name but I guess I'm hopeful that there may be some real change coming.  Probably naive lol but I've been through enough that I'm not giving up now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redskns21 said:

I’m on here because I’m heartbroken & pissed off.  The truth is that I’ll likely calm down but I’m 48 and these guys are all I’ve known for my entire life.  Now they’re gone.  Make no mistake.  What we will have is a completely new identity, a completely new entity, legally & in all other respects.  Brand new.  The ownership & the geography are all that remain.  That’s just the reality.  Like RalJon MD, the Redskins no longer exist.

Mark my words; before the 2021 season all Redskins gear will be banned from the stadium.  Most likely from EVERY NFL stadium.

Frankly, I will not be at all surprised if the team’s Lombardi Trophies are re-cast using the new name by the 2021 season.  The Washington Redskins have been erased.

Edited by ARParr_72
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dyst said:

I hate to say it, but I’m kinda really liking this. Its so understated and classy but very professional. I love the gold numbers and want to keep it even moving forward. 

Likewise. Marketed well, this branding could look really great. I think many of those that are sceptical could be won over. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Likewise. Marketed well, this branding could look really great. I think many of those that are sceptical could be won over. 

I would still be frustrated at the lack of preparation for the franchise.

However, I would be less bothered by this if they just decided to go by “Washington” instead of “Washington Team Football” or whatever they’re calling themselves. 

It’s an awkward roll out regardless.

That doesn’t mean it can’t come out with a clean look and classic uniforms. Good can still come out of poor. 

Edited by KDawg

12 hours ago, PleaseGoForTheWin said:

The movie, which is full of inaccuracies, may have been called Wind Talkers but the men themselves are usually referred to as Code Talkers. Lots of great books on the subject.

Yeah, I suggested Code Talkers in a different thread. While I think it would be pretty cool personally I don't think it would fly. For one thing, it needs an explanation (which might actually be a good thing as it would involve teaching Native American contributions),  but after that you would fall into fifty percent of all the old complaints.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I will never be won over to the idea that we have the only sports team, college, professional, even club or school teams, in the world (to my knowledge) without a name.  We will have numbers on the helmet like a high school team in 1967.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

I like it. We are the only team in the league without a name. Unique, makes us seem mysterious. I mean, our product on the field is trash anyway, does the name really matter? I am a zany person and would love if they came up with a weird name like the Porcupines or Cacti or anything else completely off the wall and new.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I like it. We are the only team in the league without a name. Unique, makes us seem mysterious. I mean, our product on the field is trash anyway, does the name really matter? I am a zany person and would love if they came up with a weird name like the Porcupines or Cacti or anything else completely off the wall and new.

What about reliving the glory years 2.0?

Best known unit was the Hogs.  Well, introducing version 2.0, the Washington Hippos!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

What about reliving the glory years 2.0?

Best known unit was the Hogs.  Well, introducing version 2.0, the Washington Hippos!

Love it 🦛

Okay, so we announced the Washington Football Club thing and ESPN can't update the link to our team with the W or something.  We made the announcement, get your **** together and update it.  You were so damn quick to remove Redskins and give us this blank shield but, sorry, too much coffee this morning.  I just hate the 4 letter and how they think they are the moral judges of all sports.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I don’t even mind Football Team. It’s just different. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I can't stomach the name Washington Football Team. Phil Simms used to refer to us as The Washington Team every time that prick called one of our games. Furthermore,  it has too many words and just sounds generic and unimaginative as hell. Like the boring numbers on the helmet. I know it is only temporary until they change it to something else that appeases the PC mob of Cancel Culture. 

Also, Washington has to go too.  I mean since George owned slaves and all. Oh, and DC too. Doesn't  Columbia have connotations to Christopher Columbus? Can't have that either since statues are being pulled down left and right. 

Let's just call them "Team".......oh wait....Team might be offensive too. Not everyone made the team or was ever part of a team. Not inclusive enough.

Or maybe have no name at all and just put an "X" on the helmet. That way no one can possibly be offended.....oh wait.....Better yet, maybe we can use the X from the XEtremeskins logo, sans the feathers. 

Our beautiful former Redskinettes cheerleaders will be the X ettes. Sounds good. Better than The Washington Football Teamettes.

It doesn't matter though. I'm done with it all. The politicization of the game, the kneeling. I am a fan of the Washington Redskins. They don't exist anymore. The long standing rivalry of Cowboys vs Redskins every year is over. They will obliterate everything that ever was of the Washington Redskins because of a Marxist mob. Burn it all down. Everyone is happy now....

Go tell a Steeler fan or a Cowboy fan their favorite team has to change it's name. See how that goes over. Wait....weren't cowboys mean to Indians? Chief fans, you are next.

It's been a fun ride. I can always go back and watch old reruns of my favorite team. Hopefully,  they won't blur the logo from the helmets. ...

BTW, there some hilarious posting going on over at the Cowboys Zone in the news forum. They are having a blast over the idiotic new name!

Enjoy your new team everyone! ......WTF...pretty much sums it up! :))

HAIL TO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS! 

Edited by Jurgyrulz
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Jurgyrulz said:

It doesn't matter though. I'm done with it all. 

bye.   again.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, ARParr_72 said:

When Snyder bought this team in ‘99, my dad said that they’d never win under his leadership.  I thought he was crazy.  Turns out he was right as rain.  If you’re not successful under a certain owner in 20 years, it’s not going to happen.  Show me one single case in the NFL where that has ever happened.

<mod edit political comment>

Maybe not winning a title but having some success.

Arizona Cardinals eventually had some success.  Even though didn't win in the playoffs, the Bengals went from loser to being a playoff team a few times under Marvin Lewis.  It can happen.