Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Burgold

This is a bit of  a surprise. What happened to all this crap a few weeks ago about how "they had the name already"? Chick Hernandez and Fred Smoot's tweets basically doing everything but confirming that "Redwolves" had already been chosen. So weird. So normal. 

I like it. Uniforms look good. Stand on the history and heritage without bringing a name up.

This shows that Dan definitely was never going to drop the Redskin name. Ever. Who knew the cops murdering this guy would blow way the hell up like it did. Its not like its the first time or the last time it'll happen. How is he to know that he'd be completely forced to change the name overnight, after changing out almost his entire FO and everything. The absolute worst time for a rebranding. 

If they had a plan in place, it would prove he was already wanting it changed. 

Im glad the name issue is done. Whats funny is we are going to be a good team this year. We've made drastic FO changes and brought in more women, which is a positive.

Once we start winning games, all the people ****ing and saying they're done will be at home watching and calling them the Redskins still.

This is the smart move.

No reason to rush this. I remember reading somewhere that someone who works for the Washington Wizards said when they changed their name from the Bullets, it took over a year and a half to rebrand to the Wizards.

I didn't expect them to get this done in about 55 days. I wouldn't want them to.

Let them take their time and gauge the landscape.

Hopefully, they will come up with something better than Red Wolves or Red Tails.

27 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

It's actually not that.

It's the Washington Football Team, or WFT.

Not WTF.

That's why I would have preferred Washington Team Football. So it would in fact by WTF!!!  We say that so much during games, and loudly, that Snyder could patent the term and make $1Ms!!!  

WHat a complete buffoon!  He can;t even manage a name change without screwing it up!  Just pick a ****ing name and let's go!!  Why drag this thing out. Now it's stays in the news - and not in a good way. The only way this is Ok is if he know there will not be a 2020 season. If that's the case, then ok. Otherwise, he is just showing the dysfunction yet again.  

I agree that this is a smart move from a business perspective for the reasons pointed out.

But, because old Dan is still the owner I just don't see giving him any type of break is warranted.  He has almost violently resisted a name change, and was pretty much forced to make the change now.  I bet he is still pissed, not wanting to conform.

So, I understand WFT (which should just be WTF), but Dan doesn't get a pass.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any pictures or anything of what we're going to look like what the helmet's going to look like

Basically the same.

The only real difference is that instead of an Indian head logo, the players number will be on the helmet 

Like what Alabama does, expect the numbers will be in gold.

12 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

<snip>

I have no problem with the team just referring to itself as "Washington" for now.

Nor do I.

The WTF rebranding, for me, is more a comment on the state of football since Snyder took over.

I find it oddly satisfying to just give in to the inevitability of dissapointment and embrace the WTFness of my fandom.

WASHINGTON TEAM FOOTBALL is a state of mind.

WE are the WTFs of American football.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's why I would have preferred Washington Team Football. So it would in fact by WTF!!!  We say that so much during games, and loudly, that Snyder could patent the term and make $1Ms!!!  

WHat a complete buffoon!  He can;t even manage a name change without screwing it up!  Just pick a ****ing name and let's go!!  Why drag this thing out. Now it's stays in the news - and not in a good way. The only way this is Ok is if he know there will not be a 2020 season. If that's the case, then ok. Otherwise, he is just showing the dysfunction yet again.  

Rebranding takes time. See my post above about the Bullets/Wizards.

I'd much prefer they take their time and solicit ideas and views from sponsors, alumni, and fans and get everything in order, and not rush to a name they may regret down the road.

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Basically the same.

The only real difference is that instead of an Indian head logo, the players number will be on the helmet 

Like what Alabama does, expect the numbers will be in gold.

I'm glad you put it that way.

Continuing to model ourselves after such a winning org,like Alabama, has to be a good thing.

Now, if we could start practicing as hard as Nick Saban's practices.

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Nor do I.

The WTF rebranding, for me, is more a comment on the state of football since Snyder took over.

I find it oddly satisfying to just give in to the inevitability of dissapointment and embrace the WTFness of my fandom.

WASHINGTON TEAM FOOTBALL is a state of mind.

With new a new coach(es) and new front office, I'm not going to lay the misery of the past on them. I'm going to be optimistic for now.

The team has the same owner, but there is nothing we can do about that.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm glad you put it that way.

Continuing to model ourselves after such a winning org,like Alabama, has to be a good thing.

Now, if we could start practicing as hard as Nick Saban's practices.

The CBA the league and union worked out probably wouldn't let them.

Archived