Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

8 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Cole only allowed himself to have sexual activity of any kind during the week IF the team won

Damn, most of ES was the exact opposite. Every defeat was a step closer to Chase Young :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 7/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Holcomb looks like freaking He-Man. That 2019 draft class is going to be an all-time great class for this franchise, it's obvious. Haskins, Sweat, McLaurin, and Holcomb? Good lord. Not to mention contributors like Martin and Moreland, who are at least worthy of roster spots and play time. 

They still have to show the growth.  Haskins and Sweat are still ?, Holcomb is bigger but do we know if he’s better? 

I hope it works out, but still wait and see.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, CurseReversed said:

yea I have heard a lot of stories like that.  Weird coincidence.  IF a virus that looked like the flu traveled around the world, caused millions to be sick or worse, but had no brand name or media following, would we even notice?  did we?

Seriously? Sigh. Youre one of those people who discovered the virus before the peoples whos lives revolve around it? Are you a doctor,scientist or youtube subscriber? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They still have to show the growth.  Haskins and Sweat are still ?, Holcomb is bigger but do we know if he’s better? 

I hope it works out, but still wait and see.

They do have to show growth but two good rookie seasons, and one great one. I can't remember the last time we had that, can you? 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
30 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

They do have to show growth but two good rookie seasons, and one great one. I can't remember the last time we had that, can you? 

Good rookie seasons despite the utter nonsense that was going on behind the scenes and with really sketchy coaching.

11 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Confucius say: “A guaranteed $350,000 buy more milkshakes and cheetos  than the promise of multi-millions you may never receive.”

I'm fuzzy on this, but I think 350k is the high risk opt out.  The basic opt out is only 150k.  But I saw something about how if you don't make the team the following season after a high risk opt out, you have to pay that 350k back?  A little confused on the details.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Seriously? Sigh. Youre one of those people who discovered the virus before the peoples whos lives revolve around it? Are you a doctor,scientist or youtube subscriber? 

No i just listened to the unusually large number of people who told me how sick they were in dec-february, and used critical thinking to hypothesize that there was a very strong and very contagious flu like virus going around before The covid outbreak.  I dont know what it was or if it was anything more then a serious flu.  But it was very noticeable.  Like I said, I dont know a single person who got deathly sick from covid, besides the grandmother of a distant friend. Yet, I cant even count how many people told me they were deathly ill during that time period, it was VERY substantial. I am not sure why these anecdotal observations would be threatening to you.   You certainly didn't need to be a rocket scientist or a conspiracy theorist to notice it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

No i just listened to the unusually large number of people who told me how sick they were in dec-february, and used critical thinking to hypothesize that there was a very strong and very contagious flu like virus going around before The covid outbreak.  I dont know what it was or if it was anything more then a serious flu.  But it was very noticeable.  Like I said, I dont know a single person who got deathly sick from covid, besides the grandmother of a distant friend. Yet, I cant even count how many people told me they were deathly ill during that time period, it was VERY substantial. I am not sure why these anecdotal observations would be threatening to you.   You certainly didn't need to be a rocket scientist or a conspiracy theorist to notice it.

So, youtbube researcher. Got it. I had an awful cold in November. I know a lot of people in my area that did. I do know people who died from Covid and not a person from that random flu or whatever. I can't remember any "flu" requiring refrigerated trucks outside of morgues though, but I guess your very own special opinion is better than every expert around the world.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm starting to hate this dude JDR despite being so excited to finally have a real proven DC. What an absolute idiot. 

It's so disappointing. Really is a sky dive from high to low, but he needs to go.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think what he's doing is such a big deal.

I didn't have a problem before with his political views, but now he's essentially calling out his players for opting out by claiming it's not really a pandemic and then using the old "car accidents happen so maybe we should stop driving" argument.

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, youtbube researcher. Got it. I had an awful cold in November. I know a lot of people in my area that did. I do know people who died from Covid and not a person from that random flu or whatever. I can't remember any "flu" requiring refrigerated trucks outside of morgues though, but I guess your very own special opinion is better than every expert around the world.

Keep it out of the stadium. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I didn't have a problem before with his political views, but now he's essentially calling out his players for opting out by claiming it's not really a pandemic and then using the old "car accidents happen so maybe we should stop driving" argument.

I don't disagree but we have a prominent coach being a covid denier and calling players out and dismissing the BLM movement at the same time. It's tough to not blur these lines anymore.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't disagree but we have a prominent coach being a covid denier and calling players out and dismissing the BLM movement at the same time. It's tough to not blur these lines anymore.

Well, IMO he was toeing that line but now that his views could personally affect his relationhip with players and lord knows what else he's telling them behind the scenes ("I don't want any guy who's buying all this bull****!") that's where I draw the line. It's dangerous and irresponsible to downplay the severity as it's almost forcing younger, hungry guys to ignore symptoms.

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't know man, people just have to learn not to let differing opinions get to them. If he wears a mask, and demands his players wear one then there shouldn't be a problem. Yes, his opinion is moronic, denying there's a pandemic going around is ridiculous at this stage of the game. Even I have to admit though, some of my smartest and most successful friends in life have views that are similar to his.

If he can call a good defense, I don't care if he thinks the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, and Santa Claus is real. I have a strong belief in letting people think for themselves no matter how crazy it may seem to me. As long as he isn't racist, there shouldn't be a problem. We shouldn't be surprised an old white guy is a conservative lol. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't know man, people just have to learn not to let differing opinions get to them. If he wears a mask, and demands his players wear one then there shouldn't be a problem. Yes, his opinion is moronic, denying there's a pandemic going around is ridiculous at this stage of the game. Even I have to admit though, some of my smartest and most successful friends in life have views that are similar to his.

If he can call a good defense, I don't care if he thinks the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, and Santa Claus is real. I have a strong belief in letting people think for themselves no matter how crazy it may seem to me. As long as he isn't racist, there shouldn't be a problem. We shouldn't be surprised an old white guy is a conservative lol. 

as I said in an earlier post, the danger with this has to do with him basically saying without actually saying that he has no time nor patiente for players who opt out or may chose to do so. If you're a rook or a hungry FA and you feel symptoms, there's less of a chance you speak up and say something knowing JDR's feelings. Sure it would be found out during testing but by then it may be too late.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

as I said in an earlier post, the danger with this has to do with him basically saying without actually saying that he has no time nor patiente for players who opt out or may chose to do so. If you're a rook or a hungry FA and you feel symptoms, there's less of a chance you speak up and say something knowing JDR's feelings. Sure it would be found out during testing but by then it may be too late.

It doesn't matter if they feel symptoms or not because they're getting tested everyday. That's the beauty of it, if they weren't getting tested I would be a lot more concerned. The NFL has setup protocols that prevent a person like JDR getting his players to infect the entire league. JDR has to have some self control with his twitter account, he needs to go on Reddit or something if he's going to want to get into internet battles. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It doesn't matter if they feel symptoms or not because they're getting tested everyday. That's the beauty of it, if they weren't getting tested I would be a lot more concerned. The NFL has setup protocols that prevent a person like JDR getting his players to infect the entire league. JDR has to have some self control with his twitter account, he needs to go on Reddit or something if he's going to want to get into internet battles. 

It does matter because when the season starts there's no way they'll be tested every day. 

• Jumbo locked this topic