Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per John Keim Twitter: Larry Michael Retiring

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Wait, how was he a friend of ES?

He apparently was very convincing to be a "great guy." Some of us saw right through his BS all along. Haven't posted here in a LONG time, but I had to come in here and see what the reaction was because quite a few people defended him when some of us called him out as the scumbag he is a long time ago. You can also label him as a ****ing coward now to. POS tucked his tail and bolted because he KNOWS he's guilty. Seriously. What a POS douchebag he is. It was so obvious to some. I feel bad for the women, but seeing this ahole go down is so gratifying. **** him.

• Like 12

Well turns out he is POS. I stand by my earlier statements in that we can only make judgements on our direct interactions. Had I seen anything like this I would have obviously formed a different opinion. My interaction with him was very positive and i was OK with his being a homer on radio, especially since Cooley was there to shut him down when he got too far. It was kind of fun listening to them go at it. 

But if this is all true, I hope they ruin him. He should go to jail but probably will not. Time to turn the page. 

I may just be wanting this - but it feels like Ron R is having an impact on the team in that in previous leadership, something like this would have been ignored or attempted to be hidden. They seem to be getting proactive and not go into instant denial to the end for Dans' buddies. Could be wrong here - clearly I have that capacity. But this is not the typical Washington response under Dan. He would have shielded whoever as long as he could. Again could just be wishful thinking on my part. But I can hope. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Well turns out he is POS. I stand by my earlier statements in that we can only make judgements on our direct interactions. Had I seen anything like this I would have obviously formed a different opinion. My interaction with him was very positive and i was OK with his being a homer on radio, especially since Cooley was there to shut him down when he got too far. It was kind of fun listening to them go at it. 

But if this is all true, I hope they ruin him. He should go to jail but probably will not. Time to turn the page. 

I may just be wanting this - but it feels like Ron R is having an impact on the team in that in previous leadership, something like this would have been ignored or attempted to be hidden. They seem to be getting proactive and not go into instant denial to the end for Dans' buddies. Could be wrong here - clearly I have that capacity. But this is not the typical Washington response under Dan. He would have shielded whoever as long as he could. Again could just be wishful thinking on my part. But I can hope. 

"He should go to jail", lmfao. This is ****ing insane. He said some college girls were good looking, big ****ing deal. What a world we live in now.

• Thanks 1
Just now, respectgibbs said:

"He should go to jail", lmfao. This is ****ing insane. He said some college girls were good looking, big ****ing deal. What a world we live in now.

You know that's all he did? You were there and are 100% that's all he did???  And what if that's "all" it was. If they felt threatened it's still sexual assault. I have no idea if he did that or not - which is why I said, wait for it - if he it is true. Yea, what a world we live where sexual assault is brushed off as if it were no problem - well until it happens to them or one of their family.  

14 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

Buddy doesn't leave a cushy, high-paying job like the one he has to retire simply based off of getting caught saying a college girl was hot.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Buddy doesn't leave a cushy, high-paying job like the one he has to retire simply based off of getting caught saying a college girl was hot.  

He does when it's twisted by the wapo and we live in the metoo era. I mean, sure, maybe he was a creep, saying things that most of us quietly think instead ("man, she's hot!"), but he's not a monster and the idea that he should be arrested is laughably insane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

He does when it's twisted by the wapo and we live in the metoo era.

My lord, not the meanie media again.  I'd place a large wager that what was reported in the WaPo pales in comparison to what he's really like.  The guy doesn't abruptly retire with 'no comment' from the team if that is the only transgression he's ever had in the workplace.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

He does when it's twisted by the wapo and we live in the metoo era. I mean, sure, maybe he was a creep, saying things that most of us quietly think instead ("man, she's hot!"), but he's not a monster and the idea that he should be arrested is laughably insane.

I have a weird feeling those things might only scratch the surface with Larry. Imagine the stuff the reports have had to leave out, for various reasons.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My lord, not the meanie media again.  I'd place a large wager that what was reported in the WaPo pales in comparison to what he's really like.  The guy doesn't abruptly retire with 'no comment' from the team if that is the only transgression he's ever had in the workplace.

So at least you admit the actual "evidence" supplied by the wapo was incredibly weak, I guess we agree on that. And of course people have been fired for less when transgressions are made public and hyped up, especially in metoo era.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
15 hours ago, KingGibbs said:

He apparently was very convincing to be a "great guy." Some of us saw right through his BS all along. Haven't posted here in a LONG time, but I had to come in here and see what the reaction was because quite a few people defended him when some of us called him out as the scumbag he is a long time ago. You can also label him as a ****ing coward now to. POS tucked his tail and bolted because he KNOWS he's guilty. Seriously. What a POS douchebag he is. It was so obvious to some. I feel bad for the women, but seeing this ahole go down is so gratifying. **** him.

totally agree and calling him a douchebag is a compliment.  He's much worse than that...

• Like 2

I never understood the hate that Baghdad Larry got from what I saw on his broadcasts. When his job was to be the hype man, I couldn't blame him for doing exactly that no matter how awful the dumpster fire around him was.

I couldn't have judged his character more wrongly.

1 hour ago, respectgibbs said:

So at least you admit the actual "evidence" supplied by the wapo was incredibly weak, I guess we agree on that. And of course people have been fired for less when transgressions are made public and hyped up, especially in metoo era.

At a time where majority of people have realized what’s made public only scratches the surface in these situations, and that past benefit of the doubt should not be extended, you’ve chosen to extend the benefit of the doubt and think all that’s been released so far is all there is to it.

i get the stance that the info in the WaPo article itself doesn’t merit criminal charges, and that if we really wanted to talk about it there’s issues with statute of limitations and the fact that according the post there are no formal complaints on file with any department/agency (even internal ones to the Redskins) complicate the matter even if there were provable instances of criminal conduct. 

but you seem to have gone beyond that into the “it’s all made up” and some nonsense about the metoo movement having a significant witch hunt element to it. 

Sometimes dots are easy to connect. Guy retires from cushy gig unceremoniously, guy that was one of the faces of the franchise (specifically held title “Voice of the Redskins”) right before the article drops in a week where other execs were fired (and also named in said article)

sorry man the connections you’re ignoring are obvious and the ones you’re trying to pretend are real don’t make any sense. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I never understood the hate that Baghdad Larry got from what I saw on his broadcasts. When his job was to be the hype man, I couldn't blame him for doing exactly that no matter how awful the dumpster fire around him was.

I couldn't have judged his character more wrongly.

He's actually very easy to read. He's a narcissist. Almost all narcissists are douchebags or worse.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You know that's all he did? You were there and are 100% that's all he did???  And what if that's "all" it was. If they felt threatened it's still sexual assault. I have no idea if he did that or not - which is why I said, wait for it - if he it is true. Yea, what a world we live where sexual assault is brushed off as if it were no problem - well until it happens to them or one of their family.  

Well, were you there?  

• Like 2

I never had an opinion of Larry outside of him being a ****ty announcer.  The typical cheesy delivery -- and his work on Redskins Nation sucked as well.

Am I surprised he's a ****ing creep?  No.  And, he "retires" before the "bombshell" story drops.  Telling,...

Edited by Probos
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, were you there?  

no. But if you read back you would see I didn’t claim I knew what happened either.  I said if what they said was true he should go to jail. 

This coming out about Larry doesn’t surprise me at all. Back in October me and my girl took a vacation to Miami and going to the game was the cap of the vacation. We went to the Redskins rally that Saturday night before the game and my girl knows little about football and definitely doesn’t know who Larry Michael is. I get back from the bathroom and she tells me “that weird guy over there came over and hit on me” she was pointing at Larry. I said him? In a laughing way because that’s the voice of the Redskins lol. It wasn’t a huge deal she said he just came over to her put his arm around her and said something to the extent of hey beautiful. Which is pretty harmless but after that happening I can see him being a weird pervy man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Well turns out he is POS. I stand by my earlier statements in that we can only make judgements on our direct interactions. 

So, I had a recent run in with something like this. I had a number of interactions with a high level author and he was really cool, chill, and supportive. 

Turns out he was someone else to women. Used his power to seduce young authors, cheat on his wife, and then would manipulate/scare the woman by intimating the power and influence he could over her career. 

Now, other than the affair being confirmed it turned into a he said/ah said and even odder the wife was cast as a chief villain, but it made me question and reassess everything I thought about the guy. 

So, you’re right. We judge people based on our interactions, but it’s also possible to be fooled. It’s also possible there are other sides to the story. 

in any case, Larry Michaels sure looks like a rat right now. He ought to step forward and explain himself or step forward and apologize. Probably both. 

• Like 1