Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Will Breakout this Year?

13 hours ago, Panninho said:

Maybe him, seems like he put in the work😅

He already wasn’t very fluid in coverage and his best asset was his speed. I hope this doesn’t make him more stuff. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

He already wasn’t very fluid in coverage and his best asset was his speed. I hope this doesn’t make him more stuff. 

I think he had good instincts but had problems making tackles and getting ran over. I think the added bulk is only going to help.

Offense = Gibson.  I think he fits the mold well for what Rivera wants.  I think by the end of the season he will be the #1.

Defense = Sweat.  With this defensive staff he will shine.  He and Young are going to going to be a handful and they can't both be double teamed.

• Like 1

Biggest breakout? Lets go with the Washington Football Brand

We have been at a serious low point recently, taking bombs from the media and fighting off the field in fan discussions. Any return to normalcy where we can simply talk about why Player A needs to grab some bench while Player B needs to get more reps will be a massive boon.

Nearly all of the National reporting on this team in the last two months has had very little to do with actual football, which is like the whole point of this organization’s existence. IF we can actually get some ball games in, that narrative will quickly turn around. Even moreso if we so much as sniff player development and success.

I myself am dead-tired of following my football team and getting everything but the sport.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FootballZombie said:

Biggest breakout? Lets go with the Washington Football Brand

We have been at a serious low point recently, taking bombs from the media and fighting off the field in fan discussions. Any return to normalcy where we can simply talk about why Player A needs to grab some bench while Player B needs to get more reps will be a massive boon.

Nearly all of the National reporting on this team in the last two months has had very little to do with actual football, which is like the whole point of this organization’s existence. IF we can actually get some ball games in, that narrative will quickly turn around. Even moreso if we so much as sniff player development and success.

I myself am dead-tired of following my football team and getting everything but the sport.

yup!  i just want to be able to brag and post that they lost to "team no name"

• 3 weeks later...

I never thought I would be saying this, but Troy Apke appears to be a good candidate. It's amazing what a little bit of motivation and development from the coaches will do for a player. 

Many of us were close to writing off Troy Apke and Geron Christian from the 2018 draft after last season. Now, here we are talking about both of them being potential starters. Kyle Smith seems to have a tendency to select raw players in the mid to late rounds of the draft but maybe we've never had a coaching staff committed to getting young guys on the right page. I don't have inside info on Gruden or anything but he seemed like a guy that would lean on his vets a little too often. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

Sean Deion Hamilton

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is big

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

The only Breakouts I see this year are probably coming from one of the rookies in the form of acne. 

Hahahahahaha..think positive

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I never thought I would be saying this, but Troy Apke appears to be a good candidate. It's amazing what a little bit of motivation and development from the coaches will do for a player. 

Many of us were close to writing off Troy Apke and Geron Christian from the 2018 draft after last season. Now, here we are talking about both of them being potential starters. Kyle Smith seems to have a tendency to select raw players in the mid to late rounds of the draft but maybe we've never had a coaching staff committed to getting young guys on the right page. I don't have inside info on Gruden or anything but he seemed like a guy that would lean on his vets a little too often. 

To be fair, Gruden regime actually developed them if they pan out.  New coaches have only had them on the field for a number of days.

As far as will they be legit starters that remains to be seen.  Not much competition at LT and Apke is pretty athletic, but can't stay healthy.

Step 1 of having a better than expected O

Geron Christian locks down the starting LT spot.  Here’s a nice little article on him, he knows it’s his shot.  Love to hear he went to work. Go get it GC! It would be huge for this team if he came out and balled. HUGE.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/27/geron-christian-mission-earn-starting-offensive-ta/

Step 2 The Ripple

If GC can breakout and our Oline is decent, I think Dwayne can take a big step forward. And since Dwayne is balling a host of others get to ball too. Sims,Thomas,Gibson,Peterson,AGG,Love,

Inman.

21 points/game..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
9 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Step 1 of having a better than expected O

Geron Christian locks down the starting LT spot.  Here’s a nice little article on him, he knows it’s his shot.  Love to hear he went to work. Go get it GC! It would be huge for this team if he came out and balled. HUGE.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/27/geron-christian-mission-earn-starting-offensive-ta/

Step 2 The Ripple

If GC can breakout and our Oline is decent, I think Dwayne can take a big step forward. And since Dwayne is balling a host of others get to ball too. Sims,Thomas,Gibson,Peterson,AGG,Love,

Inman.

21 points/game..

Other than a replacement for Reed at TE, hard to see a target more predictable than LT for the first rounder next year. They've drafted weighting position in the first round before. 

Not holding my breath with Christian. Feel as if Moses will inevitably injure himself, and the FA pick-up will be the only reliable starter at those spots. 

Hopefully the TEs are blocking a bunch this season and letting the inside work go to Sims, Gibson and Terry.

On offense: Sims or Gibson

Defense: Holcomb (as said before) or Sweat/Young or Moreland. Foster might be eased back with Davis holding the fort, limiting his total impact this year. 

Naturally, defense is where they should be a lot of differing opinions simply because the whole unit should take a huge step, which provides so many opportunities for success.

I could see LT > TE > CB next year. 

Edited by Silvernon
  • Like 1