Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

 

The article stated that everyone else was under an NDA and although they wanted to speak, Snyder's attorneys wouldn't allow them to.


An NDA does not protect criminal behavior.
 

The talk before the article suggested crimes had been committed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how much more of this I can put up with as a fan.

 

The idea this is a nothing burger, there's less regular female posters on this board then there are fingers on my right hand. How is this going to help, we gonna have #metoo after us too now?

 

This article is only what the Post could defend in court and the women chose to help validate anyway even with all the NDA's going around.

 

Reality is absolutely worse then what this article suggests, but the idea that pretty much every female employee for the Redskins is saying the same thing about working there...thats not a nothing burger.  That says more about some of us talking like that.

 

Be mad it doesn't match the apocalypse Twitter predicted, it getting dragged out just tells me the post had to take **** out before publishing.

 

Now it's up to the NFL to investigate, and God bless Rivera for trying to stick this out and clean this up.  But he can't finish this with Dan there, there is no way in Hell that Snyder didn't know this was going on. He's a bully jus like the accused, starts at the top, man.

 

Folks that want to minimize this because it "happens every day" are part of the f'n problem. Stop asking me to be a fan of this franchise when it constantly finds new ways to violate my values as a fellow human being. We are used to something we shouldn't be used to at all.

 

If I had a daughter, I'd be just as concerned them joining the Redskins as joining the Navy.  I don't want to be a fan of this team if thats cost of doing business with them, stop asking me to "jus focus on football" when the franchise is completely incapbale of it in some of the most morally disgusting ways imaginable. 

 

This isn't rock bottom yet...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wbo knows what the legal team had removed, Dan will have to answer to when he found out about this stuff and why actions were not taken in a prompt manner. Why would female reporters and staff feel comfortable working in that unstable building on a daily basis. 

 

Edit: @Renegade7 Hit the nail on the head. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Maybe people should stop looking at this through the lens of "Will this force Snyder to sell?" and start looking at it through the lens of "Can I in good conscience continue to be a fan of this team?" 

 

Trust me, I'm there. I'm so f'n there right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not sure how much more of this I can put up with as a fan.

 

The idea this is a nothing burger, there's less regular female posters on this board then there are fingers on my right hand. How is this going to help, we gonna have #metoo after us too now?

 

This article is only what the Post could defend in court and the women chose to help validate anyway even with all the NDA's going around.

 

Reality is absolutely worse then what this article suggests, but the idea that pretty much every female employee for the Redskins is saying the same thing about working there...thats not a nothing burger.  That says more about some of us talking like that.

 

Be mad it doesn't match the apocalypse Twitter predicted, it getting dragged out just tells me the post had to take **** out before publishing.

 

Now it's up to the NFL to investigate, and God bless Rivera for trying to stick this out and clean this up.  But he can't finish this with Dan there, there is no way in Hell that Snyder didn't know this was going on. He's a bully jus like the accused, starts at the top, man.

 

Folks that want to minimize this because it "happens every day" are part of the f'n problem. Stop asking me to be a fan of this franchise when it constantly finds new ways to violate my values as a fellow human being. We are used to something we shouldn't be used to at all.

 

If I had a daughter, I'd be just as concerned them joining the Redskins as joining the Navy.  I don't wang to be a fan of this team if thats cost of doing business with them, stop asking me to "jus focus on football" when the franchise is completely incapbale of it in some of the most morally disgusting ways imaginable. 

 

This isn't rock bottom yet...

Your making alot of assumptions here and presenting them as fact, is that you washpost? check yourself!

Edited by Gibbs828791
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:


An NDA does not protect criminal behavior.
 

The talk before the article suggested crimes had been committed.

People were just grabbing at straws. Talking Epstein connections and **** with children. The depravity of our imaginations

Link to post
Share on other sites

Expected the story to cover more aspects of the insanity at Redskins Park but I guess I can't blame the Post. They can't control speculation on social media. Maybe there will be more, but if not the media people hinting this would bring down Snyder have some explaining to do. 

 

The organization is as sleazy and gross as we expected. It consists of exactly the kind of people who even now would do absolutely nothing about this harassment, assault, and work environment. 

 

The hype from the other rumors is annoying now because it's affected the context of what we're reading. Everything in the story is terrible but the other unaddressed rumors are now part of the story. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Maybe people should stop looking at this through the lens of "Will this force Snyder to sell?" and start looking at it through the lens of "Can I in good conscience continue to be a fan of this team?" 

My fanbood was waning long before this. Synder’s ownership has drained me of most enthusiasm years ago.  The team is a disgrace. A cess pool of scum. 

 

Having said that, i don’t close the door to reviving my fandom.  But it starts and ends with the departure of Synder.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Maybe people should stop looking at this through the lens of "Will this force Snyder to sell?" and start looking at it through the lens of "Can I in good conscience continue to be a fan of this team?" 

 

I think its more difficult than that.  You could write that article about any college or pro sports team and it would probably be 2/3 as bad.  It's more a question of, "Can I watch any sport ever again?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Like I said we hearing one side of the story, why should I believe anything without more investigating, I dont know any of these people, woman have lied and the post is the post.  Thats the problem ever buddy jumps to conclusions. Already looks like the post has put things in the article that dont belong.

 

I mean, if your starting position is basically "why should I believe exhaustively cross-sourced investigative journalism that led to multiple firings and retirements from the team"...then there just isn't a conversation for us to have here. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wrilbo67 said:

 

I think its more difficult than that.  You could write that article about any college or pro sports team and it would probably be 2/3 as bad.  It's more a question of, "Can I watch any sport ever again?"

see Penn State

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Your making alot of assumptions here and presenting them as fact, is that you washpost? check yourself!

 

Check yourself, I'm not assuming anything.

 

Everyday folks are shrugging their should at the tip of the iceberg on women being treated like **** in the workplace.

 

But this is the second time something like this has come out about this franchise in two years, who's assuming here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

I mean, if your starting position is basically "why should I believe exhaustively cross-sourced investigative journalism that led to multiple firings and retirements from the team"...then there just isn't a conversation for us to have here. 

cross-sourced investigative journalism thats a good one! lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

I mean, if your starting position is basically "why should I believe exhaustively cross-sourced investigative journalism that led to multiple firings and retirements from the team"...then there just isn't a conversation for us to have here. 

 

I'm getting a feeling that poster is a rep for the team running interference. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

😐😐

 

"Sad and disappointing", indeed. What a ****ed-up culture to work in. I've worked in an environment where the boss' wife regularly said the most graphic sexual things to me and literally begged me to have sex with her. I blew it off because I'm a guy and I never felt as if my job were at stake. I can't imagine, though, a woman going through even half of what I went through, and to have to experience it from numerous men.

 

The whole paid refs-Epstein connection-Gruden and Bibbs ****ing the same secretary-paid prostitute on team flights-etc etc etc didn't make an appearance in the article. Don't see this leading to Snyder being forced to sell the team. Also, apparently no racism tidbits either, unless I missed it. All the "sexism/racism" tweets got it half right, it seems lol...

 

Definitely a sad and disapointing thing to read about my favorite team. Not quite the bombshell promised, though.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:


An NDA does not protect criminal behavior.
 

The talk before the article suggested crimes had been committed.

 

 

Generally true but there is some wiggle room. And that wiggle room can create a gap so big you could send an aircraft carrier through it sideways if you have great attorneys and an unlimited budget.

 

I am not an attorney so I'll quote one:

 

Generally speaking, no type of NDA can prohibit a person from reporting a crime. Courts have found that an NDA that attempts to bar someone from reporting a crime is against public policy. ... However, the law is a little less clear when sexual harassment and similar crimes don't rise to the level of criminal behavior. 

 

https://www.brodenmickelsen.com/blog/can-you-report-a-sexual-assault-if-you-signed-a-nda#:~:text=Generally speaking%2C no type of,crime is against public policy.&text=However%2C the law is a,the level of criminal behavior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

HR literally took away a physical hard drive with a video of one of the Michael allegations, deleted it and gave back the hard drive, and kept the video file in their 'confidential records' and nothing else happened until he was allowed to retire this week. Rhiannon Walker and The Atlantic were in contact with the team's legal team about Santos and nothing happened for years until he was fired for this article. There are more examples. I assume that fits what you're asking for? 

Ok..I didn't actually see that part...so that's bad for the 1 HR person...now..show me that Snyder and Allen knew...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

I mean, if your starting position is basically "why should I believe exhaustively cross-sourced investigative journalism that led to multiple firings and retirements from the team"...then there just isn't a conversation for us to have here. 

 

If this report is hard for some fans to swallow, just imagine their reaction to what got left on the cutting room floor. 

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

In car listening to ESPN Spain and company. When it broke, they did the first segment out of commercial on it. Maybe 10-12 mins, go to commercial. Come back with interview with white sox beat. If this was the story that was teased or anything close, they bump that segment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...