Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If only we were talking about a video, that would be bad enough in and of itself.  However, we're talking about his entire tenure of ownership.  We're talking about all the little and big things that have been reported on since the beginning.  It's never been more abundantly clear just how big of a scumbag he is.  No investigation that ends up in settlement will convince me his hands are clean.

Here's a thought - absent a "smoking gun" turning up in the investigation Danny boy most likely won't get bounced by the "old boys network" of NFL owners.  However, here's something I haven't seen mentioned yet.  Given, all of the unsavory information that has floated out - Danny boy's wife Tanya might be pretty upset, and if she were to fill for divorce.  He would have to sell the team because he's too illiquid.  Never thought I would root for something like this, but Danny boy has nearly destroyed our franchise.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I have ties to Indy so I guess the Colts. But I don't think I'll be passionate for any one team...I guess I'll be one of those NFL orphan fans. 

Then make the move.  You are still posting about a team that is owned by an owner you despise; an owner that despite all the despicable things about him, will not be removed as owner or forced to sell.  You will feel better.  Make the move and forget about this team and it's owner.

12 hours ago, killer938 said:

I was of the understanding that Snyder wouldn't be able to own 100% of the team because the loans that he would require to buy out the other owners would take him above the allowed LTV ratio that the NFL put in place, and he doesn't have the capital to buy their shares outright.

I was JUST about to say this.

*no i wasn't

12 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I was JUST about to say this.

*no i wasn't

Also with a new stadium having to be built, there's more debt. He would have to take that on if he were to buy out the other owners. 

And because he's run the organization poorly, the decreased fan base is affecting the bottom line. He's not in a good financial position. 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Then make the move.  You are still posting about a team that is owned by an owner you despise; an owner that despite all the despicable things about him, will not be removed as owner or forced to sell.  You will feel better.  Make the move and forget about this team and it's owner.

thanks for the advice...i don't think view this like so many view on these boards or social media. i don't need to make a grand announcement to the internet and declare my allegiance. 

the redskins are always going to matter to me and be relevant - it's just that lately it's in a negative way. since i was 5 years old, i've lived locally and followed this team. i'm 44. so, i appreciate the nudge, but i'll continue to post about the dysfunction of the organization that i've followed my whole life. even if i don't root for them to win due to their owner. 

Coed dance team?  Ehhhh...

If they had male cheerleaders and REAL cheerleading program like the Ravens have, I'd be all for that.  They're actually really fun to watch.  But a coed dance team?  I'm skeptical.  

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

A team source told USA TODAY the re-brand to a dance team is not related to the NFL’s investigation.

Yea right.....

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Whoa yeah, no idea!

I meant to convey something like this: I don't view this as many do on Twitter or message boards where they feel the need to announce an unfollow or blocking of someone. 

I totally get what you were saying.

I find it entertaining when posters tell other posters what to do when it pertains to the team.  "If you don't like it, move on".  As if you care one iota about <insert poster here>'s opinion or that they don't like reading your negative takes on the team.  Couldn't you respond just the same? If X poster doesn't like me harping on Dan on this message board, then get lost and find a Skins board where they don't talk negatively about Dan.

I personally think that's just guilt talking, as most every time the same people posting that tripe will provide the disclaimer that they too, think Dan stinks.  Meaning they know he's a scumbag and that there is most likely a lot of truth to the rumors and allegations, but would prefer not talk about it, because it's uncomfortable.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thanks 1

LOL, so i told someone on twitter that Snyder should be forced to sell the team. This is his response: 

I disagree. He purchased the team with his money and mismanagement isn’t a reason to force somebody to sell their personal assets. I don’t like the way you treat your car. You SHOULD be forced to sell it and take the bus. That’s what you sound like” 

i hate people.......

So now the WFT is going to have an NBA dance team.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get Red Panda too. And some halftime FG kicks for free Dominos pizza.

This is getting embarrassing now.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I totally get what you were saying.

I find it entertaining when posters tell other posters what to do when it pertains to the team.  "If you don't like it, move on".  As if you care one iota about <insert poster here>'s opinion or that they don't like reading your negative takes on the team.  Couldn't you respond just the same? If X poster doesn't like me harping on Dan on this message board, then get lost and find a Skins board where they don't talk negatively about Dan.

I personally think that's just guilt talking, as most every time the same people posting that tripe will provide the disclaimer that they too, think Dan stinks.  Meaning they know he's a scumbag and that there is most likely a lot of truth to the rumors and allegations, but would prefer not talk about it, because it's uncomfortable.

And I was in his shoes for years, so I get the mentality. I hated when off-the-field things popped up because, at that time, my interest in the football side outweighed it so I wanted to ignore it. I still have good friends like that and I completely understand the mindset. I'm just on the other side now. I try not to be too preachy or anything, but I'm also allowed to have an interest in how this is going while refusing to root for Snyder. 

And I agree with you...more and more people are coming around to it and many probably feel extremely conflicted. I know I did and I'm pretty late to the party...there were plenty of fans who were much quicker to boycott the team due to Snyder's behavior. There are also still some who lump all of Snyder's offenses into one category. I don't. These latest allegations are completely different to me than him being a meddling, bad football owner. I'd be with them through thick and thin if that was his only issue. 

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL, so i told someone on twitter that Snyder should be forced to sell the team. This is his response: 

I disagree. He purchased the team with his money and mismanagement isn’t a reason to force somebody to sell their personal assets. I don’t like the way you treat your car. You SHOULD be forced to sell it and take the bus. That’s what you sound like” 

i hate people.......

That's what I get as pushback from friends now too. This isn't mismanagement - if he was simply just a bad owner, then I'd agree with that response 100%. But he's not worthy of running $3B organization...that's the issue. 

Not to mention, this is slightly different than a private company. He's one of 32 partners and the other ones have every right to buy him out (force him to sell). Happens all the time around the world and sometimes for much less than what he's done. 

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

And I agree with you...more and more people are coming around to it and many probably feel extremely conflicted. I know I did and I'm pretty late to the party...there were plenty of fans who were much quicker to boycott the team due to Snyder's behavior. There are also still some who lump all of Snyder's offenses into one category. I don't. These latest allegations are completely different to me than him being a meddling, bad football owner. I'd be with them through thick and thin if that was his only issue. 

I know it seems odd given my screen name and propensity to call it like I see it, which most of the time is, negative.

I used to be of the belief that Dan was unfairly treated by the media, he just wanted to win, spares no expense to win, on and on and on.  I would tango with folks on this very board about that many years ago under an old screen name.  However with enough time comes clarity.  Just as I’ve matured as a person, my fandom has matured as well.  I can’t just throw on the old burgundy and gold glasses and convince myself everything is awesome any longer.  In a way that sucks, because that’s what this stuff is supposed to be about.  In this age of immediate information overload, it’s much harder to ignore the billowing smoke from Ashburn.

I’ve resorted to compartmentalizing my fandom, reserving my positive thoughts and feelings to those deemed worthy.  Typically that’s for coaches and players that have nothing to do with the messes that Dan has created.  Often times they are also victim to the mess Dan created, so I have some sympathy there as well.  I’m not sure I can ever quit on the team altogether, but I’d be lying if I said that even in the glow of winning a Super Bowl, it wouldn’t still burn my ass to see doofy Dan hold up the trophy.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know it seems odd given my screen name and propensity to call it like I see it, which most of the time is, negative.

I used to be of the belief that Dan was unfairly treated by the media, he just wanted to win, spares no expense to win, on and on and on.  I would tango with folks on this very board about that many years ago under an old screen name.  However with enough time comes clarity.  Just as I’ve matured as a person, my fandom has matured as well.  I can’t just throw on the old burgundy and gold glasses and convince myself everything is awesome any longer.  In a way that sucks, because that’s what this stuff is supposed to be about.  In this age of immediate information overload, it’s much harder to ignore the billowing smoke from Ashburn.

I’ve resorted to compartmentalizing my fandom, reserving my positive thoughts and feelings to those deemed worthy.  Typically that’s for coaches and players that have nothing to do with the messes that Dan has created.  Often times they are also victim to the mess Dan created, so I have some sympathy there as well.  I’m not sure I can ever quit on the team altogether, but I’d be lying if I said that even in the glow of winning a Super Bowl, it wouldn’t still burn my ass to see doofy Dan hold up the trophy.

Great post...I waved the Dan Banner on this board forever. It wasn't until this summer when the allegations hit close to home that I had hit my limit and had to be an adult about these things. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJD2 said:

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get Red Panda too. And some halftime FG kicks for free Dominos pizza.

What is the difference?

I just quickly youtubed NBA dance team and they looked pretty much like cheerleaders to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJD2 said:

Halftime FG kicks would probably be pretty entertaining. 

2 hours ago, DJD2 said:

I dunno...the lakers dance team was pretty nice and had a ton of eye candy in the 80s. But they weren't co-ed, so there's that...