Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, method man said:

I kind of get the comp picks for hiring minorities thing as a means of fostering minority talent in an old boys club but 2 3rd round picks is way too excessive. It should be a single Day 3 pick

Actually, I think a 3rd round pick is fine.  It fosters development of minorities in coaching and front office/gm.  Making it a third round pick; shows the NFL is serious of developing that pipeline.  The team only gets a 3rd pick if a minority on their team is hired as coach or gm.   I hope the Team does the same thing.  Make Stokes assistant GM and hopefully if the future he gets a GM gig somewhere and we get picks for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


more a generic statement in the importance of getting/having that QB position established.

That can mean trade or draft both, then it sounds like.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, method man said:

I kind of get the comp picks for hiring minorities thing as a means of fostering minority talent in an old boys club but 2 3rd round picks is way too excessive. It should be a single Day 3 pick

Like making black history month the shortest, coldest month? (just a joke)

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Actually, I think a 3rd round pick is fine.  It fosters development of minorities in coaching and front office/gm.  Making it a third round pick; shows the NFL is serious of developing that pipeline.  The team only gets a 3rd pick if a minority on their team is hired as coach or gm.   I hope the Team does the same thing.  Make Stokes assistant GM and hopefully if the future he gets a GM gig somewhere and we get picks for it. 

With the way we've been hiring this past year, we could end up with our own 3rd round of picks. We're the model of diversifying an old white guy club with female and PoC hires all over the place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I would encourage anyone wanting to discuss this to create a thread other in the tailgate or Around the NFL since it is NFL related.  I think it’s a interesting discussion that many would have a view on.  Unfortunately I see too often the threads not be a discussion but rather a attempt to force one’s view on another and if they don’t conform they try to tear them down even if it means trying to take cheap shots. Such as earlier with the person trying to bring up a topic they knew nothing about but tried to use other posters for credibility to try to destroy my view. The topic had no relevance but they choose to resort to any means necessary to in their mind win or make their point.  The fact that multiple people liked and thought that was a appropriate way to respond honestly discourages me from wanting to be part of that thread though tbh. 

Yes, I'm concerned that any pushback will get overwhelmed with an avalanche of "bigot!!" type comments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ron is very direct.....that clarity and that communication helps everybody....Coming in, I know exactly what he wants....The opportunity to work for Ron, and just know what he's about not only as a football coach but as a person is going to be special to me," Hurney said. 

"Ron has always had the same philosophy. He is not only a great coach but he's an excellent evaluator and he has a great feel for the big picture," Hurney also mentioned. "It was not a surprise," to see the success in year one under Rivera. 

As for his new tag-team partner and make no mistake -- they both report to Rivera and in this case they're both essentially equals. 

"Just Martin's personality. We see things similarly," Hurney told Donaldson. "We work with people well. It's been such a natural fit."

While Hurney and Mayhew have never worked directly with each other in this role, they were both in the organization at the same time when Mayhew was a player in Washington and busy winning a Super Bowl.

 

Now?

 

"It's special to be back here in Washington,” Hurney said, “and working together and trying to win a Super Bowl."

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I would encourage anyone wanting to discuss this to create a thread other in the tailgate or Around the NFL since it is NFL related.  I think it’s a interesting discussion that many would have a view on.  Unfortunately I see too often the threads not be a discussion but rather a attempt to force one’s view on another and if they don’t conform they try to tear them down even if it means trying to take cheap shots. Such as earlier with the person trying to bring up a topic they knew nothing about but tried to use other posters for credibility to try to destroy my view. The topic had no relevance but they choose to resort to any means necessary to in their mind win or make their point.  The fact that multiple people liked and thought that was a appropriate way to respond honestly discourages me from wanting to be part of that thread though tbh. 

are we talking about me??...if not, can we stay on subject and talk about me??

12 hours ago, FuriousD said:

Was Mayhew one of Casserly's Plan-B acquisitions from '90-'91?? I can't remember..

good question...I can't remember when Martin became a Redskin...

18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Like making black history month the shortest, coldest month?

and WE give it an extra day every 4 years...no other month gets an extra day...jus sayin,,,

 

 

/FU Pope Gregory XIII...there I said it...it needed to be said Kool...

Edited by Stefanskins
FU Pope Gregory XIII...
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

 

Raiders or 9ers I saw on twitter.  Sad, I really like Smith.  I'll keep an eye on him and I hope he successful wherever he goes and builds a championship team.  Sad, if it was because he was tied to the Bruce regime RR is getting rid of him.  If that's it, that's not right, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

on the scouting side I get the sense that Gribble is the rising star there at least according to some, should be interesting to see if he survives

I'm thinking Stokes SIP.  He was interviewed for the GM position.  Just a guess.  :) Gribble is good and I'd be fine with that too.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

 

I'm thinking Stokes SIP.  He was interviewed for the GM position.  Just a guess.  :) Gribble is good and I'd be fine with that too.  :)

 

Stokes is another one.  But I believe Gribble was a big player in their recent drafts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...