Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I really hope something happens soon as a reaction to the WaPo articles. Snyder needs to have his feet held to the fire for some of those allegations. 

Nothing will happen to Danny boy. A big fine, loss of a draft pick is probably what you will get.

Nfl won’t do something to a fellow owner because that could be them.

Danny will die as Team owner. 

If one can’t stomach that; then one probably will have to decide if they can remain a fan. Dan will own this team for another 30 years probably.

• Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Nothing will happen to Danny boy. A big fine, loss of a draft pick is probably what you will get.

If one can’t stomach that; then one probably will have to decide if they can remain a fan. Dan will own this team for another 30 years probably.

Yup. The NFL is a cartel operated for the benefit of 32 guys and ol' Danny Boy is one of them. He's in "the Membership" as it's called. He's not going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Highly doubt we lose a draft pick. Football competition wasn't effected in any way, typically draft picks are taken away because of cheating or huge safety concerns like bountygate. Dan will own the team forever but he is his own worst enemy and it brings me joy knowing he'll never see the team win a superbowl. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

It seems strange that Snyder continues to ping pong back and forth. 

Apologize. Deny that anything happened. Take accountability for the culture. Blame the actions on others. I hope the women impacted by all the allegations get every last dime owed to them and that Snyder can't afford it when all is said and done. 

• Like 2
On 11/22/2020 at 1:15 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I assume Ron trusted Kyle on his assessment of the team. Making Ron think this team was better than it really was.

We are no better than last year and actually maybe worse.

Kyle is a holdover from the previous regime. He needs to go and let bring someone else in. Some who can objectively look at the team and see where we need to go from here.

Why in the world do people keep saying things like this. Rivera lowered expectations and called this an “evaluation season” early on, and then didn’t spend the majority of our FA dollars so that he could roll them forward after evaluating the younger players on the team. It seems to me he knew exactly how bad we were, there’s nothing except his in-season coach speak that indicates he thinks this was at any point a good roster capable of winning. He treated it as a long term project as soon as he got here. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why in the world do people keep saying things like this. Rivera lowered expectations and called this an “evaluation season” early on, and then didn’t spend the majority of our FA dollars so that he could roll them forward after evaluating the younger players on the team. It seems to me he knew exactly how bad we were, there’s nothing except his in-season coach speak that indicates he thinks this was at any point a good roster capable of winning. He treated it as a long term project as soon as he got here. 

Yep and considering the low cost FA shopping, which isn't easy to do, they did fantastic.  this might be the best FA crop since Gibbs year 1.  Usually when you shop in the bargain bin, you end up with lemons.  kyle hit it in year one in FA with bargain shopping no less. 

If we expect more hits than misses in the draft, every GM then sucks.  Because just batting 500 is killing it.  Parcells among others would say if you pull off 2-3 players in a draft that's a good one.  His drafts have been good IMO.  Better than Shanny.  Better than Cerrato/Scott Campbell.  I am not excited about trying someone new. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Then came the zinger. “Responding further, the court can take judicial notice of the huge array of negative publicity, hundreds if not thousands of publications relating to Plaintiff, including in many of the best-known newspapers … publicity that has nothing to do with the very specific allegation set forth in the Indian lawsuit.

Announcers Talking GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is this the right thread, to say "Kyle Smith rocks ! **** yeah !"

With this stellar FA class and all the gems in the draft we've been acquiring, he's more than proven enough for the GM position. It's time to give this man a raise!

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think what is frequently underdiscussed is how much better we perform in the second half of games on defense, especially in the third quarter. We have held our opponents to a maximum of one FG in 9 of our 11 games in the third quarter. We shut out our opponent in that quarter in 6 games. And in the two games where we allowed more than a FG we only allowed 1 TD. So on average we allow 2.34 points/third quarter.

This tells me that our coaching staff is making some really good half-time adjustments. Sure, we were trailing in a lot of the games and the opponent might have altered their play-calling due to that as well but usually you don't already take your foot of the gas directly after the half.

In the fourth quarter this trend somewhat continues. We have allowed 10 and 17 points to Arizona and the Browns in week 2 and 3 - the latter mostly due to the turnovers we had in that game - but outside of those two games we also only allowed two other opponents to score a TD in the 4th. On average we allow only 7.3 points in the second half.

Some of that is due to mostly being behind for sure but it is still astounding and refreshing when we remember how flat we always came out of the break under Gruden. Also we need to do something about the first half obviously:

Quarter Points allowed
1st 71
2nd 102
3rd 26
4th 54

I just wanted to point this out because some here like to talk about Philly's GM being cream of the crop

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/12/1/21754839/division-links-bgn-resigned-following-mnf-loss-btb-embraces-the-tank-bbv-focuses-on-qb-injury-status

Howie Roseman

I know we’ve sung this song a couple of times this season, but it is objectively hilarious to look at what Roseman’s rookie class has done this season. Reagor has been one of the worst wide receivers drafted in the first two rounds of a stellar WR class. Jalen Hurts had the most buzz he’s ever had in a week of preamble and played two snaps. Davion Taylor took a season-high number of snaps against the Browns, was bad, and was benched tonight. [BLG Note: Did have a nice special teams tackle, though!]

Louis Riddick laid in to Roseman on the broadcast, and rightfully so. There was certainly some self-interest there — Riddick was with the Eagles’ scouting department for six years (2008-2013), including four as their director of pro personnel (2010-2013), and has pretty openly hated Roseman since his firing. Riddick would love to take another spot in a new Philadelphia front office, and just seeing Roseman fired would be a good consolation prize.

But at the end of the day, when the roster lacks talent, it doesn’t matter exactly why the broadcaster is ripping on the general manager. The general manager failed.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just wanted to point this out because some here like to talk about Philly's GM being cream of the crop

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/12/1/21754839/division-links-bgn-resigned-following-mnf-loss-btb-embraces-the-tank-bbv-focuses-on-qb-injury-status

Howie Roseman

I know we’ve sung this song a couple of times this season, but it is objectively hilarious to look at what Roseman’s rookie class has done this season. Reagor has been one of the worst wide receivers drafted in the first two rounds of a stellar WR class. Jalen Hurts had the most buzz he’s ever had in a week of preamble and played two snaps. Davion Taylor took a season-high number of snaps against the Browns, was bad, and was benched tonight. [BLG Note: Did have a nice special teams tackle, though!]

Louis Riddick laid in to Roseman on the broadcast, and rightfully so. There was certainly some self-interest there — Riddick was with the Eagles’ scouting department for six years (2008-2013), including four as their director of pro personnel (2010-2013), and has pretty openly hated Roseman since his firing. Riddick would love to take another spot in a new Philadelphia front office, and just seeing Roseman fired would be a good consolation prize.

But at the end of the day, when the roster lacks talent, it doesn’t matter exactly why the broadcaster is ripping on the general manager. The general manager failed.

I am surrounded by a lot of Eagles fans so I sometimes listen on Mondays to their talk radio sports station WIP when they lose.  Eagles have old players now and they need

to fire Roseman just like we got rid of Allen.  Roseman and Allen are twin sons from different mothers.  Their lane is dealing with the cap and signing players.  They know nothing

about football or how to judge college players.  I knew as soon as Joe Douglas left the Eagles that Howie drafts were going to go south on him.  Doug Peterson is behaving 

like Jay Gruden.  He wants out because the front office is telling him if Wentz is bad he has to play the college quarterback Howie drafted.  Peterson can go to another team

and pair himself up with a General Manager he trusts.  The Eagles front office continues to make bad contracts and bad decisions.  Both teams have stubborn owners who

are afraid to make the tough decisions to let go of their awful General Managers.  What I admired about Jack Kent Cooke was that he was not afraid to make the really tough

decisions.  He did not worry if people liked him or not.  At 0-5 during Gibbs first year Joe was genuinely afraid of losing his job and his players thought he might be fired too

but they turned it around.  Then Cooke was the umpire when Gibbs and Bethard could not agree on any issue.  Cooke forced them to work together because if they could

not agree then Cooke made the final decision.  I hope the dysfunction with the Eagles and Cowboys front offices continues and we can rely on Kyle Smith and Riverboat Ron

to rebuild our team.  We are much younger now and not paying veteran clown receivers like Alshon Jeffreys millions of dollars to catch one pass per game.

I think that the organization has some good people in place now. 

I question the owner's motives which led to those people being there. I think if he wasn't running away from some very disturbing stories, you'd still have people like Bruce Allen and Larry Michael in the building. So, in spite of the owner, there are some people who seem to know what they're doing. 

However, I'm still extremely uncomfortable with how many fans are able to ignore or decide not to care about all the allegations about Snyder over the past 20 years. We should be demanding that he's removed, forced to sell, or charged with crimes. It's only a matter of time before another story breaks and more dirt has been dug up. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Howie Roseman

Philly had a good run clearly, made the playoffs in three of the last three years, in those 3 years 2 division titles and a SB run.   If we accomplished that we would think we are kings of the world even with a setback year afterward.  But the standards there are very high so they don't accept setback years lightly. This year their O line injuries and Wentz's odd regression which might be correlated to it has been a disaster where they are having a season like our club is used to but feels odd for them to experience considering their consistency over the years.   

Some say Roseman isn't really a personnel guy and is somewhat like how some described Bruce Allen (more of a business guy) who you mostly loved during his tenure here.  Some say otherwise.   Some say Joe Douglas was key to their drafting who is now gone since the summer of 2019. 

But I am not dancing on the Eagles graves after a bad season or in retrospect would rather have Bruce over Howie Roseman.   But thankfully Bruce is gone.  I think we are in good hands with Rivera and Kyle Smith and yep I'd go with those two over Howie Roseman. 

• Like 1

...In the end, though. the future of this franchise isn’t riding on a trip to the postseason or a next spring’s draft position. It’s riding on the results of the investigation that attorney Beth Wilkinson is conducting into the sexual harassment allegations inside the organization.

The Wilkinson report could be this generation of Washington Football fans’ version of the Lombardi Trophy.

Wilkinson’s report, which could surface any day, will go a long way toward determining the next 50 years for the franchise, including whether the team plays in the District, Maryland or Virginia.

“Any stadium talks are on hold,” one District political insider told me. “We don’t know who will own the team.”

A new owner would likely energize the stadium location conversation, even though there would remain significant hurdles. After all, Jack Kent Cooke had three Super Bowls in his pocket, and, after failing to get a new stadium in the District and northern Virginia, wound up where the team plays now in Lanham.

• Thanks 1