Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I think it would be prudent for the NFL to suspend as their investigation is on-going. I understand "innocent until proven guilty" but there are two differences:

 

1) This isn't a court of law, so that's not a governing policy

2) This isn't one rogue ex-employee...there is a lot of smoke here so it's more credible and doesn't set a bad precedent in my opinion 

 

I'm mildly surprised they haven't suspended him, given the sheer number of complaints. But then again, it's Goodell and the Good Ol' Boys so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Riggo#44 said:

 

I'm mildly surprised they haven't suspended him, given the sheer number of complaints. But then again, it's Goodell and the Good Ol' Boys so...

 

I am too...we've seen plenty of times when this much volume usually means there's something there (Epstein, Cosby, Weinstein). Granted, in fairness that doesn't mean that Snyder is guilty. But I think there's enough there to put him on the shelf while they determine what happened. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I am too...we've seen plenty of times when this much volume usually means there's something there (Epstein, Cosby, Weinstein). Granted, in fairness that doesn't mean that Snyder is guilty. But I think there's enough there to put him on the shelf while they determine what happened. 

 

They should've definitely suspended him when they took over the investigation. Since they didn't, I don't think that's in the cards anymore until the investigation is over. 

 

My hunch is that the NFL gets back a report that basically says, "Look, we have some very damning, credible stories from a lot of people regarding the culture there over dan's tenure. As far as the videos go, we have reason to believe it's possible he had something to do with their creation, but that will ultimately have to be decided by the trials that are going to be forthcoming, which could yield new information that we weren't able to. And that will be very public."

 

At that point, it seems to me that anyone with any sense at all would THEN suspend the guy as part of the punishment for what the NFL investigation DID uncover and also to shield themselves from more bad PR until the trials conclude. Hoping against hope we'll get even more than that as a result of the NFL investigation, but I'm not banking on it. More than likely, will be awhile yet. All the more reason for the league to get the guy out of the way until we get more answers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

 

They should've definitely suspended him when they took over the investigation. Since they didn't, I don't think that's in the cards anymore until the investigation is over. 

 

My hunch is that the NFL gets back a report that basically says, "Look, we have some very damning, credible stories from a lot of people regarding the culture there over dan's tenure. As far as the videos go, we have reason to believe it's possible he had something to do with their creation, but that will ultimately have to be decided by the trials that are going to be forthcoming, which could yield new information that we weren't able to. And that will be very public."

 

At that point, it seems to me that anyone with any sense at all would THEN suspend the guy as part of the punishment for what the NFL investigation DID uncover and also to shield themselves from more bad PR until the trials conclude. Hoping against hope we'll get even more than that as a result of the NFL investigation, but I'm not banking on it. More than likely, will be awhile yet. All the more reason for the league to get the guy out of the way until we get more answers. 

 

I would hope that a suspension is still in play, but you're right...if they haven't done it yet what are they waiting for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

I would hope that a suspension is still in play, but you're right...if they haven't done it yet what are they waiting for?

 

At this point, they're going to let the NFL investigation conclude and then they'll base a decision on suspension or not on what the report concludes. Imagine that would be wrapping up over the next few weeks. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now...

 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but I wonder if the league told the Snyder's... or the Cardinals told the Snyders... that they didn't want them in their stadium and the cover was negative test covid exposure.

 

But, I also wonder if I can invent chicken wings with edible bones sometimes... so...

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Now...

 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but I wonder if the league told the Snyder's... or the Cardinals told the Snyders... that they didn't want them in their stadium and the cover was negative test covid exposure.

 

But, I also wonder if I can invent chicken wings with edible bones sometimes... so...

 

I thought about that too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But, I also wonder if I can invent chicken wings with edible bones sometimes... so...

 

Or you could take the easy route and just lose the bones altogether... Which is already a thing...

 

 

 

The sweep under the rug playbook is wide open right now. I'd be kind of surprised if we didn't hear something about (X) in the next 2 days:

 

-Something about team name. Something that causes speculation

-Rivera's cancer treatment going great

-New Stadium deets (It might have a moat again!!)

-Fan Attendance

-trade rumor or link (Robinson-CHI)

 

Something stupid or non-consequential.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Now...

 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but I wonder if the league told the Snyder's... or the Cardinals told the Snyders... that they didn't want them in their stadium and the cover was negative test covid exposure.

 

But, I also wonder if I can invent chicken wings with edible bones sometimes... so...

 

Interestingly, one of the people implicated in the creation of one of the videos - who denied it in the Post article - currently works for the Cardinals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Now...

 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but I wonder if the league told the Snyder's... or the Cardinals told the Snyders... that they didn't want them in their stadium and the cover was negative test covid exposure.

 

But, I also wonder if I can invent chicken wings with edible bones sometimes... so...

 

 

This will put me in the minority which is nothing new but you folks can have your wing drummettes.

 

For me the best wing piece is the flat piece with two bones that when properly cooked can easily be twisted and removed without disturbing either the crispy skin or succulent untouched flesh waiting below. Now made defenseless and ready to be shamelessly ravaged  with no worry of teeth banging into bone.

 

Bone in chicken thighs are also the best piece for barbecuing. Juicy and tender with bite through skin seasoned up plain or with homemade sauce glazed on for a few minutes prior to serving.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
Link to post
Share on other sites

For a suspension to have any effect beyond PR value, it'd have to be long like the one given to George Steinbrenner. Prohibiting any contact or decisionmaking with the team for two years might allow the positive changes we're seeing actually take root.

 

Of course, Danny could come back and fire everyone, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, profusion said:

For a suspension to have any effect beyond PR value, it'd have to be long like the one given to George Steinbrenner. Prohibiting any contact or decisionmaking with the team for two years might allow the positive changes we're seeing actually take root.

 

Of course, Danny could come back and fire everyone, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I agree with your first point...make it a useful suspension. On the second point, hopefully he never comes back to make a decision once all is flushed out.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably has a lot to do with the name change. I browse Facebook Marketplace on the daily and the amount of Redskins paraphernalia shot up after the name change announcement. I think for a lot of long time fans, especially older ones(speculation), that was the last straw. Probably lost a lot of female viewers with all the sexual harassment allegations also. 

 

20 + years of mediocrity. New coaching staff. Unproven starting QB. No offense. Constant distractions. Name change.

 

This isn't sustainable for any franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It might just be that people are checking out on the bad teams, I think league wide ratings are down 3% and for example the Giants had a 7.4 share and the Jets a 3.9 so our 16.5 doesn't look as bad but it will probably get worse as we rack up the losses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

It might just be that people are checking out on the bad teams, I think league wide ratings are down 3% and for example the Giants had a 7.4 share and the Jets a 3.9 so our 16.5 doesn't look as bad but it will probably get worse as we rack up the losses.

I think the thing that will keep people interested is Chase Young--especially if he keeps this up. He is as good, if not better, than advertsied.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are also in the middle of a "sports equinox"

 

Multiple other leagues are going on right now, and that draws viewers.

It will be more concerning if this trend continues once the NBA and NHL end. There are only so many viewers, and there is a whole lot of sources pulling eyeballs right now.

 

Zombies don't need an equinox for that tho. I've had the ability to pull my eyeballs since before it was cool. (Zombie Pun)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

It probably has a lot to do with the name change. I browse Facebook Marketplace on the daily and the amount of Redskins paraphernalia shot up after the name change announcement. I think for a lot of long time fans, especially older ones(speculation), that was the last straw. Probably lost a lot of female viewers with all the sexual harassment allegations also. 

 

20 + years of mediocrity. New coaching staff. Unproven starting QB. No offense. Constant distractions. Name change.

 

This isn't sustainable for any franchise.

 

I'm only one person but I've been a Redskin fan since '71 and I can confirm your speculation in my case.  Haven't watched one down live this year.  Simply no interest.  Was flipping channels last evening and stumbled on that WFT Rewind broadcast of Sunday's game.  I tried to watch but after 3 plays I said to myself, "This just isn't my team anymore."

 

Sad realization but it is a fact.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...