Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I will say this also, and then let it rest, because I don’t like that I have been forced into a position of defending Dan Snyder. He deserves a lot of criticism.   
 

Joe Gibbs always speaks highly of him.  Joe Gibbs helped him hire Rivera last Winter.


I doubt anybody here wants to question Joe Gibbs integrity.


not questioning his integrity but he’s a loyal company guy. He’s not going to rock the boat of a franchise he loves so I doubt he’d ever say anything bad about Snyder 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

 

I'm not going to question the man's integrity, but I am definitely questioning his instincts and ability to smell a rat. 

 

Quite frankly, the consistent praise Gibbs has given Snyder over the years - despite the results, the drama, the scandals, etc. - has disappointed me. Makes it seem like he's simply out of touch with reality or else easily hoodwinked by a different side of Snyder that's shown to very few others. 

 

 


First paragraph, that’s absolutely fair.

 

Second paragraph...perhaps... but Gibbs builds winners everywhere he goes.  You don’t get to accomplish all he’s accomplished in his life to include NASCAR without being able to smell bull****.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Because his conduct in the workplace under this old regime was horrendous, he was part of this problem. So it's in his best interest to stay on the team's good side. Both specifically in regards to being exposed in a potential story like this, and for his future job prospects. 


this seems fairly obvious but people would rather believe he just did this out of the goodness of his poor broken heart upon seeing the shining beacon of virtue that is Snyder being besmirched lol 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

 

Read the entire article, after everything that happened this is so strange to me that this man would take time out of his day to defend Dan (and to a lesser extent Bruce).  Why not just stay quiet?  Very strange

 


Maybe he’s just telling the truth. Or at least simply presenting an honest portrayal of how he personally views these people and his experiences with them. 
 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Isn't Scot the dude that most likely slept with a reporter? Forgive me if his word is tainted.


Bibbs and Gruden shared the same side piece but he’s not tainted? Lol 

Edited by Painkiller
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I want to chime in on in general: the theory that Dan HAD to know about this. That’s really not necessarily true at all. 
 

I am the owner of a business and also act as the GM. At every quarterly staff meeting I always at least review personal conduct policies. One thing we reiterate over and over is that any indiscretions need to be reported and we inform them of where they need to be reported. 
 

I vet my managers and stay in close contact with them, but I also give them freedom to do their jobs and I am not with them very often when they are dealing with their employees. I absolutely do my best to set the proper tone, but unless I’m notified of something, it’s possible I wouldn’t know. My company is much smaller than a pro football team... it’s entirely possible that Dan was rarely even in the same building with these employees— especially entry level employees. He obviously had interactions with the accused employees, but I bet he was rarely with the accused when they were ALSO around those other employees. 
 

What’s most important in this situation is what an owner does once things come to the light. I believed Mark Cuban when he said he didn’t know what was going on with the Mavs harassment situation. I think his surprise was genuine. As was his embarrassment. No idea if he has done what needed to be done to clean up the issues moving forward, you’d have to be there to know. But to me, that’s what is important. 
 

Now, one thing that might be a very deserved criticism is if Snyder didn’t have anything in place to help fend this off in general. If the HR department or response protocol wasn’t equipped or if employees weren’t sure where to voice their issues, then that’s an issue for which he must take legit criticism/blame. And he should. But that differs from knowing and doing nothing. 
 

I would like nothing more than for Snyder to no longer be the owner. But I also want it to be for fair/legit reasons. As frustrating as it is I’ve yet to hear anything that would lead me to the conclusion that Snyder has crossed lines that should forcibly cost him the franchise.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to believe that he didn’t know or didn’t hear whispers or rumors even during the time he was in the office over 15 years. That’s just hard to fathom. And if he heard rumors he didn’t follow up on them. 
 

regardless, the buck stops with him. He is the head of the franchise, he sets the tone and the expectations. He put the people in the place that either did this or hired the people that did. He is has responsibility for this and has yet to really accept that but instead made it clear priority number one is saying “hey don’t blame me” 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I find it hard to believe that he didn’t know or didn’t hear whispers or rumors even during the time he was in the office over 15 years. That’s just hard to fathom. And if he heard rumors he didn’t follow up on them. 
 

regardless, the buck stops with him. He is the head of the franchise, he sets the tone and the expectations. He put the people in the place that either did this or hired the people that did. He is has responsibility for this and has yet to really accept that but instead made it clear priority number one is saying “hey don’t blame me” 


Dudes that do this type of stuff can be pretty sly about it. They are much more likely to pick spots where they are closer to a one on one situation. Again, doesn’t sound like Dan is around the non-football offices/practice field very often at all. The impression I’ve always gotten is that he was with Bruce and sometimes the coaches for things like the draft and that’s it. I also think it’s telling that some of the more damning accusations from the accusers came via texts; a lot of this was happening outside the actual offices with the accused contacting them “off the clock.” 
 

As I’ve said before, take Dan out of this entirely and use someone else— Mark Cuban is considered a serious hands-on owner and a very progressive one at that. Mavs have a strong rep for treating employees well. And this happened to him/them. And it happened in more blatant fashion with an exec higher up the chain. There were never calls for Cuban to sell the Mavs as a result. He admitted embarrassment while maintaining he had no clue and that he acted as soon as he was informed. He says they cleaned up their protocols for such matters, got

rid of the accused, and that was that. I expect the same thing to happen here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

 

I'm not going to question the man's integrity, but I am definitely questioning his instincts and ability to smell a rat. 

 

Quite frankly, the consistent praise Gibbs has given Snyder over the years - despite the results, the drama, the scandals, etc. - has disappointed me. Makes it seem like he's simply out of touch with reality or else easily hoodwinked by a different side of Snyder that's shown to very few others. 

 

 


I think Gibbs knows he has more influence to help make positive things happen (like hiring Rivera) if he keeps Snyder as a friend rather than an enemy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I find it hard to believe that he didn’t know or didn’t hear whispers or rumors even during the time he was in the office over 15 years. That’s just hard to fathom. And if he heard rumors he didn’t follow up on them. 
 

regardless, the buck stops with him. He is the head of the franchise, he sets the tone and the expectations. He put the people in the place that either did this or hired the people that did. He is has responsibility for this and has yet to really accept that but instead made it clear priority number one is saying “hey don’t blame me” 

 

 

As someone mentioned, that might be at the direction of his attorneys, who tend to not like their clients admitting guilt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kleese said:

One thing I want to chime in on in general: the theory that Dan HAD to know about this. That’s really not necessarily true at all. 
 

I am the owner of a business and also act as the GM. At every quarterly staff meeting I always at least review personal conduct policies. One thing we reiterate over and over is that any indiscretions need to be reported and we inform them of where they need to be reported. 
 

I vet my managers and stay in close contact with them, but I also give them freedom to do their jobs and I am not with them very often when they are dealing with their employees. I absolutely do my best to set the proper tone, but unless I’m notified of something, it’s possible I wouldn’t know. My company is much smaller than a pro football team... it’s entirely possible that Dan was rarely even in the same building with these employees— especially entry level employees. He obviously had interactions with the accused employees, but I bet he was rarely with the accused when they were ALSO around those other employees. 
 

What’s most important in this situation is what an owner does once things come to the light. I believed Mark Cuban when he said he didn’t know what was going on with the Mavs harassment situation. I think his surprise was genuine. As was his embarrassment. No idea if he has done what needed to be done to clean up the issues moving forward, you’d have to be there to know. But to me, that’s what is important. 
 

Now, one thing that might be a very deserved criticism is if Snyder didn’t have anything in place to help fend this off in general. If the HR department or response protocol wasn’t equipped or if employees weren’t sure where to voice their issues, then that’s an issue for which he must take legit criticism/blame. And he should. But that differs from knowing and doing nothing. 
 

I would like nothing more than for Snyder to no longer be the owner. But I also want it to be for fair/legit reasons. As frustrating as it is I’ve yet to hear anything that would lead me to the conclusion that Snyder has crossed lines that should forcibly cost him the franchise.  

 

Look if Dan didn't know, then he's just too stupid to be the owner of an NFL team. If he can't observe obvious problems which were happening, I don't see how anyone thinks things will ever change. I'm leaning heavily that he knew and jumped on this immediately. How dumb do you have to be to have a transparent plexiglass staircase at your work facility with women walking up and down it? It's either because that was planned, or its incompetence at its finest level. 

 

Quote

Lined at the top with transparent plexiglass, the stairs descend from the lobby to the locker room and training area, and someone standing at the bottom can look up the skirt of a woman standing at the top.

One former female member of the executive staff learned this lesson early in her tenure, she said, when she looked down to see a male trainer, two floors down, staring right back up, walking step for step with her.

“He even leaned to get a better angle,” the woman said. “He wasn’t even trying to hide it.”

 

Women were demanded to wear revealing clothing as well? Too many things add up to me that Dan knew about this culture and enabled it. The closest people in his inner circle talked like they did to women, and Dan didn't get any "locker room" talk from his closest buddies at work? I can't buy what you're selling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Kleese knows what he’s talking about.  

 

Sure, he knows exactly what Snyder knows or doesn't know :rolleyes:  

 

His business (Kleese) is not an NFL franchise, therefore, it's irrelevant.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Women were demanded to wear revealing clothing as well? Too many things add up to me that Dan knew about this culture and enabled it. The closest people in his inner circle talked like they did to women, and Dan didn't get any "locker room" talk from his closest buddies at work? I can't buy what you're selling. 


word gets out. When women are openly and regularly crying at their desk, people see that and talk. 
 

we aren’t stupid, though many expect us to be 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


word gets out. When women are openly and regularly crying at their desk, people see that and talk. 
 

we aren’t stupid, though many expect us to be 

The more I read it, the more obvious it looks like there were constraints put in place to suppress things. The Redskins should have had about five, maybe even six HR employees. One with no reporting process? How do you do that honestly, I'm sure Snyder has taken a Business Management class. That whole part doesn't sit well with me at all. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He knew this was going on since 2018 at the latest. Now it's 2 years later and everyone in his inner circle is named in the report, and he knee jerk fired them and allowed one to retire. Really dude? Every, single, one of his boys, besides Bruce, were being creepy and you're just oblivious, even after the cheerleader report came out. Okay.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Sure, he knows exactly what Snyder knows or doesn't know :rolleyes:  

 

His business (Kleese) is not an NFL franchise, therefore, it's irrelevant.  


I don’t know what Snyder does or doesn’t know. What I am illustrating is that it’s entirely possible to NOT know—especially in a structure like that where the owner is probably almost never interacting with the female accusers. It doesn’t sound like this stuff was happening in high level meetings, but more in passing, during casual convos, and off site. The accused were likely on their “best behavior” around the boss. 

Now, let’s assume he legit did not know. The question becomes SHOULD he have known? Well, if it was a long pattern I think the answer to that question is probably,

yes. Again, much like Cuban and the Mavs. Adamant he didn’t know but admitted he probably should have known. Both are worthy of blame and criticism but one is worse than the other. One is worthy of removal. The other is worthy of public embarrassment, an apology, some penalties, and a realization that if it happens again under your watch the penalties will be much more severe next time. I think in the case of both the Mavs and Redskins, the latter is appropriate. 

 

Edited by kleese
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kleese said:


I don’t know what Snyder does or doesn’t know. What I am illustrating is that it’s entirely possible to NOT know—especially in a structure like that where the owner is probably almost never interacting with the female accusers. It doesn’t sound like this stuff was happening in high level meetings, but more in passing, during casual convos, and off site. The accused were likely on their “best behavior” around the boss. 
 

 

 

Ok Danny Jr.  message received.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kleese said:


I don’t know what Snyder does or doesn’t know. What I am illustrating is that it’s entirely possible to NOT know—especially in a structure like that where the owner is probably almost never interacting with the female accusers. It doesn’t sound like this stuff was happening in high level meetings, but more in passing, during casual convos, and off site. The accused were likely on their “best behavior” around the boss. 
 

 

It's possible to not know, but it is HIGHLY unlikely. If nothing is concrete, then you can't take leadership down, but red flags are all over the place. I'm not going to defend that small chance he wouldn't know over the big chance that he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's possible to not know, but it is HIGHLY unlikely. If nothing is concrete, then you can't take leadership down, but red flags are all over the place. I'm not going to defend that small chance he wouldn't know over the big chance that he does.


Well, I guess we just disagree there. I think it’s entirely possible Snyder had no idea Alex Santos was sending inappropriate texts to

those women. I am also making an assumption based on all that we know about his comings and goings that Dan was rarely, if ever in the same place at the same time with these people. If anything I’d say Dan’s reputation as a terrible boss and all that we know about him make it even more probable this could go on without his knowledge. 
 

And if you agree that the Post article isn’t enough to take Dan down, then we agree here anyway. 

Edited by kleese
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...