Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Ron IS a beacon of light. But so was every other reputable coach before him. I have very little faith that this will work long-term. Once Rivera is gone, there's no guarantee this organization won't revert back to its old ways, as long as Snyder is at the helm.

 

Eh, I dunno.  Jay was just a guy.  Shanny was a football coach, kinda old school in the sense that I don't think he really cared much about anything else.  I don't think he cared about front office politics, I don't think he would have cared about anything like this...not that he wasn't a good person, but I think he would have viewed this a something that shouldn't fall under his purview.  Uh...who was before Shanny...Zorn?  Let's move on.

 

Rivera seems to be a guy who "gets it."  I think he understands that everyone from top to bottom has to be on the same page and has to do right.  Maybe we're still in the honeymoon phase here, but let's just see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I'm hoping Ron is a beacon of light.  

 

I believe he is. No nonsense, fair, business-like, straight-shooter that everyone knows where they stand. There is an accountability with him. I believe he is exactly what the organization needs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Collar Skins said:

 

I believe he is. No nonsense, fair, business-like, straight-shooter that everyone knows where they stand. There is an accountability with him. I believe he is exactly what the organization needs.

 

I agree.  Though Dan ultimately seem to neuter people like that.    But I do think Rivera to a degree will bring some needed class and integrity to the organization.  

 

But it would be much easier for him to turn this franchise around without an albatross like Dan.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Rivera seems to be a guy who "gets it."  I think he understands that everyone from top to bottom has to be on the same page and has to do right.  Maybe we're still in the honeymoon phase here, but let's just see what happens.

 

Great. Where's Dan's track record of giving headcoaches more than 12-18 months of a leash before he starts meddling?

 

Cool, Rivera, our head coach, is being asked to clean up a culture, run an ENTIRE organization (business and football) ... wtf man. No.

 

The NFL literally gave the team a business-man straight from the league to clean things up. He was fired within a year. Give me a break.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Listen to this, to understand why this is a big deal. You know from what she says that she has experienced this **** as well. The NFL needs to have no tolerance policy here.

 

 

 

 

This makes that earlier blurb I posted about Ron Rivera sound even worse 😐

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I agree.  Though Dan ultimately seem to neuter people like that.    But I do think Rivera to a degree will bring some needed class and integrity to the organization.  

 

But it would be much easier for him to turn this franchise around without an albatross like Dan.  

 

I think you are definitely right. I think Dan stepped back when it came to Gibbs II and I am HOPING that Dan will now do the same with Rivera. Let Rivera salvage our organization!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it really speaks to the male authority figures at the Park during that time.  That Elle Duncan clip was dead on. And she went a step further bringing the players into it. But doesn't sound like anybody stood up for these women.  Like, nobody.  And if the women are having separate meetings just to talk about it, you can't tell me the men in authority weren't aware their colleagues were out here behaving this way.  Even a guy like Schaeffer, who seemingly is a good guy, didn't get away unscathed.  He worked there for 17 years, at a high level for much of it, he definitely knows some dirt. 

 

And I'm not saying everybody had to quit in protest every time they heard a story. Not at all.  But women were being tormented in that damn place.  I would LOVE to hear Lafemina's take on this. The sales and marketing department was his domain.  He came in long after the fact after the culture was already established, but he was in charge for a year, so what did he see, what does he know, who did he tell, and what did he do about any of it.  He left, and a lot of people went with him, I wonder how many of those people were sources for this story. 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Collar Skins said:

 

I think you are definitely right. I think Dan stepped back when it came to Gibbs II and I am HOPING that Dan will now do the same with Rivera. Let Rivera salvage our organization!

 

He is quite literally incapable. 20 years of evidence. Aint happening.

 

Like I said, unless Snyder sells, this team is going to continue to be a joke. And I guess the NFL is cool with the absolute trashing of a once prideful franchise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Califan007 said:
 

 

I had wondered about whether or not more articles from more NFL teams would start to surface, kind of like how there were multiple teams that had cheerleader controversies. For me, there is probably a bigger issue at play than the Redskins and/or Snyder. I mean, you hope it's more isolated, even if it applies a temprorary stink on the team at least we can say it's not league wide and just accepted. But another part of knows better, and pretty much always has but didn't put it at the forefront of my thoughts until now.

 

 

Sadly...based on how this was built WAY up and getting very little WOW factor now...probably not many others will come forward. I think its very much known this happens in the sports world....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

He is quite literally incapable. 20 years of evidence. Aint happening.

 

Like I said, unless Snyder sells, this team is going to continue to be a joke. And I guess the NFL is cool with the absolute trashing of a once prideful franchise.

 

Hopefully not! I hope that the NFL puts in place a set of guidelines and hopefully that Dan needs to stay out of the building and operations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

 

You don't "make it right" by firing 2 employees and letting one quietly retire when you know a damaging story about the garbage organization is going to drop exposing these creeps...you do it when they are accused after a thorough investigation.  A formal complaint and internal investigation was done on Santos in 2019.  It's very telling that last week was the time they chose to fire him.  "Making it right" by compensating an employee leaving the company but also making them sign an NDA...means Snyder knew.  

 

No one is actively rooting to have more victims.  No one takes pleasure in reading what these women went through.  But if you think that the only men in that organization were doing this were the only ones named in the WaPo story, there's a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you.  

 

And the NFL did take over the investigation into the Carolina Panthers...which didn't have anything to do with rules violations.

 

Yes (1) formal complaint and yes an investigation, nothing happens over night, neither the wrong doing nor the investigation or the results of it. Had they been fired (6) months ago or tomorrow there are always people that say or think it’s a result of it being made public or the fear it may someday. There just isn’t a right time for any of this, do it to fast without getting the information together and the employee sues, do it to slow and maybe the accuser sues. Let it drag out and you find yourself in the court of public opinion.Neither I nor most anyone will likely see the paper trail that lead to this point so all we can hope is that they were doing the right thing with this from the moment it was discovered.

 

i agree that Mr. Snyder would know of the nondisclosure that the former employees would have to sign but with that said nondisclosure agreements are 100% required for ALL settlements. 

 

These things take take time to evolve and conclude, I seriously doubt there was any conspiracy to hide these issues from the public as these are not required to be made public. Any business would for obvious reasons want to keep poor/ horrible behavior from being publicly revealed. The companies that have these issues are in an indefensible position, you can’t defend yourself and policies without somehow looking like you are being disparaging against the accuser. It’s a tough place for a buisness to be, the accused are the ones guilty of the behavior not the buisness itself or the Owner in most cases. The buisness’ must protect itself from legal actions while also accommodating the victims and punishing the guilty party. None of this is best done in the public eye , there are no winners in these situations. The company doesn’t win, the victims don’t win, nobody wins unless you consider the large portion of the public’s angst is now focused on the buisness instead of the ones who actually  committed these disgusting acts. Maybe the former employees should be the focus and not the company. Yawl want someone to lynch focus on the perpetrators. 

 

You do have a good point about there may have been others, I would bet that even the slightest appearance of impropriety will be dealt with swiftly. I would assume everyone employed with the Redskins understands that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

 

I believe he is. No nonsense, fair, business-like, straight-shooter that everyone knows where they stand. There is an accountability with him. I believe he is exactly what the organization needs.

The problem is the organization needs more of this than Ron can offer.  I'm sure he's doing his part to add pieces that fall in line with who he is.  But at the end of the day, he's already had way more put on his plate than any head coach needs.  This isn't the first time we've seen this here, not just at head coach but the FO in general.  There is a reason why folks leave here worse than they showed up and it's not just about the W-L record.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

 

Hopefully not! I hope that the NFL puts in place a set of guidelines and hopefully that Dan needs to stay out of the building and operations!

 

Not sure how that happens. I interned for NBC4 in 2006. I spend a couple days at training camp. Was a dream come true. I specficically remember being told, when helping to shoot the hit from the balcony overlooking training camp with Sonny, George, etc. not to make too much noise. Everyone was whispering. It was outside of Dan's blacked out corner office, and everyone was whispering, from Sonny to George, not to piss off Dan.

 

This was 2006. The owner sat in his corner office and had a reputation for barking at people who got in his way. That experience was eye-opening for me. It was my first view into a toxic environment that was pervasive throughout the building, and that was DURING Gibbs 2.0.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Great. Where's Dan's track record of giving headcoaches more than 12-18 months of a leash before he starts meddling?

 

Cool, Rivera, our head coach, is being asked to clean up a culture, run an ENTIRE organization (business and football) ... wtf man. No.

 

The NFL literally gave the team a business-man straight from the league to clean things up. He was fired within a year. Give me a break.

 

Well, what would you prefer?  Another lapdog like Jay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Well, what would you prefer?  Another lapdog like Jay?

 

New ownership. Pretty simple.

 

I really don't think you all are understanding how truly toxic that building is. Everyone that has ever worked there leaves there disgusted. It all starts from the top. Always has. Bruce and Jay may have been the big pushers of the culture over the last 5-6 years, but to think it was anywhere near normal before that, psh.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

The #FireBruceAllen hashtag seemed to bring us good mojo. Maybe it's time to finally come up with one that gets to the absolute root of the team's problem.. 

 

#RemoveDanSnyder

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Sadly...based on how this was built WAY up and getting very little WOW factor now...probably not many others will come forward. I think its very much known this happens in the sports world....

You HOPE not many others will come forward, because you wear the cape for these guys regularly, and refuse to just admit that these guys are scum (without adding a disclaimer that 'everyone else is too').  If you would just look at the last page of posts, one of the writers of the article flat-out said he's been bombarded with texts and e-mails since this came out.  More is definitely going to come out.  More that I'm sure you'll determine is 'piling on'.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

New ownership. Pretty simple.

 

I really don't think you all are understanding how truly toxic that building is. Everyone that has ever worked there leaves there disgusted. It all starts from the top. Always has. Bruce and Jay may have been the big pushers of the culture over the last 5-6 years, but to think it was anywhere near normal before that, psh.

 

Well, yeah, we'd all prefer new ownership, that's the biggest "no duh" statement anyone could make.  But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.  I'd love to be wrong, but I get a feeling that I'm not.

 

I'm pretty sure we're all well aware of how toxic that building is, the article yesterday was more evidence of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

 

Yes (1) formal complaint and yes an investigation, nothing happens over night, neither the wrong doing nor the investigation or the results of it. Had they been fired (6) months ago or tomorrow there are always people that say or think it’s a result of it being made public or the fear it may someday. There just isn’t a right time for any of this, do it to fast without getting the information together and the employee sues, do it to slow and maybe the accuser sues. Let it drag out and you find yourself in the court of public opinion.Neither I nor most anyone will likely see the paper trail that lead to this point so all we can hope is that they were doing the right thing with this from the moment it was discovered.

 

i agree that Mr. Snyder would know of the nondisclosure that the former employees would have to sign but with that said nondisclosure agreements are 100% required for ALL settlements. 

 

These things take take time to evolve and conclude, I seriously doubt there was any conspiracy to hide these issues from the public as these are not required to be made public. Any business would for obvious reasons want to keep poor/ horrible behavior from being publicly revealed. The companies that have these issues are in an indefensible position, you can’t defend yourself and policies without somehow looking like you are being disparaging against the accuser. It’s a tough place for a buisness to be, the accused are the ones guilty of the behavior not the buisness itself or the Owner in most cases. The buisness’ must protect itself from legal actions while also accommodating the victims and punishing the guilty party. None of this is best done in the public eye , there are no winners in these situations. The company doesn’t win, the victims don’t win, nobody wins unless you consider the large portion of the public’s angst is now focused on the buisness instead of the ones who actually  committed these disgusting acts. Maybe the former employees should be the focus and not the company. Yawl want someone to lynch focus on the perpetrators. 

 

You do have a good point about there may have been others, I would bet that even the slightest appearance of impropriety will be dealt with swiftly. I would assume everyone employed with the Redskins understands 

Do you think Snyder could be punished because he knew the circumstances surrounding the NDAs and didn't take action to fire those involved at the time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Well, yeah, we'd all prefer new ownership, that's the biggest "no duh" statement anyone could make.  But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.  I'd love to be wrong, but I get a feeling that I'm not.

 

I'm pretty sure we're all well aware of how toxic that building is, the article yesterday was more evidence of it.  

 

My point is, if the fear here is that Snyder won't sell, then we need to do more.

 

Fans just clammering back because Rivera are only going to make this worse, because it allow Dan to get away with it and for this cycle to be perpetual.

 

There's really no scenario where I see myself coming back with Snyder as owner. I've never been able to "adopt" another team, so I might just go full-time fantasy football fan.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Listen to this, to understand why this is a big deal. You know from what she says that she has experienced this **** as well. The NFL needs to have no tolerance policy here.

 

 

 

Who is Elle Duncan, and when did she work for the team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

My point is, if the fear here is that Snyder won't sell, then we need to do more.

 

Fans just clammering back because Rivera are only going to make this worse, because it allow Dan to get away with it and for this cycle to be perpetual.

 

There's really no scenario where I see myself coming back with Snyder as owner. I've never been able to "adopt" another team, so I might just go full-time fantasy football fan.

 

Well, I think we've been doing more.  Snyder has done his best to kill this fanbase, little by little over the years.  It's a very slow chokehold.  But look at the declining attendance numbers.  It wasn't going to all happen at once, but it's happening.  Unfortunately it's all related due to the product on the field, I don't think anyone read that article yesterday and was like "Oh, sexual harassment? THAT'S the final straw, no more Washington football team for me!"  But maybe that article does help shine a light, maybe it does help push Snyder out the door.  I don't think he will be gone tomorrow but it does help apply pressure.  And that's what's needed.

 

 

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

 

Who is Elle Duncan, and when did she work for the team?

 

https://bfy.tw/OWrC 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...