Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

 

He is a leader in this organization, needs to shut the hell up and focus on coaching & leading. Not spending time on twitter

 

We all need to have very high standards for leaders of this team. The amount of time he has spent on twitter, talking about things other then football, is ridiculous. 

If he wasn't a leader on the team would anybody give to ****in ****s? no they ****in wouldn't...maybe he gets told to stay off social media but for him to retire is stupid as ****..yeah cause we all know what the folks in the locker room are thinking

Link to post
Share on other sites

well, whatever the bad news is, the good thing is that all of this has been isolated in the off-season. This is the best time for drama and turmoil. It keeps us fans busy with football news and it lets the team iron out the problems before concentrating solely on the product on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

 

He is a leader in this organization, needs to shut the hell up and focus on coaching & leading. Not spending time on twitter

 

We all need to have very high standards for leaders of this team. The amount of time he has spent on twitter, talking about things other then football, is ridiculous. 

 

But I'm sure you cool with players twitting or babbling off to the media about politics as long as it's your views right?  Thought so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You know what would be a good name for the team? The Washington Farts. I would literally buy every piece of merchandise I could find for a team called the farts.

Retired players are Old Farts

outspoken players are Loud Farts

Could go on and on

Link to post
Share on other sites

So....nothing has came out yet about the firings? I thought “bad” news was supposed to come out today. Or does local media once again have no clue what they’re talking about? Yes, i think that might be it :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but based on it being one of the newest important press release statements, did anyone feel the PR team fell short with this statement.

 

A. It was redundant...we will no longer use the Redskins' name.  Yet we will still use the name...including the letterhead to dismiss the name

B. It should have been made in a statement from a podium, not in what felt like a child giving in and not getting their way

C. From a stand point, it dug deep seeing the fans and community being listed after the team's sponsors in their statement.  I already knew this organization cared more about the bottom line than the fans/team but it stung seeing it written out.  It may have been a innocent mistake on their part, but they do have people paid to notice how something could be misconstrued to look like that.

 

I apologize if this was in the wrong thread.  Now I'll just sit back and wait on the bad news that is still to come 😐

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but based on it being one of the newest important press release statements, did anyone feel the PR team fell short with this statement.

 

A. It was redundant...we will no longer use the Redskins' name.  Yet we will still use the name...including the letterhead to dismiss the name

B. It should have been made in a statement from a podium, not in what felt like a child giving in and not getting their way

C. From a stand point, it dug deep seeing the fans and community being listed after the team's sponsors in their statement.  I already knew this organization cared more about the bottom line than the fans/team but it stung seeing it written out.  It may have been a innocent mistake on their part, but they do have people paid to notice how something could be misconstrued to look like that.

 

I apologize if this was in the wrong thread.  Now I'll just sit back and wait on the bad news that is still to come 😐

Most things about this team is a joke. I won't complain much because at least they are changing the name but it was clear from the start, this was due to financial pressure than Dan being enlightened all of sudden.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but based on it being one of the newest important press release statements, did anyone feel the PR team fell short with this statement.

 

A. It was redundant...we will no longer use the Redskins' name.  Yet we will still use the name...including the letterhead to dismiss the name

B. It should have been made in a statement from a podium, not in what felt like a child giving in and not getting their way

C. From a stand point, it dug deep seeing the fans and community being listed after the team's sponsors in their statement.  I already knew this organization cared more about the bottom line than the fans/team but it stung seeing it written out.  It may have been a innocent mistake on their part, but they do have people paid to notice how something could be misconstrued to look like that.

 

I apologize if this was in the wrong thread.  Now I'll just sit back and wait on the bad news that is still to come 😐

To your point B, i dont think any press conferences can happen due to the pandemic, so there’s really no way to deliver any type of news from a podium. Sounds like press conferences will be on zoom with the media this season 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

 

He is a leader in this organization, needs to shut the hell up and focus on coaching & leading. Not spending time on twitter

 

We all need to have very high standards for leaders of this team. The amount of time he has spent on twitter, talking about things other then football, is ridiculous. 

 

While I agree when people spend too much time on Twitter and Social Media (****ing RGIII PTSD), if he gets our asses off the field on 3rd down, and puts together a top 10-15 defense next year, he can worship Satan and murder puppies for all I care. I won't necessarily approve of it--but he's a football coach and his opinion should really mean little.

1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

 

He is a leader in this organization, needs to shut the hell up and focus on coaching & leading. Not spending time on twitter

 

We all need to have very high standards for leaders of this team. The amount of time he has spent on twitter, talking about things other then football, is ridiculous. 

 

While I agree when people spend too much time on Twitter and Social Media (****ing RGIII PTSD), if he gets our asses off the field on 3rd down, and puts together a top 10-15 defense next year, he can worship Satan and murder puppies for all I care. I won't necessarily approve of it--but he's a football coach and his opinion should really mean little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

To your point B, i dont think any press conferences can happen due to the pandemic, so there’s really no way to deliver any type of news from a podium. Sounds like press conferences will be on zoom with the media this season 

 

Fair point.  It never registered they may not be able to make a podium statement due to COVID-19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTskin said:

The first sentence of your previous post contradicts this statement.

 

Nope, it doesn't.

 

Nickyj said "Jack Del Rio is a high profile coach on a team that is very high profile with this name change, in a very volatile time. I don't care if he thinks the earth is flat or if he's about to make a breakthrough on the cure for cancer during his time off, he and every member of the team needs to be invisible until the dust settles, and preferably after it too."

 

The first sentence of my previous post said: "he's actively promoting social ignorance and even on the verge of conspiracy theories."

 

In my mind, that's the complete antithesis of being "invisible until the dust settles, and preferably after it too"...which you agreed Del Rio should be doing. My first sentence simply spells out the ways in which he is NOT doing it. And in case anyone wasn't aware, this is not the first time Del Rio has failed to be "invisible" by "actively promoting social ignorance and even on the verge of conspiracy theories". This is just the latest time.

 

And to your belief that people want him fired simply because they disagree with him, I pointed to your earlier post stating this: "...how pumped was this whole fan base when del rio was hired?:

 

It is exactly because so many of us were pumped at his being hired that it will take a lot more than disagreeing with his views to start thinking it might be better if he were not the DC. And he's done far more than just allude to a system of beliefs that many of us don't agree with. He's actively promoting them, actively spreading false claims (tho to his credit I'm assuming he didn't know they were false), actively inserting himself smack-dab into the middle of a volatile debate, and unfortunately doing so from what appears to be a position of ignorance. That's not in any way a good look for a team representative. We need him to lead by example...he's not setting a good example. If someone had leaked a private convo Del Rio had where he said and expressed the same things, I think almost all of us would defend him. It's his actions, not his thoughts.

 

 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean is pressing a button on a phone considered an action? Because that’s all he’s really doing.

 

Don't be disingenuous.

 

 

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

considering how quickly this is happening they likely didn't have any other letterhead to announce it on

 

I'm  accepting of the fact the name is changed.  I am disappointed it is being officially retired before a new name is selected.  I do not like that there's a period where we are the Washington NFL Football Team.

 

I saw that report by that guy Kellerman and his statement about this being garbage and I just wonder how long ago he typed it up, because his complaint is that the Redskins weren't ahead of the movement but they haven't been able to be ahead of the movement for decades

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carex said:

 

I'm  accepting of the fact the name is changed.  I am disappointed it is being officially retired before a new name is selected.  I do not like that there's a period where we are the Washington NFL Football Team.


thought we were still the Redskins until the review was concluded?

 

Back on topic, im souring on JDR fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

You know what would be a good name for the team? The Washington Farts. I would literally buy every piece of merchandise I could find for a team called the farts.

Can imagine the sounds in the stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Rivera's wife tweeted this less than a week ago.  I don't know if Ron was the driving force to change the name.  I think this was a Snyder panic move because he was afraid of losing money.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as Jack gives a top defense; that’s all that matters. That’s what he was hired for.

 

The only way the stupid **** he says on Twitter gets him fired; if the players refuse to play under him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, carex said:

saw that report by that guy Kellerman and his statement about this being garbage and I just wonder how long ago he typed it up, because his complaint is that the Redskins weren't ahead of the movement but they haven't been able to be ahead of the movement for decades

I think there are a lot of people, like Max and Peter King, that have about a hundred critical pieces about the Redskins ready to go for every scenario and circumstance. It makes them feel better to be "on the forefront" of the battle.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

As long as Jack gives a top defense; that’s all that matters. That’s what he was hired for.

 

The only way the stupid **** he says on Twitter gets him fired; if the players refuse to play under him.


Maybe you haven’t followed social Media recently. Anyone says something that isn’t agreed upon especially by the majority is open season.  All it takes a sponsor saying we don’t like what your coach is spitting. 
 

Having said that honestly riviera obviously is involved with the name and what not but everyone else needs to shut up.  They are here to coach, play, etc.  Go review playbook, throw a football, etc. They aren’t helping the situation which is already tense.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what you believe politically, and I’m against the content of JDR’s tweets, they were tone deaf and stupid. And also in direct opposition to something that what a lot of his players find very personally important. 
 

The redskins should tell JDR to stay off Twitter or keep it strictly about football, food, movies, etc. how hard is it not to tweet about religion and politics?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

witter or keep it strictly about football, food, movies, etc. how hard is it not to tweet about religion and politics?

I think for many it’s the idea that you can’t speak your mind in fear of repercussions for having a different opinion. The idea of being ideologically controlled is just another manner of tyranny to so many. I’m not saying it’s right, just that I understand where they’re coming from.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...