Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 hours ago, dyst said:

It was just odd, you’d make a post criticizing Bruce or Snyder and folks would come in not only defending them but labeling you as a fake fan. Like damn, that was a rough civil war era of our fandom. We are mostly in unison nowadays. ✌️ 

Yep good point.  There isn't that same division anymore.  It's great.  

Catching up with some of Tanya's interview.  I'll say I buy what some say that she's classy, nice, and a good communicator -- all things that Dan isn't known to be.

But I think its funny that the spin that she and her husband have to "reassure" fans is partly this:

A.  Hey we weren't full owners then. Iimplication it was the minority owners not Dan who brought the dysfunction

B.  Now, Dan will be more hands on.  Implication is Bruce Allen singly handily brought the FO dysfunction.

I am gathering they think they can convince fans that Dan has never been the problem.  Instead, its him trusting the wrong people and staying out of their way.  The problem with that argument is as much as Dan loves playing in the shadows, stories about his involvemenet eventually surface.    Also, i think its hilarious to make the argument that Dan is the victim of his own hires.   

Lets run with the premise he wants us to believe (and I've seen a few of his defenders use the same argument) which seems to be Dan is just a swell and misunderstood guy.  And that his only weakness seems to be hiring the wrong people to run or coach the team.  OK, well that responsibility is the prime responsibility of the owner.  So if he stinks at that, its not a shrug so what kind of thing.  It would be like my kids saying hey I go to school, my attendance is good, my only issue is studying and getting good grades -- other than that I am gold. 

Tanya though does come off much better than Dan and by a mile.   She's likeable and comes off smart.   But, I just have a hard time buying that's she's the defacto manager of the team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with some of Tanya's interview.  I'll say I buy what some say that she's classy, nice, and a good communicator -- all things that Dan isn't known to be.

I will see that Tanya though does come off much better than Dan and by a mile.   She's likeable and comes off smart.   I just have a hard time buying that's she's the defacto manager of the team. 

Also catching up... 

I would agree that she is more likable than Dan but its such a low bar.  I was disappointed in what I heard.  She didn't sound as smart or likable to me as I thought she would.  She is just the face of ownership to help in (their minds) improve appearances.  I don't know what I really expected but - she sounded more like Dan to me than like what a real owner (or their spouse) should sound like.  Maybe its just me.

Thank God for Ron and Jason Wright... At least the Snyders got that part right it seems.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Also catching up... 

I would agree that she is more likable than Dan but its such a low bar.  I was disappointed in what I heard.  She didn't sound as smart or likable to me as I thought she would.  She is just the face of ownership to help in (their minds) improve appearances.  I don't know what I really expected but - she sounded more like Dan to me than like what a real owner (or their spouse) should sound like.  Maybe its just me.

Thank God for Ron and Jason Wright... At least the Snyders got that part right it seems.

I just listened to segments not the full interview but i'll get to the full interview and maybe my take might change.  Watching her in other interviews to me she came off pretty well.  And heck I'll give her props to at least give it a shot and talk publicly -- Dan's been too chicken to do it for years.  

I am running to an extent with what Sheehan said he's heard from some people who have dealt with the Snyders -- Tanya is likable and a good communicator and Dan is not. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just listened to segments not the full interview but i'll get to the full interview and maybe my take might change.  Watching her in other interviews to me she came off pretty well.  And heck I'll give her props to at least give it a shot and talk publicly -- Dan's been too chicken to do it for years.  

I am running to an extent with what Sheehan said he's heard from some people who have dealt with the Snyders -- Tanya is likable and a good communicator and Dan is not. 

Ill be interested in your take after you listen to it all.

Maybe Im being to hard on her - I just had higher hopes before listening to her and felt let down.  I also didn't watch the interview - only listened.  You're right she did at least have a willingness to talk publicly.  Perhaps more of her talking publicly would also make her more likable and endearing to the fans.  I also listened to Sheehan and liked his point that she was more likable than Dan in part because Dan sets such a low bar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I think its funny that the spin that she and her husband have to "reassure" fans is partly this:

A.  Hey we weren't full owners then. Iimplication it was the minority owners not Dan who brought the dysfunction

B.  Now, Dan will be more hands on.  Implication is Bruce Allen singly handily brought the FO dysfunction.

So if she's basically the front for Dan, nothing has changed. We already saw the disaster when Dan was more hands-on. It's not pretty.

26 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ill be interested in your take after you listen to it all.

Maybe Im being to hard on her - I just had higher hopes before listening to her and felt let down.  I also didn't watch the interview - only listened.  You're right she did at least have a willingness to talk publicly.  Perhaps more of her talking publicly would also make her more likable and endearing to the fans.  I also listened to Sheehan and liked his point that she was more likable than Dan in part because Dan sets such a low bar.

Will do.  I think Sheehan's lower bar point pertains to communication skills. He goes today Tanya might not be a great communicator but compared to Dan she's Winston Churchill.

But he's said multiple times from what he's heard, Tanya is genuinely likable behind the scenes and communicates well whereas Dan behind the scenes lives up to his reputation of being an unlikable person. 

He also talked today that the current crop (Wright, Rivera, Tanya etc) helps a lot as to making this team more likeable.  He cities that studies indicate that consumers are more likely to forgive mistakes of a company if they find that company likeable.  The problem with this organization in the mix of their incompetence is they came off arrogant and put people off and as he goes they were stupid, too.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

So if she's basically the front for Dan, nothing has changed. We already saw the disaster when Dan was more hands-on. It's not pretty.

I think its even worse. I think that she actually has the same opinions as Dan. She was basically saying what Dan can't say himself because he's afraid, but she said it with her whole chest, proudly. Like its not that we weren't involved, its that we didn't have 100% ownership. Now we can get what we want to get done, done. Now its on us. All these past 20 years, blame the minority owners because they had more say than you think, but now we've got full control.

Now wait 20 years when they're in their 70s and they're talking about how 100% is not really 100% and if only they were the commissioner or whatever other power, maybe owning the other teams too. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think its even worse. I think that she actually has the same opinions as Dan. She was basically saying what Dan can't say himself because he's afraid, but she said it with her whole chest, proudly. Like its not that we weren't involved, its that we didn't have 100% ownership. Now we can get what we want to get done, done. Now its on us. All these past 20 years, blame the minority owners because they had more say than you think, but now we've got full control.

Now wait 20 years when they're in their 70s and they're talking about how 100% is not really 100% and if only they were the commissioner or whatever other power, maybe owning the other teams too. 

Yeah it seems to be my takeaway too.   They seem to be arguing that we didn't get the full Synder treatment on the team -- implied because of minority owners and they let Bruce Allen rule the roost.  Now we will get a much heavier dose of the Snyders.

• Like 3

The last time we heard from Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder, he was explaining that the solution to the Dan Snyder problem was more Dan Snyder.

“I have admittedly been too hands-off as an owner and allowed others to have day-to-day control to the detriment of our organization,” he wrote in an Aug. 2020 statement, on the day 15 women came forward in a Washington Post story alleging sexual harassment by team executives (the number later grew to 42).

Nearly a year later, he was profiled in the Wall Street Journal, an article that said Snyder “thought one of his greatest mistakes was not being more active as the franchise rotted on and off the field.”

Since then, an NFL investigation came to similar conclusions about the franchise having rotted, and Snyder handed the keys to his wife, Tanya Snyder, who now runs day-to-day operations.

Tanya made her first public comments on Tuesday in a podcast with ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The interview started with her explaining that she gets a “lump in her throat” when thinking about the past year, describing it as “a cross between a crime show and a nightmare movie.”

Schefter asks her to clarify — what was it that was so difficult? She responds it’s been the pain of her family hearing some of the things that were said in the media (“it is what it is — everybody’s going to say whatever”).

Schefter then makes one more try.

“It seems like you’re tiptoeing around what’s bothering you,” he said. “What gave you that lump in your throat? ... What made it such a difficult year?”

Given the opportunity to acknowledge the 42 women, Snyder kept the focus on herself and her family.

“I think we could have very easily run away and been fine, and sailed away,” she said of her family, which owns a yacht reportedly valued at $180 million. “Drinking piña coladas. But that’s not who we are. That’s not what I want to teach my kids.”

Later she continued: “I didn’t want to teach my kids to run away and to go hide and to not — you know, the truth should always set you free, and, you know, stand strong for that.”

To suggest that Tanya and Dan are the same person is grossly unfair to both.

Tanya deserves commendation for starting the NFL’s “think pink” breast cancer awareness campaign, and pinning the worst of the last two decades on her is unfair.

But in her attempt to turn the page, she continued the family tradition of overlooking why the page needs turning in the first place. In case anybody needs a reminder, here is an excerpt from the NFL’s summary of its investigation:

“Bullying and intimidation frequently took place and many described the culture as one of fear, and numerous female employees reported having experienced sexual harassment and a general lack of respect in the workplace.

“Ownership and senior management paid little or no attention to these issues. In some instances, senior executives engaged in inappropriate conduct themselves, including use of demeaning language and public embarrassment.”

Those words aren’t from “the media.”

They’re from the NFL.

Luckily, Tanya Snyder knows just the right people to clean up this mess.

It’s Dan and Tanya Snyder.

She noted that her family purchased the team outright during the summer, suggesting that leaves it better positioned to make the needed changes.

“We’re 100% owners, and we’re in a much stronger position to be able to make each and every change that we need to make,” she said. “So that I’m very excited about.”

It’s true the family only owned 59.5% of the Washington Football Team. It’s also true that the shares for the other 40.5% came with a stipulation that there was no voting power or voice in the day-to-day operations of the team — that remained solely with the Snyder family.

The Snyders have done little to demonstrate they are the right people to steward Washington’s NFL team, on or off the field, only that they possess the legal firepower to make sure they retain ownership.

Snyder was named co-CEO three days before the NFL issued its findings, but Tanya said on the podcast that had been discussed for “months.”

If she can implement change in the organization, it will greatly benefit the city and the fan base.

But Tuesday’s appearance, glossing over the plight of the 42 women who alleged sexual harassment, shows that the family still has trouble identifying the real victims.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The last time we heard from Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder, he was explaining that the solution to the Dan Snyder problem was more Dan Snyder.

“I have admittedly been too hands-off as an owner and allowed others to have day-to-day control to the detriment of our organization,” he wrote in an Aug. 2020 statement, on the day 15 women came forward in a Washington Post story alleging sexual harassment by team executives (the number later grew to 42).

Nearly a year later, he was profiled in the Wall Street Journal, an article that said Snyder “thought one of his greatest mistakes was not being more active as the franchise rotted on and off the field.”

Since then, an NFL investigation came to similar conclusions about the franchise having rotted, and Snyder handed the keys to his wife, Tanya Snyder, who now runs day-to-day operations.

Tanya made her first public comments on Tuesday in a podcast with ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The interview started with her explaining that she gets a “lump in her throat” when thinking about the past year, describing it as “a cross between a crime show and a nightmare movie.”

Schefter asks her to clarify — what was it that was so difficult? She responds it’s been the pain of her family hearing some of the things that were said in the media (“it is what it is — everybody’s going to say whatever”).

Schefter then makes one more try.

“It seems like you’re tiptoeing around what’s bothering you,” he said. “What gave you that lump in your throat? ... What made it such a difficult year?”

Given the opportunity to acknowledge the 42 women, Snyder kept the focus on herself and her family.

“I think we could have very easily run away and been fine, and sailed away,” she said of her family, which owns a yacht reportedly valued at $180 million. “Drinking piña coladas. But that’s not who we are. That’s not what I want to teach my kids.”

Later she continued: “I didn’t want to teach my kids to run away and to go hide and to not — you know, the truth should always set you free, and, you know, stand strong for that.”

To suggest that Tanya and Dan are the same person is grossly unfair to both.

Tanya deserves commendation for starting the NFL’s “think pink” breast cancer awareness campaign, and pinning the worst of the last two decades on her is unfair.

But in her attempt to turn the page, she continued the family tradition of overlooking why the page needs turning in the first place. In case anybody needs a reminder, here is an excerpt from the NFL’s summary of its investigation:

“Bullying and intimidation frequently took place and many described the culture as one of fear, and numerous female employees reported having experienced sexual harassment and a general lack of respect in the workplace.

“Ownership and senior management paid little or no attention to these issues. In some instances, senior executives engaged in inappropriate conduct themselves, including use of demeaning language and public embarrassment.”

Those words aren’t from “the media.”

They’re from the NFL.

Luckily, Tanya Snyder knows just the right people to clean up this mess.

It’s Dan and Tanya Snyder.

She noted that her family purchased the team outright during the summer, suggesting that leaves it better positioned to make the needed changes.

“We’re 100% owners, and we’re in a much stronger position to be able to make each and every change that we need to make,” she said. “So that I’m very excited about.”

It’s true the family only owned 59.5% of the Washington Football Team. It’s also true that the shares for the other 40.5% came with a stipulation that there was no voting power or voice in the day-to-day operations of the team — that remained solely with the Snyder family.

The Snyders have done little to demonstrate they are the right people to steward Washington’s NFL team, on or off the field, only that they possess the legal firepower to make sure they retain ownership.

Snyder was named co-CEO three days before the NFL issued its findings, but Tanya said on the podcast that had been discussed for “months.”

If she can implement change in the organization, it will greatly benefit the city and the fan base.

But Tuesday’s appearance, glossing over the plight of the 42 women who alleged sexual harassment, shows that the family still has trouble identifying the real victims.

Aaaaaand this is why I mentioned a couple months ago why she is grossly unqualified for whatever her current role is.

I dont care whether shes more likeable than Dan (lowest bar of all time) or about her breast cancer support (apples and bowling balls).

Dan sucks.  She sucks.  He's an absolutely terrible human being and, while I may not yet have the evidence to support this thesis, its not hard to assume that she is too.  And both of these turds are completely unqualified for their positions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Aaaaaand this is why I mentioned a couple months ago why she is grossly unqualified for whatever her current role is.

I dont care whether shes more likeable than Dan (lowest bar of all time) or about her breast cancer support (apples and bowling balls).

Dan sucks.  She sucks.  He's an absolutely terrible human being and, while I may not yet have the evidence to support this thesis, its not hard to assume that she is too.  And both of these turds are completely unqualified for their positions.

I don't know if she really has a defacto role aside from doing some speaking.  I think its just cosmetic.  I think almost anyone is more qualified than Dan but regardless I don't believe she's the defacto manager/owner of the team. 

As for the Snyders not taking responsbility and passing the buck.  That's been the ammo from the start of this investigation.  We've talked about here.  So to me the only story on that front is that they are still sticking to this narrative.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't know if she really has a defacto role aside from doing some speaking.  I think its just cosmetic.  I think almost anyone is more qualified than Dan but regardless I don't believe she's the defacto manager/owner of the team. 

As for the Snyders not taking responsbility and passing the buck.  That's been the ammo from the start of this investigation.  We've talked about here.  So to me the only story on that front is that they are still sticking to this narrative.   

Yep and to be clear I'm not trying to place you in any opposite light.  Just saying.  Agree its cosmetic, which she is still woefully underqualified for, as demonstrated so very clearly here.

• Like 1

Having just digested Tanya's interview.....ugggh.  I actually had some hope for her.  Not that her tenure will last long or that her gig is actually real in the first place.  But that she would handle situations like this one much better.  I can only credit her for doing the interview, as her husband was infamous for not facing the music.  But this...this was bad.  I've got to imagine they employ a team of people to train her to do better than this.  I just can't imagine anyone coached or suggested that she pin the blame on those who are no longer here while Dan was too hands off.  The entire world knows that is complete BS and nobody is buying that.  

Thank god it's almost time to play actual football to detract from the Snyders in general.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yep and to be clear I'm not trying to place you in any opposite light.  Just saying.  Agree its cosmetic, which she is still woefully underqualified for, as demonstrated so very clearly here.

Thanks.  My take basically in summary is:

A.  I don't buy the Tanya Snyder stuff where she's now running the team.  I've made fun of this from the jump here along with others when they started using her name.

B.  Dan is the worst owner in sports or close enough.

C.  I think Dan is such a bad owner that I'd trust almost anyone can do a better job than him.

From the appearances I've seen Tanya hit me as more articulate and likeable than Dan.  And the fact that Sheehan said he's heard its the case with people that have interacted with both -- I'll trust that impression for now.   But that's it.   I didn't really expect her though to contradict her husband.  So her backing the idea that its other people's fault, etc, and not their fault -- its on brand.  And they've stuck to this narrative the whole time.  It's Dan's ammo for his whole ownership.  He'd like fans to believe that he's just an innocent bystander to the clown show that he just happens to run. 

One of the many reasons why Dan has failed as an owner is the buck never stops with him.  It's always someone else's fault.   He never learns or improves because he doesn't think he needs to learn anything since nothing that went wrong was his fault in the first place in his mind.  

I said at the time it happened that Dan's press conference where he basically laid all the blame on Bruce Allen made me cringe.  And I was one of the louder critics here of Bruce.  Yet, while i was glad that Bruce was gone -- the culture is Dan's fault not Bruce's fault.  He's the owner, he fosters the culture, he makes the hires, he decides who to reward or let go.  The idea that he is at the mercy of his hires is ridiculous. 

On a small scale, I have employees who work for me.  It's my company.   I am responsible for the product that I produce not my employees.  And if I hired some incompetent jerk to work under me and they did embarassing things but yet I kept them for about 10 years than that would reflect my own incompetence and lack of judgment not the employee.  

I don't buy even a whit that Dan is hands off and his employees simply fail him.  But even if I did, it's IMO a ridiculous and loser argument.   And its sad IMO that they don't see it. Talk about the opposite of leadership and integrity. 

They are trying to sell hope for the future but they still don't get it IMO.  They can't stand to admit to making mistakes.  They will only own up to mistakes in a nonmeaningful way like hey we will take the blame but let us tell you at the same time that it really isn't us and why you should blame so and so.   

If instead Dan said look I screwed up.  I said years ago I wouldn't interfere with personnel but I still did so and I promise I'll back off now.  I know I said it before and I get why fans might not trust this but I realize that our organization needs a major change and that starts with me.   And as for the front office, it's been mismanaged and I've been a major part of it, I can't put it all on Bruce or anyone else, the culture and environment was something I needed to set in the right way and I did a poor job of it and it saddens me what happened as a consequence. If he did that, I think would be PR Gold.  Dan loves trying to parade new beginnings.  So how about a real mea culpa instead of the typical phony version of it for a change?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks.  My take basically in summary is:

A.  I don't buy the Tanya Snyder stuff where she's now running the team.  I've made fun of this from the jump here along with others when they started using her name.

B.  Dan is the worst owner in sports or close enough.

C.  I think Dan is such a bad owner that I'd trust almost anyone can do a better job than him.

From the appearances I've seen Tanya hit me as more articulate and likeable than Dan.  And the fact that Sheehan said he's heard its the case with people that have interacted with both -- I'll trust that impression for now.   But that's it.   I didn't really expect her though to contradict her husband.  So her backing the idea that its other people's fault, etc, and not their fault -- its on brand.  And they've stuck to this narrative the whole time.  It's Dan's ammo for his whole ownership.  He'd like fans to believe that he's just an innocent bystander to the clown show that he just happens to run. 

One of the many reasons why Dan has failed as an owner is the buck never stops with him.  It's always someone else's fault.   He never learns or improves because he doesn't think he needs to learn anything since nothing that went wrong was his fault in the first place in his mind.  

I said at the time it happened that Dan's press conference where he basically laid all the blame on Bruce Allen made me cringe.  And I was one of the louder critics here of Bruce.  Yet, while i was glad that Bruce was gone -- the culture is Dan's fault not Bruce's fault.  He's the owner, he fosters the culture, he makes the hires, he decides who to reward or let go.  The idea that he is at the mercy of his hires is ridiculous. 

On a small scale, I have employees who work for me.  It's my company.   I am responsible for the product that I produce not my employees.  And if I hired some incompetent jerk to work under me and they did embarassing things but yet I kept them for about 10 years than that would reflect my own incompetence and lack of judgment not the employee.  

I don't buy even a whit that Dan is hands off and his employees simply fail him.  But even if I did, it's IMO a ridiculous and loser argument.   And its sad IMO that they don't see it. Talk about the opposite of leadership and integrity. 

They are trying to sell hope for the future but they still don't get it IMO.  They can't stand to admit to making mistakes.  They will only own up to mistakes in a nonmeaningful way like hey we will take the blame but let us tell you at the same time that it really isn't us and why you should blame so and so.   

If instead Dan said look I screwed up.  I said years ago I wouldn't interfere with personnel but I still did so and I promise I'll back off now.  I know I said it before and I get why fans might not trust this but I realize that our organization needs a major change and that starts with me.   And as for the front office, it's been mismanaged and I've been a major part of it, I can't put it all on Bruce or anyone else, the culture and environment was something I needed to set in the right way and I did a poor job of it and it saddens me what happened as a consequence. If he did that, I think would be PR Gold.  Dan loves trying to parade new beginnings.  So how about a real mea culpa intead of the typical phony version of it for a change?

Was with you 100% until the last paragraph but just dont see his reputation as salvageable.  Or maybe I just hate him so much, dont want it to be.  Either way, I have a big fat zero-burger of interest in his mae culpas.

With you all the way on the rest though for sure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Was with you 100% until the last paragraph but just dont see his reputation as salvageable.  Or maybe I just hate him so much, dont want it to be.  Either way, I have a big fat zero-burger of interest in his mae culpas.

With you all the way on the rest though for sure.

My point in that last paragraph wasn't that would save him.  But if he wanted a positive PR hit he'd get a better boost from a real mea culpa versus his garden variety fake ones. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My point in that last paragraph wasn't that would save him.  But if he wanted a positive PR hit he'd get a better boost from a real mea culpa versus his garden variety fake ones. 

Yeah you're right, its the correct PR move.

Tanya was just a PR move.  I do have the feeling; she knows exactly what happened with all the sexual harassment issues and what Dan's actual role was in it.  She probably told Dan, you really ****ed things up and I am not going to live with this ****.  She probably colluded with Dan, with her to be the face of the franchise for now; while things die down.

As for Dan not having full control until now?

Uh?

Dan Snyder was the one who fired Charlie and then Norv.  Dan was the one who hired Marty, after Marty said he could never work for someone like Dan. Dan, who was looking at Spurrier late in Marty's only season and then hiring Spurrier.  The only time, Dan really did a coaching search was in 2004 but he didn't pull the trigger on anyone because he was trying to get Gibbs and ultimately successful.  Dan was about to hire Jim Fassell when fan blowback, killed that. So, Dan let Vinnie handle the coaching and Vinnie came up with Zorn.   Then the moment the Broncos fire Shanny, he went after Shanny and got him a year later.  Dan did let Bruce pick Jay.

How many players did Dan have a role in. We had 3 #1's in 2000 but Dan traded what was #12/#24 to move up to #3.   We used that pick on Chris Samuels.  We had drafted Lavar with our #2 pick.  We could've been set if we didn't trade up and use those picks elsewhere.   How many free agents or draft picks did Dan have a role in?  

Dan not having enough of a role?  B.S. Tanya.  

Dan just needs to let his people that he hired to do their thing.  If it doesn't work out, then he can make changes. He gave Ron 5 years. He gave Ron the power.  So, we will see whether Dan lets Ron and his GM crew do their thing or will old Dan creep back in.

My guess, old Dan creeps in; if this team doesn't win. Win and Ron can keep Dan at bay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan not having enough of a role?  B.S. Tanya.  

the odd thing about that is while I am convinced they know its B.S. its wild to me that they think they came up with the wild PR tactic of lets try to convince fans the problem was Dan was the absentee dad so to speak but now we are really going to see him involved with raising the kids.

The funny thing is clearly that also see that narrative has some problems too because they are also trying to convince some, don't worry if you don't like Dan, Tanya is here now.

Feels like they have a double pronged PR approach.

A.  They want to convince fans that it wasn't Dan's fault.  That's their usual ammo after every debacle.  That doesn't change.  And according to people like Sheehan and others who know people in the building -- that's how Dan genuinely is, nothing is ever his fault, its always someone else's fault.  That's part of the reason why I like to equate Dan with Steinbrenner.  That was Steinbrenner's ammo supposedly.  Like Dan, Steinbrenner would lead the organization by scapegoating and fear.  

B.  They accept some fans will never embrace Dan at this point so for those fans don't despair because Tanya is now the face of the franchise

Tanya is awful. Schefter gave her multiple chances to take a different angle and she just couldn’t get it—she didn’t need to admit any wrongdoing on Dan’s part or address any specific incidents, just show some human empathy. And she failed that simple test. Nothing about the women who suffered in that environment, no—it’s all about he Snyders and how much it hurt to have her family hear those things, rather than acknowledging the women who, you know, experienced those things you’re hearing about. Oh the poor Snyders, living the most comfortable life a human family has ever had the opportunity to live on this earth by an order of magnitude.

She forgot one imperative thing while shilling the story about how they haven’t been involved enough and this never would have happened under their watch if they knew what was going on—she somehow forgot the other half to this lie! The other half is that in that case, she should be feeling some righteous fury and protectiveness for the employees under their watch who were being abused and harassed without their knowledge right under their nose for years. She should be feeling horrible for them and be able to express some of that without admitting fault or saying the wrong thing. 

So she’s not only just as bad as Dan in her own way, she’s also a new brand of ****ing moron—at least he knows not to speak publicly. She went and did the rounds on clean up duty and this is the best she could do after watching him flail for decades. Couldn’t even manage human, never mind likable. I came away from this with more disdain for her family, not less. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Tanya is awful. Schefter gave her multiple chances to take a different angle and she just couldn’t get it—she didn’t need to admit any wrongdoing on Dan’s part or address any specific incidents, just show some human empathy. And she failed that simple test. Nothing about the women who suffered in that environment, no—it’s all about he Snyders and how much it hurt to have her family hear those things, rather than acknowledging the women who, you know, experienced those things you’re hearing about. Oh the poor Snyders, living the most comfortable life a human family has ever had the opportunity to live on this earth by an order of magnitude.

She forgot one imperative thing while shilling the story about how they haven’t been involved enough and this never would have happened under their watch if they knew what was going on—she somehow forgot the other half to this lie! The other half is that in that case, she should be feeling some righteous fury and protectiveness for the employees under their watch who were being abused and harassed without their knowledge right under their nose for years. She should be feeling horrible for them and be able to express some of that without admitting fault or saying the wrong thing. 

So she’s not only just as bad as Dan in her own way, she’s also a new brand of ****ing moron—at least he knows not to speak publicly. She went and did the rounds on clean up duty and this is the best she could do after watching him flail for decades. Couldn’t even manage human, never mind likable. I came away from this with more disdain for her family, not less. 

You said it best.

When I said I was hopeful for Tanya, I meant that basically anything but Dan should be a breath of fresh air.  I've laughed at her being injected into things even before they became 'official' because it was so obviously a farce.  But I did think she couldn't possibly make things worse and yet here we are, listening to her point fingers and pretend all the Snyders needed was more power.  I mean my god, I just can't even...

I listened to the interview again and it came across worse the second time.  To the extent, that I'm shocked how poorly she came off.  It might as well have been Dan doing the interview.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1