Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Anyone having an issue with Dan attending the game yesterday is just acting foolish. He’s not banished, he owns the team and wanted to go. All this “read the room” crap is stupid and anyone that stirred up over it just needs to step away from their computer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Anyone having an issue with Dan attending the game yesterday is just acting foolish. He’s not banished, he owns the team and wanted to go. All this “read the room” crap is stupid and anyone that stirred up over it just needs to step away from their computer. 

THANK YOU. Glad to know I’m not alone on the subject 

41 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yes, but he doesnt need anyone defending him either.  **** him.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Who the **** cares? Honestly what does it matter? Everything about the penalty is a joke, everyone knows it, just watch football.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yes, but he doesnt need anyone defending him either.  **** him.

There’s enough crap to rag on him about to fill a stadium, piling on every little thing he does is lazy and pointless. What if he donated a billion dollars to youth football, are people gonna attack him for that? Undoubtedly people will. This isn’t about defending him, this is about turning the whole Snyder thing into a frenzied witch hunt. 

17 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Who the **** cares? Honestly what does it matter? Everything about the penalty is a joke, everyone knows it, just watch football.

I’m not the one annoyed by it but there are few things I hate more than the lemming mindset. “Oh Danny’s there. Gotta say something against him because that’s what we’re supposed to do, right?” I hold the fanbase especially the ones here to a higher standard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Wright is a highly paid employee.  It is his job.

Bruce was a highly paid employee as well, yet I’m 100% sure he wouldn’t have made any type of response at all 🤷🏻‍♂️ There’s the difference between the two. Wright is classy. How can you not like that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Bruce was a highly paid employee as well, yet I’m 100% sure he wouldn’t have made any type of response at all 🤷🏻‍♂️ There’s the difference between the two. Wright is classy. How can you not like that?

I do like that.  Its his job.  

In other news...I'm glad for this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

What can I say. I’m just not a fan of a guy who definitely knew and allowed sexual harassment to take place. So forgive me if I’m not sympathetic to Snyder attending the game.

No issues with you being supportive of him or his behavior that fostered that sort of immoral culture. It was my opinion of him and not my opinion of fans who support him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

No issues with you being supportive of him or his behavior that fostered that sort of immoral culture. It was my opinion of him and not my opinion of fans who support him.

In all my years of being online, this may be the most condescending, passive-aggressive garbage I have ever read. Congrats on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m surprised people were ragging on the beard, it’s the first time he hasn’t outwardly looked like the detestable little dweeb he is, he just looks like a normal guy, if a bit disheveled. 

Exactly! I had no problem with the beard, i just thought it was funny that he looked like he had been picked up from the bar. 

Plus the fact that he’s growing the beard as part of a Jewish ritual when one is mourning the loss of a loved one. Can’t hate on the guy for having the beard, especially after hearing that 

The rest of the article relates to covid and has been discussed in other threads, there's a part to this article that really stood out to me.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/16/mmqb-ron-rivera-covid-vaccines-joe-burrow-brandon-staley

So why is he grinding through another training camp, under the stifling humidity of Northern Virginia, with another long season ahead?

“Because I still love the game. I love the game a lot, I really do. I love everything about the game,” Rivera said. “It’s interesting because it took me back to why I took this job, I just feel like I’m supposed to have this job. Think about this, there’s only 33 proton therapy machines in the United States. And three of them are in that area—Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and Nova in Fairfax. There’s three of them, and there’s not one in North Carolina, there’s not one in Northern California. My hometown, there’s not even one close.”

So if he were still with the Panthers, or back home, he’d have needed to go away for seven weeks to get the treatment. Doable? Sure. But coaching would’ve been impossible.

“I’ve always felt like, and Stephanie says it, we’re here for a reason,” Rivera continued. “And if I quit now, I’ll never find out if there really is a reason. So at least I gotta go through this, I’ve gotta see this and get through it. I do want to do a lot, I do have a lot left to accomplish. I do want to win a Super Bowl, not necessarily for me, but for the people around this, the people that are part of this. That’s what my goal is.

It goes without saying at this point, but I'm really glad we got Ron Rivera. Best front office choice this team has made in over a decade.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Dan Snyder gets equal treatment as Donald Trump on this board its not fair imo. Yeah he sucks as an owner but he tried what he thought was a way to make things work none of it ever worked out an we were all pissed as fans but he really doesn't deserve the name calling etc in fact NOBODY DOES grow up people.

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dan Snyder gets equal treatment as Donald Trump on this board its not fair imo. Yeah he sucks as an owner but he tried what he thought was a way to make things work none of it ever worked out an we were all pissed as fans but he really doesn't deserve the name calling etc in fact NOBODY DOES grow up people.

I thought you were sort of suspended Dan?

Dan deserves and earned every bad thing said about him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/13/2021 at 9:32 PM, PartyPosse said:

In all my years of being online, this may be the most condescending, passive-aggressive garbage I have ever read. Congrats on that.

I doubt that. Not to mention, it's much more important and relevant than any of the football condescension that permeates the threads here on a daily basis. 

For those of you who just wanted the distraction of accountability to be gone, you got your wish. Snyder skated by unharmed despite a lot of brave women coming forward with pretty despicable stories and allegations. So, in the end, you guys got what you wanted...the minority silenced so everyone can focus on football again. I mean, we wouldn't want to take away from the discussions of which journeyman QB might avoid mistakes just enough for the Skins to go 9-8 this year!!

But, you cannot blame those of us who remain utterly disgusted by the blind eye being turned to all the predatory and disgusting things Snyder either allowed or knew about. There's a video of female employees that was shot without their permission that was distributed to team execs. It's set to Snyder's favorite music. But hey...he lets his wife sign his press releases now, so the guy has turned over a new leaf and we should all blindly just follow football again, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 4:12 PM, PartyPosse said:

I didn't even know he attended lol...