Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, that's the only caveat. That and extensive experience at playing grab-ass.

No. Keep up the pressure until Snyder is gone. **** him. He has destroyed this franchise. We went from stands bouncing, chanting "We Want Dallas" to "E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!" ringing through FedEx.

The more dirt on Snyder the better. We want him gone; so anything that helps in pushing him out is good.

• Like 2

The word culture has become a buzzword for Washington in the past six months and Wright said he and coach Ron Rivera meet every Friday for up to 90 minutes to discuss it. Wright also said he has an Ask Me Anything session with employees each Friday, and the team has beefed up its parental leave to 16 weeks, which Wright said puts it in line with most in the NFL. Washington also instituted a whistle-blower hotline allowing employees to leave anonymous complaints.

Whether the changes work will likely depend on Snyder, who, former employees said, used to scoff at the mention of improving the culture.

Wright is optimistic.

"Our workforce," he said, "is eager for change."

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington/post/_/id/40669/washington-president-jason-wright-on-new-name-culture-nfl-investigation

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, CTskin said:

WaPo just don’t quit... the name is changed, the employees who were complicit with the harassment claims are no longer with the team, we have a minority head coach and president... we know, there has been a lot of ****tiness with this franchise in the past from the top down, but unless you have a real story can you just give it a rest and let the team and fan base lose in peace?

Seriously that's your takeaway from the articles the Post has published over the past several months? That they are attacking Snyder with little or no reason??

Very generally, most of your defense up there overlooks the fact that Snyder did nearly all of those things simply to get ahead of bad PR, not because he runs this team correctly. He changed the name when money was at stake (having said that, I don't care much about the name change and don't really want to lump it in with the other stuff). The minority head coach and president, the hiring of Donaldson to replace Michael, etc. were all moves to reduce backlash. We all can see that. 

I take the MOST issue with what I underlined above...the primary culprit of the cheerleader video and sexual harassment stuff is Snyder himself. One of three things must be true and all should result in him losing the team:

1) He was responsible for some of it

2) He knew about it and allowed it

3) He didn't know anything about it 

All are disgusting in different ways, but all show anything ranging from criminal activity (at worst) to gross negligence (at best)...or some combination of both. I hope no one backs off and more dirt comes out because I'm 100% sure there is more out there. 

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The more dirt on Snyder the better. We want him gone; so anything that helps in pushing him out is good.

Yep, I used to just want him either gone or to improve because of the on-field impact. Some of these latest things have hit close to home and now I'd settle for a well-run organization that still played like **** on the field. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, I used to just want him either gone or to improve because of the on-field impact. Some of these latest things have hit close to home and now I'd settle for a well-run organization that still played like **** on the field. 

I want him ****ing gone. Period. End of story. I don't care if they turn this into the greatest "culture" in the NFL. That does NOT exonerate him for the past 20 years. It MIGHT if he admitted to what he's done. If he asked for forgiveness and took the blame. If he stopped his constant lies and attempts to divert attention from his own pathetic self. THEN maybe I'd have some hope and empathy for him. But that's not usually what people do. They rarely change. He's a POS. He's hired some good people (I think), but not out of any real desire to "change." It's totally a self-preservation move. As long as he's there, my fandom has a permanent and giant asterisk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

It MIGHT if he admitted to what he's done. If he asked for forgiveness and took the blame. If he stopped his constant lies and attempts to divert attention from his own pathetic self. THEN maybe I'd have some hope and empathy for him.

So much this.

In all of Dan's fumbling and bumbling since he became the owner of this team, it's always someone else's fault or he didn't know about the bad stuff.  Neither is acceptable.  How anyone can really sit back and think - well, Dan fired the people who had to be fired, and hired some minorities and a female exec, and changed the name, what more do you people want? - is beyond me.  This is the same guy who all the sudden started putting his wife's name on statements to include her on all his BS.  This dude will do anything in an attempt to save face and we're finally at a point as a fanbase that only very, very few buy his nonsense and extend him any benefit of doubt.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So much this.

In all of Dan's fumbling and bumbling since he became the owner of this team, it's always someone else's fault or he didn't know about the bad stuff.  Neither is acceptable.  How anyone can really sit back and think - well, Dan fired the people who had to be fired, and hired some minorities and a female exec, and changed the name, what more do you people want? - is beyond me.  This is the same guy who all the sudden started putting his wife's name on statements to include her on all his BS.  This dude will do anything in an attempt to save face and we're finally at a point as a fanbase that only very, very few buy his nonsense and extend him any benefit of doubt.  

Exactly...he's always looking for that next human shield or distracting announcement (naming streets after dead former players, stadium news, etc.). I will go further...he's had his chance for the mea culpa. Nothing short of him selling or being removed will bring me back as an engaged fan. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, CTskin said:

WaPo just don’t quit... the name is changed, the employees who were complicit with the harassment claims are no longer with the team, we have a minority head coach and president... we know, there has been a lot of ****tiness with this franchise in the past from the top down, but unless you have a real story can you just give it a rest and let the team and fan base lose in peace?

The thing is, whether you like the press or not, these stories would hide under a rock if the press doesn't report them. It's sickening and needs to be brought forward. In order to fix the problem, light must shine on it. Then let the system determine what is valid or not. At some point these women felt victimized, legitimately. A properly run HR staff wouldn't hide this stuff. Since this HR department did, one role of the press is to shine light on it. There are times the press should be criticized. In this case, they don't. They're just simply expressing what victims are putting on record. 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, slinky said:

this is probably just dumb, but regarding the name change I want to live in a world where i still get to see Redskins when I read the news about the WFT. So, I added a chrome plugin that changes any reference to "Redskins" to "Redskins". This will let me live somewhat in my alternative reality for a while longer. Sorry if this doesn't belong in this thread.
image.png.02db93e61cd7bddeea49e49810e021cc.png

I love this false-reality I am living in when i can see news headlines like this. 
image.png.2a8a62595f73326b9274c35d3a5e8bfa.png

• Haha 3

Washington Football minority owners have a deal to sell, but Daniel Snyder is blocking it

A group of investors from California has offered to pay $900 million for a 40-percent stake in the Washington Football Team, according to two people familiar with the matter and documents reviewed by The Washington Post, but majority owner Daniel Snyder is standing in the way as part of an ongoing feud with one of the minority owners trying to sell.

The prospective buyers are Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano — billionaire co-founders of Clearlake Capital, a private equity firm based in Santa Monica — and Feliciano’s wife, Kwanza Jones, a singer/songwriter and philanthropist who grew up in the D.C. area.

Their offer has been tentatively accepted by the team’s three minority shareholders: FedEx chief executive Fred Smith, real estate magnate Dwight Schar and investor Robert Rothman. But Snyder is blocking the sale, according to people familiar with the situation, by attempting to selectively exercise his right of first refusal to buy back minority shares of the team before they’re sold to other parties. While the three minority owners are seeking to sell their 40 percent share in unison, according to these people, Snyder has offered to buy only the 25 percent held by Smith and Rothman, not the 15 percent owned by Schar.

Eghbali, Feliciano and Jones did not respond to multiple requests to comment, nor did Smith, Schar and Rothman. Snyder and the Washington Football Team also declined to comment.

In an attempt to get a federal judge to force Snyder to permit the sale to move forward, the three minority owners sued him in U.S. District Court in Maryland on Nov. 13, according to court records made public on Friday and a person with knowledge of the lawsuit. The New York Times first reported details of the case, which was filed under seal, keeping the lawsuit and all related court filings hidden from public view.

Earlier this week, attorneys for The Washington Post wrote to the court, protesting the decision to permit the case to move forward confidentially. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte replied with a letter stating the case will remain sealed until at least Dec. 3, when he will rule on The Post’s challenge.

The NFL and owners of other teams are not pleased that Schar, Smith and Rothman took the dispute to court, according to a person with knowledge of the league’s inner workings. “That’s not how it’s done,” that person said.

Recent progress toward the potential sale came after the minority owners lowered their asking price, according to a person familiar with the situation. The Washington Football Team is worth $3.5 billion, according to the most recent estimate by Forbes, which would equate to a 40-percent stake worth $1.4 billion. But those figures typically only hold when the team is sold in its entirety, according to industry experts, as shares for minority ownerships in NFL franchises are worth less because they carry no authority in the team’s operations.

A person familiar with the proposed sale said the minority owners’ diminished expectations reflect their growing belief the NFL will not force Snyder to sell his stake in the team, regardless of the outcome of an ongoing league investigation, overseen by D.C. attorney Beth Wilkinson, into allegations of widespread sexual harassment within the Washington Football Team organization first reported by The Post.

Smith, the FedEx founder who lives in Memphis, has been trying to sell his share of the team since 2019. Rothman and Schar joined him in spring 2020, with all three turning to Baltimore-based investor John Moag to handle the sale of their collective 40 percent stake in the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/20/daniel-snyder-washington-football-minority-owners-sale/

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's rich that the NFL says "That's not how it's done" in relation to the minority owners suit. That sentence has applied to Snyder since he bought the damn team. 

Yeah, I just don't see how the investigation is going to force a sale. Mainly because there's no way it can prove at this time whether or not Snyder asked for those videos to be made. Probably the only hope is the litigation to come later and seeing if new things are brought to light through that. Disillusioning for sure. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

That's rich that the NFL says "That's not how it's done" in relation to the minority owners suit. That sentence has applied to Snyder since he bought the damn team.

That's not how issues concerning money are done. No matter the level of professionalism or morality of the individual NFL owners, they all want owners and minority owners to do things a certain way when it comes to money.

18 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's discouraging that no true action might come from all the disgusting news over the summer. I guess we will see once the investigations and litigation come to a close. 

It's weird, because I'm feeling the exact opposite lol...no part of me thinks Snyder being forced to sell is off the table, or that he won't be sanctioned in some way that truly hits him where he lives. It may not happen, of course, but I'm not buying yet that nothing is gonna happen outside of a meaningless slap on the wrist. Maybe I'm thinking/assuming the investigation and lawsuits will dredge up some more damaging stuff and that the totality of it all will be impossible to ignore.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

That's not how issues concerning money are done. No matter the level of professionalism or morality of the individual NFL owners, they all want owners and minority owners to do things a certain way when it comes to money.

It's weird, because I'm feeling the exact opposite lol...no part of me thinks Snyder being forced to sell is off the table, or that he won't be sanctioned in some way that truly hits him where he lives. It may not happen, of course, but I'm not buying yet that nothing is gonna happen outside of a meaningless slap on the wrist. Maybe I'm thinking/assuming the investigation and lawsuits will dredge up some more damaging stuff and that the totality of it all will be impossible to ignore.

I sure hope you are right. Me? I'm leaning towards the league stripping the WFT of their first round pick next year.  Isn't that how it always works, the fans pay the price around here?  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I sure hope you are right. Me? I'm leaning towards the league stripping the WFT of their first round pick next year.  Isn't that how it always works, the fans pay the price around here?  

I'm not expecting or worrying about that. I just think the end game won't be Snyder losing the team. Anything else doesn't really matter to me because that's how I come back. 

On 11/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

@Rdskns2000 regarding your point in the other thread, I kinda agree on Kyle.

I don’t think he’s proven himself enough and i think Rivera will ultimately dump him in some capacity from his existing role.

I assume Ron trusted Kyle on his assessment of the team. Making Ron think this team was better than it really was.

We are no better than last year and actually maybe worse.

Kyle is a holdover from the previous regime. He needs to go and let bring someone else in. Some who can objectively look at the team and see where we need to go from here.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I assume Ron trusted Kyle on his assessment of the team. Making Ron think this team was better than it really was.

We are no better than last year and actually maybe worse.

Kyle is a holdover from the previous regime. He needs to go and let bring someone else in. Some who can objectively look at the team and see where we need to go from here.

I'm not read to get rid of Kyle. It has to be said that much of this roster was constructed with Bruce Allen in control. With that said I still believe the "hits" drafted recently are not really hits with the exception of Terry obviously.  

10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

We badly need someone in the GM seat. We have no one looking out for our long term football interests right now, that has to change ASAP.

I probably flip flop on this guy a lot but I think that somewhere we are doing well right now is not sacrificing the long term for the short. There are notable exceptions (like LB and TE) but for the most part we have a group of guys that we are developing and as much as I'm not a fan of most of the FAs we brought in, none were given those mega contracts that the Wizards are giving right now. Instead we have this philosophy of competition and youth. We are still playing football with a lot of mistakes so I think a guy like Smith can help with the development of the team but otherwise I think we have a bunch of young talent and the guys that aren't young are guys that we can decide on replacing going into next year. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I probably flip flop on this guy a lot but I think that somewhere we are doing well right now is not sacrificing the long term for the short. There are notable exceptions (like LB and TE) but for the most part we have a group of guys that we are developing and as much as I'm not a fan of most of the FAs we brought in, none were given those mega contracts that the Wizards are giving right now. Instead we have this philosophy of competition and youth. We are still playing football with a lot of mistakes so I think a guy like Smith can help with the development of the team but otherwise I think we have a bunch of young talent and the guys that aren't young are guys that we can decide on replacing going into next year. 

This has actually been one of the best FA classes this team has had in recent years. Sure, Sean Davis and Thomas Davis didn’t pan out but Fuller, Darby, Schweitzer, Thomas, Lucas and McKissic are all looking like relative bargains for what they are getting paid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, method man said:

This has actually been one of the best FA classes this team has had in recent years. Sure, Sean Davis and Thomas Davis didn’t pan out but Fuller, Darby, Schweitzer, Thomas, Lucas and McKissic are all looking like relative bargains for what they are getting paid.

True and as much as I don't like Logan Thomas as a TE, he's outperforming all the rookie TEs right now. I still would have liked to be developing there but this was a good bargain basement FA class. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

True and as much as I don't like Logan Thomas as a TE, he's outperforming all the rookie TEs right now. I still would have liked to be developing there but this was a good bargain basement FA class. 

I think we need a “lock” sort of signing at MLB and possibly LT but I wouldn’t mind going to the dollar store for options at TE2, WR2, and some of the other positions of need

• Like 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

I think we need a “lock” sort of signing at MLB and possibly LT but I wouldn’t mind going to the dollar store for options at TE2, WR2, and some of the other positions of need

True. My problem is that I don't know who the lock at MLB is - especially a coverage MLB or an instincts guy. Most of the best players are re-signed unless they want a rediculous amount of money, so we're left wondering if we can get a rotational guy to become a starter and really take over. I would definitely sign one of these guys if possible but also look to the draft for a certain type of LB. I think that I trust Kyle in terms of picking players (even LB) but the problem with going from coach to coach is that you have to learn each coach's style of player. I wonder who is coming out at MLB that we could get in the second and third because those are the guys I want the most right now. One thing I like about JDR is that he emphasizes speed on defense. Hopefully thats something that we look for in both the draft and free agency and hopefully it improves our defense.