Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, zskins said:

The Renegades was an USFL team....lol

Seriously? lol...I either didn't know that or forgot it.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One fun exercise could be to pretend that the name you go with, is a stalwart NFL franchise 20 years from now, and has won multiple SB's, then think of a name.

The Washington FUs still comes in first when I do that lol...

NFL Films Narrator: "They made a stand with their name change 20 years ago...they've been winning ever since."

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 1

The more I think about it, as has been mentioned; the team won't do anything Indian related.   <mod edit>

So, I think we will not use any Indian related name or logo.  I think we go military.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Too JMUish.

Who?

6 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Please don't do any Rooster stuff. The board has been making fun of my Dutch English for years. It took a million jokes to understand tbe difference between roster and rooster...

Maybe we could learn from our sophisticated European brethren and have Zwarte Piet as the mascot? 😜

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 1

Why not go on a whole other direction?  Why not the Washington Independence?  It's patriotic, and ties in with D.C. perfectly.  New colors.  New theme. Something everyone can get behind.

Washington Independence

Washington Destroyers (battleship logo)

Washington Anthem (stars spangled freedom)

10 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Who?

Maybe we could learn from our sophisticated European brethren and have Zwarte Piet as the mascot? 😜

James Madison University.  It's a school in Harrisonburg VA, Gary Clark went there, so did Jimmy Moreland from the current roster

42 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

let's call them the washington bluejays but make the uniforms red and green and have a goldfish for the logo

that'll show 'em

Hmm....I like it!

bluejays.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, carex said:

James Madison University.  It's a school in Harrisonburg VA, Gary Clark went there, so did Jimmy Moreland from the current roster

That was my point. How are they relevant to a NFL team? How many people who didn’t attend JMU would know their nickname.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

someone I believe suggested Washington stealth.  we could have our logo as a SR71 blackbird. 

nothing modern-ish.   No singular names, no concepts

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

The Washington Giant Eagles, just to annoy all the commentators on our division games ;)

You forgot one other teams in our division.... so.... 

The Washington Giant Boys Eagles

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, SmallDaddy said:

Washington Reapers (could have a cool logo with a hooded death/sickle).    

Or,  DC Commanders

I quite like the Reapers but you just know how that will end up if we ever have a player accused of sexual assault....

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One fun exercise could be to pretend that the name you go with, is a stalwart NFL franchise 20 years from now, and has won multiple SB's, then think of a name.

The Washington Vanguard

Script W in DC flag colors

So to follow up on this:

Washington-Vanguard.jpg

Bad, I know, but sort of a rough template. Washington Vanguard. Army reference, DC flag colors, and we get to keep feather designs. Instead of indian headdress feathers, they will be eagle feathers. Just with a better, more fierce looking perched bald eagle, and a better script W

aws4-request-X-Amz-Signed-Headers-host-X

Incorporate the flag somewhere on the pants/sleeve. Can't do much better than this imo. Metallic helmet, like the Patriots/Panthers. Feathers can go anywhere

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

For better or worse as it stands right now our new team name has apparently been narrowed to two options and will have both a Native American and military component.

Rivera, who has been vacationing, said Snyder has been calling him early on many mornings to discuss the name and brainstorm replacements.

“We came up with a couple of names — two of them I really like,” Rivera said, declining to reveal those possibilities.

Rivera said he believes the most important criteria for a new name is that it is respectful of Native American culture and traditions and also is a tribute to the military. The son of an Army officer, Rivera was raised on military bases; he noted that many Native Americans serve in the military, and he believes the new name should reflect that. And he indicated Snyder agrees with that.

Also the following quote makes me think that RedTails is out as a possibility:

“We want to do this in a positive way,” Rivera said, adding that he wants to be sure the name won’t be “a joke.”

Personally RedTails was high on my list but even I see that the name could easily be used as a joke by fans of other teams.

My best guess is that The Warriors is definitely one of the two current finalists although anything can change between now and the announcement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/04/ron-rivera-redskins-name/

Edited by SumTingWong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
Posted (edited)

Well, 100% it is military-related unfortunately. Whatever, it is what it is. It's interesting that the brainstorming seems to purely be a two man show between Rivera and Snyder. Without Bruce, Snyder really has no one else which is a solid situation for Rivera to get to see this thing through, football-wise. He will have a long leash.

It's also implied that the name will still honor Native Americans, and the military--not too many names I can think of that in their mind would do both. And apparently there are two options Rivera likes. One almost has to be Warriors, I guess. 

Imo it is also implied that Rivera is a big big part of this happening, period. He says he's personally been talking to Snyder about it for about a month, but that Snyder has only seriously considered it for the past 2.5 weeks. To me that implies Rivera has been pushing for this and convincing him it's not only right but necessary to move forward and become a winning team without distractions.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 5
  • Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic