Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Posted (edited)

I like  "Washington Villains".....  Dont know what the logo/mascot would be....The Dallas XFL team logo/mascot would be PERFECT. 

During this transitional period, I definitely want us to keep the B&G. But I would absolutely LOVE if we can add a black trim to the uniforms. Been wanting that for YEARS. 

Out of what Ive been hearing the most, I like:

-Red Wolves (Please make the Red Wolves logo look menacing). 

-Warpath (keep the spear logo on the helmet)

-Natives (keep the spear logo on the helmet)

Would LOVE the "Warriors" if Golden St. didnt already have it. I'm a Redskins/sports geek, I watch different sports networks and listen to different sports podcast all the time. And they all mention Golden St. Warriors 100x an episode. Its going to get annoying real quick having my ears perk up everytime I hear "Warriors" only to find that they are talking about Golden St.  I dont care how many other professional sports teams share names, but we not them.  **** that. I'm stingy, all my life good or bad, whenever I heard Redskins/Skins on tv, I knew they were talking us.

As HUGE of a Tuskegee Airmen fan I am (I have a Tuskegee Airmen brown leather bomber jacket I wear every winter), I have to pass on Red Tails. I want to love it, but I dont want our logo to be a jet. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
Posted (edited)

The Washington Stealth

Stealth Jets are pretty cool. 

The Washington Drones... 

icon could a Congressional Committee. No one drones on like they do.

The Washington Wookie

Chewie Lives~!

Edited by Burgold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

-Natives (keep the spear logo on the helmet)

I really like Natives as well. Washington Natives. And the logo. Yep works for me.

Although I did read that ‘natives’ could be interpreted negatively which would cause issues with some. Not entering that debate in his thread, but that was the suggestion.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Pretty sure this won’t end at the mascot... they’ll come after “Washington” soon too../ 

Hmmm...maybe we need to take this in a completely different direction:

DC Destroyers

War horses. Still use our Indian logo but smaller, faded in background. Have the war horse in the main focus. In full war paint. I'm sure this will still upset some. But if it's just the Redskins name they want changed. This could work.

So, I'll probably get grief for this post, but what the heck.

If we decide to change the name then switching it to another Native American based name isn't going to fly. More, it's childish trick that tricks no one. I mean who do we think we're kidding? It's like telling a kid grabbing at a Snickers bar, "You can't have candy," and watching them obediently putting the Snickers away while stuffing a Three Musketeers in their mouth.

"Put away that comic book. No more for you until after you finish your homework!"

"Okay, Mom."

"What are you doing?"

"But Mom! This is X-Men. I was doing Batman before! It's totally different!!!"

If I had my druthers, we would keep the name Redskins. After all, the history of the name is not clear cut and I'm not convinced it is a slur. Native Americans convinced me of that. However, if we need to go down the road of the change, then we need to commit to a real change.

• Like 1

Probably already mentioned many times, but I haven't seen it. There is also a type of peanut called a Redskin. 

I haven't got the time (or skills) to photoshop a logo.

699379708_RedskinPeanuts001.png.aafd841c58e49adcf4aacdb4b9b34087.png

I don’t think referencing native Americans or Native American culture  in a positive light is problematic.  Redskin is a derogatory name and is offensive.  I’m in favor of continuing to honor Native Americans (as was intended when the name Redskin was selected years ago).  With some inclusion from the Native American counsel that opposed the current name they can spin this as a very positive event.   There is something special in the Cowboy-Indian rivalry.  HTTR!

8 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Probably already mentioned many times, but I haven't seen it. There is also a type of peanut called a Redskin. 

Semi-original. :)

Usually, it's a potato.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, I'll probably get grief for this post, but what the heck.

If we decide to change the name then switching it to another Native American based name isn't going to fly. More, it's childish trick that tricks no one. I mean who do we think we're kidding? It's like telling a kid grabbing at a Snickers bar, "You can't have candy," and watching them obediently putting the Snickers away while stuffing a Three Musketeers in their mouth.

"Put away that comic book. No more for you until after you finish your homework!"

"Okay, Mom."

"What are you doing?"

"But Mom! This is X-Men. I was doing Batman before! It's totally different!!!"

If I had my druthers, we would keep the name Redskins. After all, the history of the name is not clear cut and I'm not convinced it is a slur. Native Americans convinced me of that. However, if we need to go down the road of the change, then we need to commit to a real change.

Agreed, Just get away from the Native American theme and it becomes a non issue.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

this does look nice though... W with feather. But can't go with "Scouts"
image.thumb.png.bd92b956c6c1fdd252636e90f8ea764e.png

could work with many of the names Warriors, RedHawks, WarHawks, Braves, etc.

Edited by slinky
49 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Arent those usually called Spanish peanuts...if so..I'm offended for the entire Spanish community

• Haha 2

I didn't read every thread so not sure if this has been mentioned.

Why not Braveskins? Then all can at least still be "Skins" fans.

Put the arrow on the helmet and be done with it.

It would also work with the song. "Hail to the Braveskins".

• Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic