Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

On 7/4/2020 at 11:04 AM, khaozerker said:

Have local native americans come up with a name, and if they all decide to rename the team to the Redskins, then we go with that. Or change the logo to a potato.

Smh. What if another local native american group disagrees? What then?

On 7/4/2020 at 11:04 AM, khaozerker said:

Have local native americans come up with a name, and if they all decide to rename the team to the Redskins, then we go with that. Or change the logo to a potato.

Smh. What if another local native american group disagrees? What then?

Maybe this is already well known, but never realized there was already an Arkansas State Red Wolves football team. They have a mascot named "Howl." Probably puts the dagger into this idea. 

image.png.01e3600145e6758734c6585b8929939f.png

39 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

They wanted the named changed!  It's being changed!   Ironic it would be.  

Ironic is not the word I would use. Sadistic maybe.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I say we skip Washington and DC and call ourselves The National Debt. 

The logo is just a series of numbers, but every week players get a new helmet with a larger number on it. 

Something like this?

Matrix-Numbers.jpg

Who cares if they use a wolf? Their name isn’t The Wolves. It’s their mascot. Heck, we had Chief Zee as an unofficial mascot and they were the Chiefs, not us. Almost guarantee it’s supposed to be a Grey Wolf anyway.

Like it’s been said here, there are multiple bird teams and multiple cat teams. We have Broncos and Colts. We have Cowboys and Texans. Giants and Titans. 

If we want Red Wolves or Redwolves, we should get it. I doubt we do though. 

Another idea, could be using a name that has the initials DC. 

For example the Washington Devil Cats, would be the Washington D. C. for short. Or use DC and then the name. The DC Devil Cats. The DC D. C. 

(Devil Cats is just an example)

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Maybe this is already well known, but never realized there was already an Arkansas State Red Wolves football team. They have a mascot named "Howl." Probably puts the dagger into this idea. 

lots of college and pro teams of other sports leagues share the same nicknames as nfl teams.

Edited by slinky
bleh
  • Like 1
Just now, slinky said:

Washington Red Rover... 

Red Rover, Red Rover... Send the Cowboys on over.

The the Washington Bend Over jokes come rollin in.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't like the Red Tails name, not just for the obvious reason staring us in the face, but if we're known as airplanes or pilots, is that to suggest we have no ground game ?

Yep..that's right, there going to design an offense that involves 0 running backs..2 tight end sets with 6 wr's...you thought the Bills offense was bad ass on super techmobowl..haaa..just wait..

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just want it to be unique, creative, and has some zing to it.

Not something generic like the Nationals

1E7F8F3C-02FE-421D-8846-09DCAFFBDAA0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It has. I plagiarized it ages ago.  I can't remember the poster who originally brought it to our attention, but it's genius.

52754D75-59A9-438B-8BF9-3BD9CA11A5F5.gif

4 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I do think no imagery is an interesting idea, or maybe something that nobody effing understands without having to look it up, like the Steelers logo.

I love the idea of no imagery especially since I want to remove NA imagery and pretty much all the replacements that have been posted are a cross between a junior high art class and a Pokémon 

53 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't like the Red Tails name, not just for the obvious reason staring us in the face, but if we're known as airplanes or pilots, is that to suggest we have no ground game ?

I feel like this looking way too far into a name and I hope that’s not what anyone is actually doing. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, VRIEL1 said:

I'm not a fan of changing the name. But ...I'd guess the cheapest way to do it is to change the name and keep the logo and colors. If your going to change the name and logo then I'm for changing the colors as well. 

I'm sure there are fans that won't agree with me. The beloved Maroon and Gold. I love the colors but if your going to get rid of 2 out of 3 you might as well go all in. Let the fans wear their Redskins gear to the park in protest.

I look at the Capitals- Red, White, and Blue. I look at the Wizards- Red, White, and Blue. I look at the Nats- Red, White, and Blue. Then there is the Redskins. Id prefer if your going to change, change it all and make them Red, White, and Blue as well. They are the team in our Nations Capital. Sorry I know people will hate this idea but if the team is making a big change then go all in. You can still call them the Redtails and be Red, White, and Blue.

I do think it would be cool to align all the cities colors but when I think of Washington football I’ll always want burgundy and gold- and I don’t even like those colors (ketchup and mustard).

I’d like to go to the colors from the alternate jerseys from a few years back with the dark burgundy and actual gold for whatever new team name we use.

• Like 1

1-Washington Pro Football  

2-Washington Districts

3-Washington Americans 

Change the colors to Red White and Blue like every other team in town, avoid any Native American imagery connection

Posted (edited)

The only acceptable name change in my mind is going back to our original name...the Braves.

From what I can tell...this is not a movement backed by a majority of the people that are supposed to be offended. If memory serves me correctly, it was the washington post (who was very much in the change the name group) found that over 90% of Native Americans supported the name with many if not most of them being proud that their heritage was out there. So if the name Redskins makes you blush...then go back to Braves. And BTW...the native American friends that I do have found Chiefs to be a more offensive name then Redskins since Chief was a title and Redskins were Warriors.

Edited by Xameil
  • Thanks 2
  • Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic