Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Call them what you want.  I have never, ever called the basketball team anything  other than the "Bullets."   Same situation here.  I just hope somehow colors and logo remain.   So ridiculous.  So sad.

• Like 2

Someone who is creative might be able to find a name or symbol that could represent the fact that Go Go music was created there and kind of pay respect to that in a team name 

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Same dude who did the previous Red Wolves made an updated “cleaner” look. Thoughts?

Wolves have toenails, not claws, so the slash marks are out of place.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, c slag said:

Someone who is creative might be able to find a name or symbol that could represent the fact that Go Go music was created there and kind of pay respect to that in a team name 

Washington Throat Clearers

I think the team needs to release a poll with names they like. This way, if it sucks and people hate it, we have nobody to get mad at but the people who voted for it. I just don't want Ron taking any heat for the name, he doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I still think the obvious choice is Warriors.  I think people are nuts thinking the team name will be RedHawks or RedWolves.  Even more nuts to think an NFL team would be called the WartHogs or WarPigs LOL I’m just saying, think reasonably here.  Out of all the names considered only Warriors seems like a professional sports team name.  And so what an NBA team is the Warriors?  Multiple professional sports teams throughout the major leagues share the same team names.... NY/SF Giants, Arizona/St. Louis Cardinals, Texas/NY Rangers, Carolina/Florida Panthers, LA/Sacramento Kings, NY/Winnipeg Jets... Actually quite surprised a great team name like Warriors isn’t already in use by an NFL franchise especially considering we are talking about a gladiator sport in FOOTBALL!!!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 5

I'm not a fan of changing the name. But ...I'd guess the cheapest way to do it is to change the name and keep the logo and colors. If your going to change the name and logo then I'm for changing the colors as well. 

I'm sure there are fans that won't agree with me. The beloved Maroon and Gold. I love the colors but if your going to get rid of 2 out of 3 you might as well go all in. Let the fans wear their Redskins gear to the park in protest.

I look at the Capitals- Red, White, and Blue. I look at the Wizards- Red, White, and Blue. I look at the Nats- Red, White, and Blue. Then there is the Redskins. Id prefer if your going to change, change it all and make them Red, White, and Blue as well. They are the team in our Nations Capital. Sorry I know people will hate this idea but if the team is making a big change then go all in. You can still call them the Redtails and be Red, White, and Blue.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Problem with that is there is no "Red" to be found.  That's a biiiiiig problem, unless we roll with "BurgundyWolves," or just "Wolves." 

If it's the first choice, well, I'd rather die of ebola

Its 2020 dude. Be careful what you wish for 😬🤐

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, MartinC said:

You do know the 300 lost right? (Also there were over 5000 of them).

Fair enough. I don't really care all that much about the movie or the actual "300". Phalanx is simply an impregnable battle formation and an original name for a football team. But sure go Redwhatevers...

10 hours ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Thoughts on this? The logo looks like the current logo with a wolf head and pelt over it, which I have read is a no no, not sure if i like the number design but kinda like the paw prints if they were smaller.

20200706_200259.jpg

i think this is pretty sharp, I really like it. I'd remove the paw print on the shoulder and replace them with horizontal claw marks behind the shoulder number .

I can tell you one thing, If the Redskins think they are going to change the name , logo and team colors while retaining 100% of the fanbase they are in for a rude awaking. 

• Like 2
Just now, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

i think this is pretty sharp, I really like it. I'd remove the paw print on the shoulder and replace them with horizontal claw marks behind the shoulder number .

I can tell you one thing, If the Redskins think they are going to change the name , logo and team colors while retaining 100% of the fanbase they are in for a rude awaking. 

I think it's sharp, but if the problem is Native American iconography then you've jumped from the frying pan to the fire. This uni gets you nowhere.

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think the team needs to release a poll with names they like. This way, if it sucks and people hate it, we have nobody to get mad at but the people who voted for it. I just don't want Ron taking any heat for the name, he doesn't deserve it. 

You must have missed the 2016 election.  Bunch of people didn’t show up and blamed everyone but themselves for the results. 

Changing the colors makes zero sense to me. Burgundy and Gold are the true identity of this team so why change it.

To me, any other color scheme will seem cheesy, especially red, white, and blue (throws up in mouth).

This doesn't need to be overly complicated, the logo and name are the issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Changing the colors makes zero sense to me. Burgundy and Gold are the true identity of this team so why change it.

To me, any other color scheme will seem cheesy, especially red, white, and blue (throws up in mouth).

This doesn't need to be overly complicated, the logo and name are the issue.

Agree. Need to retain the B&G.....but also have a good look at redesigning the uniforms.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Every joke in this thread is flat awful.

I knew coming into this thread there would be tons of "dad joke" level humor in here.  It's overflowing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm bumping The Washington Burgundy and Gold back up!

For years fans and people in the area have from time to time referred to the team as The Burgundy and Gold and you would know what exactly they were referring to.  Imagine being in the stadium when they are adding a former member of the team into the Ring of Honor.  The announcer would be able to say "this person was a great player for many years for The Burgundy and Gold".  That would still feel like we were honoring are great Redskins past.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I like the name Redwolves, but for the love of god, Wolves DO NOT have sharp claws. Claw marks should be nowhere near any Redwolves uniform or logo in the unlikely event Snyder goes with something cool instead of the generic warriors which we all sense coming. Claw marks on a wolf branding is dumb. It's the equivalent of the rams putting wings on their helmet. It doesn't make any sense.

Cats (inc big cats) have sharp claws because they can retract them. So Jags, Panthers, Bengals can accurately use claw marks etc  Wolves, canines, bears etc have blunt claws because they can't retract them so they're always being worn down as they walk. In addition to this, wolves don't use their claws to attack. Period. They bite.

http://www.wolfcountry.net/information/WolfObserved.html

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

I'm bumping The Washington Burgundy and Gold back up!

For years fans and people in the area have from time to time referred to the team as The Burgundy and Gold and you would know what exactly they were referring to.  Imagine being in the stadium when they are adding a former member of the team into the Ring of Honor.  The announcer would be able to say "this person was a great player for many years for The Burgundy and Gold".  That would still feel like we were honoring are great Redskins past.

I don't hate it at all.  It's different and honestly I like it. Never going to happen based on what we have heard but it sounds sharp to me.

• Like 1

Apparently a group of tribal leaders demanded of Goodell that not only all NA names be removed from teams, but also all NA imagery. Don't know how much traction that will get, but it makes me want "RedWolves" even more. 

There is a clear connection there to NA culture that's implicit in the name, but it's not overt. It's not something that's going to be protested like using the logo would still be by some or putting a spear or something on the helmet again. To me, it's the best solution to still preserving SOME connection to NA heritage (albeit a very vague one) and yet not being overt at all about it. 

Plus, as I've said many times in this thread, I love the fact that there's a Marvel Native American superhero called "Red Wolf." As someone who REALLY wants that NA tie-in to the team, that would satisfy me. Plus, it's a far more unique name than "Warriors." 

Would probably have to dump "HTTR", though, unless someone can convince people to spell this "Redwolves." 

• Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic