Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

I know it's not my place to post about this (being a Dallas cowboys fan) but I would love to see the Redskins organization teach the league and the snowflake cancel culture a lesson. Change it to the Washington Allskins. Because, you know, all skins matter. It's inclusive and it tells the PC mob to drop dead at the same time. 

• Confused 2
6 minutes ago, VCDefectors said:

I know it's not my place to post about this (being a Dallas cowboys fan) but I would love to see the Redskins organization teach the league and the snowflake cancel culture a lesson. Change it to the Washington Allskins. Because, you know, all skins matter. It's inclusive and it tells the PC mob to drop dead at the same time. 

But then, you Dallas fans would still call us Foreskins or Deadskins. One of the criteria for the new name, IMO, should be one that cannot easily make a joke out of us.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

How about the Bugels?

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why?

I see the connection.

Bugels are a sort of musical battle cry

11 minutes ago, VCDefectors said:

original.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
37 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Washington Generals are who the Harlem Globetrotters used to always beat the crap out of. No thanks!

Its basically the perfect fit for a 3-13 team tho. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
28 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

When I hear "Warriors" I can't help but think of A Clockwork Orange "warriors, come out to play!"

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

How about just going ultra simple and calling the team "The District"?

No "Washington", no "D.C.". Just The District. Maybe officially it would be The District Football Team. Make the uniforms simple and based on the D.C. flag. Song could be "Hail to the District", etc.

5 hours ago, sportsnut said:

Keeping on point with the thread subject only, the name warriors has the same problem as the chiefs, braves, and blackhawks.  Not as problematic as redskins, but still problematic to some.  If we are going to change, there is merit in a full change and disassociation with Native American culture so that we don’t find ourselves having to change it again down the road.

EVERY name will be deemed offensive at some point. Just a matter of when.  Guessing that eventually it will be city and "football club" for each team.

51 minutes ago, VCDefectors said:

I could see this ending up like the Halloween South Park episode where Cartman goes to school dressed like Hitler. The school flips, dresses him like a "ghost" and he ends up looking like a KKK member.

3 minutes ago, kwitt said:

EVERY name will be deemed offensive at some point. Just a matter of when.  Guessing that eventually it will be city and "football club" for each team.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that football will cease to exist in its current form before every teams' name is a variation of Location/Football Club.

Hey people crying about the optics surrounding the name change, can you please take it to the tailgate so this thread won't get shutdown? Thanks much!

• Like 3

Only names that starts with R should apply:

Russians

Riverboats

Rancors

Raccoons

Rabbits

Reds

Rambos

Rhubarbs

Rocks

Rockers

Rednecks

Rampage

Rain

Ragdolls

Rainbow

Railroad

Revenge

Random

Well...

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Russians

Riverboats

Rancors

Raccoons

Rabbits

Reds

Rambos

Rhubarbs

Rocks

Rockers

Rednecks

Rampage

Rain

Ragdolls

Rainbow

Railroad

Revenge

Random

Well...

Razorbacks! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, VCDefectors said:

If it has to have Skins in it, then Sorry bud, but ExtremeSkins will prevail in this case :)

1 hour ago, VCDefectors said:

And this is why your a cowboys fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Red Tribe or Red Pride

cross post from Hogs Haven-

We could keep the colors, fight song, HTTR and icon. It’s more unique than warriors and retains a connection to the redskins name while replacing the offensive part of the name with something that inspires unity and inclusion.

Besides being a Redskins fan since childhood, I went to FSU and am a diehard Seminoles fan. I’ve seen both organizations first hand.

If the team could establish a relationship with a tribe like FSU has then that would be best I think. FSU uses Seminole symbols on their team uniforms which is pretty cool. The Seminole Nation’s pride in being unconquered is reflected by the school. Chief Osceola is depicted in traditional Seminole garb on horseback with a flaming spear to start each home game. The school and the tribe have a close relationship and support each other in a lot of ways. It takes time to cultivate a relationship like that.

The Redskins organization has not invested the time and consideration that is necessary to establish a relationship with a specific tribe like FSU has. They need to start down that road now. The Redskins need to do more than adopting a passing reference to Native American icons and heritage. Maybe the relationship does not have to be as deep as the one FSU has with the Seminole tribe, but they need to do more than they have. The Redskins lack of effort in this area in the past has put them in a bad position. They have few or no allies in the Native American community, nor does any part of that broad community have a voice in the Redskins organization.

The alternative is to abandon all Native American reference, which throws away a big part of the teams history and identity. If the team wants to retain its heritage then it is going to have to put some work into it. If the team is just looking to do the typical cost effective corporate marketing approach then they should just discard it all and start fresh as the Washington Whatevers. Personally I would hate to see this.

If the team does want to retain a connection to its heritage and history, then adopting Red Pride or Red Tribe now on an interim basis would be good so it could be kept later (as an ‘unofficial’ reference or nickname) even when/if the team name was later changed to something else entirely, like a tribal name. It would give the Redskins organization time to cultivate a relationship with a tribe or tribes and to make decisions regarding the name, icons etc with the input of the people whose culture is meant to be honored

Red tails is just sounding a little to close to home.  It represents collectively, on all fronts, what has been happening to this team. 

Some minor suggestions could be Red Warriors

My personal favorite as kind of a “**** you” would be the Washington Militia with a musket for a for an emblem like the spear on our old uniforms.  Not exactly paying tribute to Native Americans, but neither is trying to erase every name we have to remember them by. (Besides I can dream can’t I).

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Pretty much, and most sound awful.

I know, right? I'm not sure which is worse, that or Monuments. 

Monuments....is 100x worse.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Russians

Riverboats

Rancors

Raccoons

Rabbits

Reds

Rambos

Rhubarbs