Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dammit...another cliche about aging that's true ime is the older you get and the more you seem to see your lifelong icons die off it has an impact

i first knew of carl from the dick van dyke show as a kid , but then started watching reruns of the earlier show of shows ...and of course it goes on and on with him and credits...so so many big ones  (see his wiki page if nothing else)...and years after so many other great works, when one of my comic heroes back in the day, steve martin, broke into movies, it was carl co-writing/directing/producing/tutoring on the jerk, and on one my all time faves---dead men don't wear plaid

rip, amigo...another national treasure for real

• Like 3

Timeless comedy is the rarest thing.  So much that seems funny in the moment gets dated really fast.  His stuff lasts, and still works.  He was brilliant.  

• Like 2

I true star among stars. He was the source of so much great entertaining. I first remember him from the Dick Van Dyke show. For those that do not know, the premise of the story is based on his real life. He played the main character in the original pilot. He realized he was part of the problem and stepped back and got Dick Van Dyke to play the main role. That was how little ego he had. 

The stories of his genuine kindnesses are endless. 

RIP to another great ICON, Carl Reiner!!   

• Like 1
On 6/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, goskins10 said:

I true star among stars. He was the source of so much great entertaining. I first remember him from the Dick Van Dyke show. For those that do not know, the premise of the story is based on his real life. He played the main character in the original pilot. He realized he was part of the problem and stepped back and got Dick Van Dyke to play the main role. That was how little ego he had. 

The stories of his genuine kindnesses are endless. 

RIP to another great ICON, Carl Reiner!!   

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Carl Reiner Clip.

There is actually a bit of a back story on how Mary Tyler Moore even came to audition. They had gone through all these women and no one was right. Then Danny Thomas remembered this girl "with 3 names" who had auditioned the year before to play his daughter in Make Room for Daddy. But he said she didn't have a big enough nose to play the part.. 🙂  

So Danny Thomas remembered her and had her come in an audition. The rest as they say is history. 

I just found this and had to add it - the rest of that scene where Laura has outed his baldness.

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1