Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secretly Hoping 2020 Season Canceled???

Renegade7

Do you want 2020 Redskins season is canceled???  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 2020 Redskins season canceled?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Too Conflicted to answer, pass
    • Too Early to Answer, ask me later

On 7/10/2020 at 12:42 PM, carex said:

NFL getting revenue from games being watched is different than a single individual's money going into their pockets.  I watch games on TV on Dish Network but it's not as though the NFL is the reason I have Dish

The NFL and specifically Sunday Ticket is the reason I have DirecTV.

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The tailgate is a toxic place full of many vile and hateful threads not all, but most . I had the displeasure of discovering that section of the website a year or so ago . Getting banned from that place should be worn as a badge of honor and only reinforces you still have your sanity and are capable of critical thinking. I'v also learned to use the "ignore" button which will filter out most of the nonsense . 

If you like speaking on a matter and it’s not with the popular opinion you likely get run out of the thread. Plus some can say whatever and it’s fine but others are on a tight leash. I go by there occasionally but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If you like speaking on a matter and it’s not with the popular opinion you likely get run out of the thread. Plus some can say whatever and it’s fine but others are on a tight leash. I go by there occasionally but that’s it. 

Right here 👋

3 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The tailgate is a toxic place full of many vile and hateful threads not all, but most . I had the displeasure of discovering that section of the website a year or so ago . Getting banned from that place should be worn as a badge of honor and only reinforces you still have your sanity and are capable of critical thinking. I'v also learned to use the "ignore" button which will filter out most of the nonsense . 

So what you're really trying to say is is I should feel honored? 

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Right here 👋

So what you're really trying to say is is I should feel honored? 

Maybe? Honestly too much circle jerking in the threads there.  Like atleast here someone will ask for elaborating in the stadium.  There it’s just a gang attack.  You wonder why society hates open discussion on topics.  Anyway back on topic. 

God, I am so ready for some football. Please don't let the season be canceled. Unless we trade our second 3rd rounder for Njoku before the season, and are able to grab Penei Sewell in the draft and then have the 2nd pick in every other round and an extra year for Reuben Foster, Bryce Love and Derrius Guice to get healthy. Just kidding. I want football. 

I've got a new reason for wanting season canceled with Harmon tearing his ACL:

There's no way these players are in the shape necessary to reduce injuries.  

If they get thrown out their physically and mentally unprepared with a franchise that has a history or large IR lists, expect that number to go up not down.

ACL is no joke, who else want to stunt or stop their career over a season that is almost. 100% going to get stunted or stopped at rate we are going if it even starts at all?

Agreed.

There's too much blood everywhere to get cleaned up before training camp.

Theres no way to promise if Snyder is pushed out that the new owner will let Rivera keep the same power he has.

My hope is he was trying to clean it up, so the new owner says "I know you were given the keys and now the car is totalled, but you tried to save it, so heres a new car, please drive carefully."

Otherwise, he'll give up and resign with a contract mess from a canceled season.

For once, I wish our players could jus focus on playing football. It wont be this year.

I think the virus will take care of the season.

You think a non-season will wipe away our problems?

If the 2021 is able to be played; we would still have problems going into the 2021 season.

It would still be Ron's first real year as  coach.  He would still have determine which players will become his Skins.

We would still have to determine who earns the starting QB job. Will Haskins be able to show, he was worth us picking him up?

Missing the entire 2020 season, what condition will the players be in 2021?

We would have 2 entire draft classes to incorporate into the team.

Say, the Skins have a Top 2 pick again; do we get on the Top QBs next year and bail on Haskins?

If the team has new ownership next; does Rivera remain coach. Will the new owner want us to draft a new QB and dump Haskins?

I personally don't think there will be a season but I am hoping for at least a partial season, if possible.  See what we have &

whoever is leading the team in 2021; can build from there.  

So no ****..does anyone by chance know what would happen if the season got canceled?...would we draft #2 over all again in 2021..if the nfl season is cancelled one would have to think so would college....soooo than what players would be eligible for the draft?..how would it work that way on the college end?

On 7/16/2020 at 6:54 AM, justice98 said:

Trying to keep the org focused on winning with all this mayhem swirling around seems like a tall order.  

I bet you there is more mayhem at ES than there is at Redskins Park right now. None of the accused remain. The entire coaching staff is new. The virus has kept pretty much everyone away from the park anyway so there can’t be too much chatter or awkwardness other than guys texting each other and stuff. It doesn’t appear there are any criminal charges pending and probably nothing substantial coming from the league. I imagine the result of the lawyer inquiry will be some

level of lack of institutional control and a recommendation to beef up HR and make protocols for these matters more clear to all employees. The team will release these recommendations and announce they are following them. And that’s that. 

Assuming there is training camp and football to be played, I imagine that’s where the focus will be for those at the park. Remember when it comes to the majority of the guys in the locker room now, most are either brand new or relatively new to the franchise. I don’t imagine this is going to effect them much at all. And as far the name change and new branding go, that will probably excite most of them. Young players with no deep ties to the Redskins likely love the fact that they are going to get some new looks. 

I think the deep emotions/anger/frustration you feel here is mostly from fans, media, etc that have been around the team a long time. For these new cats in the building? It’s probably a big meh. 

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So no ****..does anyone by chance know what would happen if the season got canceled?...would we draft #2 over all again in 2021..if the nfl season is cancelled one would have to think so would college....soooo than what players would be eligible for the draft?..how would it work that way on the college end?

I think if there's no college football for 2020; the nfl will have a draft lottery to determine draft position.

If there's spring college football; I don't think you will see the top prospects play. 

Okay, I think we've finally reached a scenario where I could dig the season being canceled, but it would be based on a few realities. I would be okay if the season were canceled to a) protect the players and b) do a full demo job on the ownership.

If, and the momentum doesn't seem to be there for this, the politicians, advertisers, etc. put enough pressure on the NFL that they force a sale which requires a rebuild of the organization from the ground up (mind you, that's been done on the field and maybe on the scouting side) then the team may just need a mulligan year before it can get its act together. So, if Snyder is canned, the NFL can take a year off.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/18/nfl-confirms-training-camp-schedule-with-all-camps-open-july-28/

Looks like we are at least getting some training camp. I'm looking forward to reports of Chase Young and Saahdiq Charles going head to head. Also, if training camp is opening in 10 days, even if not to the public, we have to be getting the new name and logo soon, yes?

Training camp starts in 10 days and my prediction is we will see positive tests of covid-19... maybe a couple of your bigwig players mainly just Camp bodies and I think Camp goes well and we see at least one preseason game maybe two who's ready for some case young? I know I am

I'm just fine going all summer without hockey or basketball or baseball and I think I've even mentioned being fine going without football...

Especially with it being announced that training camp is going to start on time with all 32 teams and the 4th of July behind us basically putting summer to an end with each passing day I'm starting to get sick to my stomach thinking there might not be a season..

Like most of you I don't have a life so I need a distraction and that is football in the fall.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, Burgold said:

Okay, I think we've finally reached a scenario where I could dig the season being canceled, but it would be based on a few realities. I would be okay if the season were canceled to a) protect the players and b) do a full demo job on the ownership.

exactly where I’m at. 

it’s not safe, the players union will see to that. And we have bigger issues to resolve. 

I said earlier no way. Today, yeah, I'm fine with it being canceled. I prefer we spend the year continuing to focus on getting our owner kicked to the curb, then deal with the rebrand, come back in 2021 with new owner, new name, new hope (aka, EP IV). 

Less than a week into the MLB season they’ve already had to cancel games as at least 8 Marlin players tested positive for corona virus. 

Baseball is essentially a no-contact sport. I don’t see any way, barring draconian isolation measures, that the NFL,with its face to face contact can possibly play a full season and quite frankly that’s fine with me.

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yall gonna be disappointed when the season happens..

Pretty sure nobody here is going to be disappointed. They’re NFL fans, why would they be disappointed about a season happening? That’s silly. Come the **** on. 

you DO realize it IS possible to both be an NFL fan wanting a season to happen, AND being a realist and knowing in the back of your mind that a full season isn’t realistic. You DO realize this, right? 

Archived