Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secretly Hoping 2020 Season Canceled???

Renegade7

Do you want 2020 Redskins season is canceled???  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 2020 Redskins season canceled?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Too Conflicted to answer, pass
    • Too Early to Answer, ask me later

3 hours ago, carex said:

where are you watching the games?  Cause if you aren't at the stadium, you aren't paying jack

There's paid television subscriptions/services, there's financially supporting sponsors on free television, financially supporting by watching at bars, there's paid online viewing subscriptions, etc

Stadium isn't the only way the NFL brings in revenue from games being watched ; That's all I'm sayin

On 7/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, crabbypatty said:

I hope there's no nfl season this year just because of all the sjw nonsense this year.

I watch sports for top level competition, not leftist political bull****. If they want to politic they can do it on their time and their dime, not mine.

I vote for cancel.

I won’t get into a political side but I agree I’d be amused to see it happen honestly after some of the bs going on. 

3 hours ago, carex said:

where are you watching the games?  Cause if you aren't at the stadium, you aren't paying jack

But the teams are still profitable. The network stations are deathly afraid of losing their NFL audience this season. Those numbers and profits are huge for them. And those contracts are huge for the NFL. NFL teams will lose a lot of hypothetical money if there are no teams in the stands. That only means they will make LESS money. They will still make a ton of money off of their TV contracts. And that doesn’t happen if there is no season. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's paid television subscriptions/services, there's financially supporting sponsors on free television, financially supporting by watching at bars, there's paid online viewing subscriptions, etc

Stadium isn't the only way the NFL brings in revenue from games being watched ; That's all I'm sayin

NFL getting revenue from games being watched is different than a single individual's money going into their pockets.  I watch games on TV on Dish Network but it's not as though the NFL is the reason I have Dish

46 minutes ago, carex said:

NFL getting revenue from games being watched is different than a single individual's money going into their pockets.  I watch games on TV on Dish Network but it's not as though the NFL is the reason I have Dish

A single individual's money is pocket change to the NFL.  

58 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Now an owner of a nfl team has covid 19..Michael Bidwell of the cardinals...hospitalized.

Yeah. Should be released this weekend though. 

what’s worse is Devin White, of the bucs, is apparently going to be hosting a party with 2,000 people expected to attend. how stupid do you have to be to throw a party with 2,000 people during a pandemic??? Do you WANT to have a season, moron? 

edit: it’s a charity, so it’s not a house party, sounds like it’s at some stable in Louisiana. But the article i saw says that the mayor said 2,000 people are expected on the 20-acre property, and that no COVID-19 precautions are required, or will be enforced. still sounds pretty silly to even have this charity event, with the pandemic still going on. 

On 7/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, crabbypatty said:

I hope there's no nfl season this year just because of all the sjw nonsense this year.

I watch sports for top level competition, not leftist political bull****. If they want to politic they can do it on their time and their dime, not mine.

I vote for cancel.

Then NFL should stop playing the anthem before games and stop acting like a running ad for the military then to make it even.  

Don't worry we will have no politics in Football at this rate...by not having Football.

Canceling the season so the team doesn't have to focus on social issues isn't going to work if we have to change the name over social issues, is what it is.

Folks just going to have to get used to sports and politics being bed-fellows, not something I believe should be on the list of reasons to cancel because they'll be just as hog-tied together whenever we do play again. Wishful thinking hoping for otherwise, might as well let it go and make the most of it.

Not protesting benefits the fans more then the players. PM me if you feel differently or bump a tailgate thread. I don't want to add anymore to this here because it won't help and will get this thread closed.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. Should be released this weekend though. 

what’s worse is Devin White, of the bucs, is apparently going to be hosting a party with 2,000 people expected to attend. how stupid do you have to be to throw a party with 2,000 people during a pandemic??? Do you WANT to have a season, moron? 

edit: it’s a charity, so it’s not a house party, sounds like it’s at some stable in Louisiana. But the article i saw says that the mayor said 2,000 people are expected on the 20-acre property, and that no COVID-19 precautions are required, or will be enforced. still sounds pretty silly to even have this charity event, with the pandemic still going on. 

I seen that too...im sure white will catch some flack for that

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

Are we playing you guys this year if there is a season? It seems like we lose to the Skins a lot.

Nope i dont think so. We play a team in your division though who finished in the same place in the standings as we did (4th), so we play the lions. But that’s week 10, and i doubt the season even gets to that point 

51 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope i dont think so. We play a team in your division though who finished in the same place in the standings as we did (4th), so we play the lions. But that’s week 10, and i doubt the season even gets to that point 

You looked confused to my response to the Packer fan... which confuses me because I don't understand how it's confusing that it's the same thing every year

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

You looked confused to my response to the Packer fan... which confuses me because I don't understand how it's confusing that it's the same thing every year

Oh i thought you were saying “here we go again” as a way of saying you’re annoyed he’s posting here 😂 hence my confusion, since he’s a good guy :P 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, carex said:

I've decided I'm not going to support the nfl as a whole for two reasons.. first for anything to do with anything due to the name nonsense (which is complete bull****, they're being blackballed all to hell)

However as for the larger NFL issue, I'm not going to pay into sjw bull****. They want to use this as a platform for political nonsense.. how convenient.

I don't see any of them doing anything on their own time/dime.. because that would inconvenience them and their comfy "privileged" millions per year. . It's easier to do it on someone else's dime.. which is MINE.. and it's complete bull****.

If the "players" felt so strongly about it they'd be protesting and doing whatever they could 24/7, besides stupid Richard Sherman ****s about this and that.

These players feel soooo strongly about it they take the time to type out a few sentences on social media vs putting their money where their mouths are.. how heroic.

**** the nfl. I won't be supporting them with a single penny any longer.

Why am I posting this? Good question. I check the board out every now and again to see what's going on, but I refuse to send any of my money to ****bag companies like nike, amazon, etc who will brazenly blackball an organization to further their leftist agenda and appear to look good for the social media masses.. when really they don't give a ****.. see nike and their child labor overseas issues. They'll exploit people when it's convenient. I guarantee if their shoes were made in africa instead of asia they would have zero qualms about it.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:52 PM, Renegade7 said:

Then NFL should stop playing the anthem before games and stop acting like a running ad for the military then to make it even.  

Don't worry we will have no politics in Football at this rate...by not having Football.

Canceling the season so the team doesn't have to focus on social issues isn't going to work if we have to change the name over social issues, is what it is.

Folks just going to have to get used to sports and politics being bed-fellows, not something I believe should be on the list of reasons to cancel because they'll be just as hog-tied together whenever we do play again. Wishful thinking hoping for otherwise, might as well let it go and make the most of it.

Not protesting benefits the fans more then the players. PM me if you feel differently or bump a tailgate thread. I don't want to add anymore to this here because it won't help and will get this thread closed.

I agree. The nfl should stop with the anthem and their faux military nonsense.

They talk out of both sides of their mouths when it's convenient.

As for the tailgate, I was banned from there because I dared to oppose the groupthink and be pro gun and pro Trump.. gasp.

The idea of something like that near the beltway gives some the vapors. The tailgate is a giant hypocritical morass.. there are a few cons there, but they have to tread carefully lest they get banned and stamped out by the overwhelming leftist sentiment in there.. so I avoid it.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

This seems to be in line with current CDC guidelines after we have learned for about this.  For example, my work had our first Covid case at the beginning of April.  We had to send home everyone who worked in close proximity to them.  We have had a few cases since then, and we no longer have to do that on our end.  A person can elect to self-quarantine, but we also can't confirm who the person is.  The CDC also rolled back recommendations to sanitize surfaces every 30 minutes to every hour due to learning more about the virus.

The good news is that proper sanitization, frequent hand-washing and social distancing means that no one else caught Covid from those people.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, Renegade7 said:

The poster you are replying to will not be PM’ing or replying to anyone on this Board again. We do not allow politics in the Stadium nor do we allow troll level rants of idiocy anywhere.

General warning - keep politics out of the Stadium and if you feel the need to scream nonsense at the moon do it in private and in a place that does not annoy anyone else.

11 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

As for the tailgate, I was banned from there because I dared to oppose the groupthink and be pro gun and pro Trump.. gasp.

The idea of something like that near the beltway gives some the vapors. The tailgate is a giant hypocritical morass.. there are a few cons there, but they have to tread carefully lest they get banned and stamped out by the overwhelming leftist sentiment in there.. so I avoid it.

The tailgate is a toxic place full of many vile and hateful threads not all, but most . I had the displeasure of discovering that section of the website a year or so ago . Getting banned from that place should be worn as a badge of honor and only reinforces you still have your sanity and are capable of critical thinking. I'v also learned to use the "ignore" button which will filter out most of the nonsense . 

Archived