Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secretly Hoping 2020 Season Canceled???

Do you want 2020 Redskins season is canceled???  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want 2020 Redskins season canceled?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Too Conflicted to answer, pass
    • Too Early to Answer, ask me later

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If we're gonna be in quarantine again in the fall because of the second wave it would suck 1000x worse if there wasn't NFL football to at least keep us sane one day a week.

*3 days a week*, which is even better 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Are you from the area where the Washington Nationals are?..Didnt they just win the world series?...I truly am very happy for all y'all Nats fans and if your just itching to get nats b ball back I completely respect that man...didnt mean to be a debbie downer..

Me personally ? Originally from that area, but not a Nats fan. Yep they won the World Series. If ya wanna know how crazy the rest of the Skins fans are about the Nats championship, just go to the Tailgate and,...oh wait, sorry...guess you can't do that :(

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Me personally ? Originally from that area, but not a Nats fan. Yep they won the World Series. If ya wanna know how crazy the rest of the Skins fans are about the Nats championship, just go to the Tailgate and,...oh wait, sorry...guess you can't do that :(

Ahhh hahaha wise guy ehhh...last thing I wanna do in the tailgate is talk baseball....how long am I banned from the tailgate? 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Do the skins play 3 times a week?!!?!?!..pffff..uhhh..geeze... 

sigh. You misunderstood it 😂 @Warhead36 said NFL football one day a week, not redskins football. Therefore, 3 days a week (Thursday, Sunday, Monday), not one day a week. 

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Fauci doesn’t seem to think football will be happening unless players are kept isolated and tested every day. Not that he’s the end all be all but it definitely makes things sound grim 

Yeah, I dont see how they're going to pull it off. I trust Fauci's opinion. I just dont see how they can logistically do this? Traveling, lodging, etc.

What happens if states have to shut down again?

What happens when 4 or 5 players on a team test positive. What happens if Patrick Mahomes tests positive and has to isolate for 2-3 weeks?

It is going to be a logistical nightmare! I just dont see it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

sigh. You misunderstood it 😂@Warhead36 said NFL football one day a week, not redskins football. Therefore, 3 days a week (Thursday, Sunday, Monday), not one day a week. 

Huh?!?!..😂😄😂😄😂😄😂😄🤣🤣🤣🤣..don't understand how your not getting it...nfl football...theee absolutely only team that comes to my mind is the Washington Redskins...that's all the nfl is about and last time I checked the skins only play once a god damn week..now tell me who is misunderstood here..are you confused when it comes to who the nfl Is all about?...the ****in Redskins that's it..not the cowpukes or the ****riots or the steelers or your damn brother's titans but the damn Redskins..now hail on ****es!!

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Huh?!?!..😂😄😂😄😂😄😂😄🤣🤣🤣🤣..don't understand how your not getting it...nfl football...theee absolutely only team that comes to my mind is the Washington Redskins...that's all the nfl is about and last time I checked the skins only play once a god damn week..now tell me who is misunderstood here..are you confused when it comes to who the nfl Is all about?...the ****in Redskins that's it..not the cowpukes or the ****riots or the steelers or your damn brother's titans but the damn Redskins..now hail on ****es!!

This isn’t about what you think the NFL is about, @Warhead36 said one day a week, i was responding to him with the correction of THREE days a week, since he said NFL. NFL consists 3 days where the league has games, that is what i was commenting on, and  i guarantee you, everyone EXCEPT YOU understood what i was talking about. Good lord this is the stupidest debate 😂😂😂😂 NFL (AS A WHOLE) is 3 days a week, and everyone knows it, no matter your view of every other team. 

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This isn’t about what you think the NFL is about, @Warhead36 said one day a week, i was responding to him with the correction of THREE days a week, since he said NFL. NFL consists 3 days where the league has games, that is what i was commenting on, and  i guarantee you, everyone EXCEPT YOU understood what i was talking about. Good lord this is the stupidest debate 😂😂😂😂 NFL (AS A WHOLE) is 3 days a week, and everyone knows it, no matter your view of every other team. 

Your to much man..i guarantee you i should be capitalized...you know I'm ****in around man..I knew what you meant...dont get in the god damn way of my homerism..

And I **** you not I dreamt of Cooley fan last night... I was in a restaurant of some sort sitting next to a guy who had a Titans hat on and was talking about how he had a heck of a time finding the right hat to fit his head and so I turned to him and said how was your ego(totally joking around)when you were selecting the Hat...just like I did here...than you turned and said uhh bakedtater?..I said yeah with a chuckle and you had a look on your face that I imagine you would have if meeting me...it was ridiculous haha

So back on topic... what's everybody's thoughts and predictions on what would happen if the NFL season was canceled this year.... what would happen next year... I would have to think if NFL is canceled so is college football.. wouldn't that all kinds of mess things up in the draft?

Edited by bakedtater1

I think pro football will happen.  It will be a delayed abbreviated season, no longer than say 8 games at max.  There will be no playoffs.

The team with the best record will be declared the 2020 NFL champion. 2021 draft position will be based on the limited 2020 season that is played.

I think college football will attempt to play but will be forced to shut down.  The 2021 draftees will be judged mostly on their 2019 seasons and what limited football they were able to play in 2020. 

Dan Snyder will contract corona and still be the same after he recovers.  During his corona fever, he will be dreaming of Vinny and Bruce and will ask where they are.  Fortunately, he will come back to his senses when the fever passes.   Ron will not be fired.  

27 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

And I **** you not I dreamt of Cooley fan last night... I was in a restaurant of some sort sitting next to a guy who had a Titans hat on and was talking about how he had a heck of a time finding the right hat to fit his head and so I turned to him and said how was your ego(totally joking around)when you were selecting the Hat...just like I did here...than you turned and said uhh bakedtater?..I said yeah with a chuckle and you had a look on your face that I imagine you would have if meeting me...it was ridiculous haha

If he didn't tell you a story about his big argument on Twitter with an uneducated fan, then it probably wasn't really 'cooleyfan'

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If he didn't tell you a story about his big argument on Twitter with an uneducated fan, then it probably wasn't really 'cooleyfan'

Who else could it have been..talking the same thing as he was here.

On 6/16/2020 at 6:21 AM, Renegade7 said:

I don't approve of pulling fan cards here.

I was told to sit in my corner while the majority of the board was hoping Dallas would beat us so we could draft Young and I was one of the few who kept voicing my displeasure on that.

That was just a couple months ago, this issue does not exist in a vaccum.

That's very different...the season was shot then. There was nothing to play for, hell we didn't even have a full time head coach. 

To each his own...I wanna see the Predator this year and all of the other young kids. And don't let people, including me, tell you what to do....If you wanna root for the Skins to win every week then I'm with ya.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

And don't let people, including me, tell you what to do....If you wanna root for the Skins to win every week then I'm with ya.

Exactly. I hate fans (yes, even skins fans) that tell other fans they’re stupid for wanting the team to win in December of a losing season. So the **** what if people don’t want a loss 😂 also, so the **** what if people feel its better if we lose in December during a losing season. People need to realize it’s ok to let others root however the **** they want. At the end of the day we’re all fans. For me, winning (even if that win gets us to 2-10 or 3-10) improves my week a lot, so i can understand why people root for a win (HOWEVER, at the same time i also understand why losing could help in the long run). 

End of rant 😂

• Like 1

There is nothing like week 1, The smell of September air & The anticipation of a new season. Waking up early week 1 with the that feeling like your 10 and its Christmas morning. Planning the food for the day and morning pre game shows building the hype. Coming here and chatting with everyone, sharing the excitement .  I really hope we have football this year,2020 has been a intense year, we need football.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

There is nothing like week 1, The smell of September air & The anticipation of a new season. Waking up early week 1 with the that feeling like your 10 and its Christmas morning. Planning the food for the day and morning pre game shows building the hype. Coming here and chatting with everyone, sharing the excitement .  I really hope we have football this year,2020 has been a intense year, we need football.

Very well said from top to bottom..these are exactly precisely my feelings!

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly. I hate fans (yes, even skins fans) that tell other fans they’re stupid for wanting the team to win in December of a losing season. So the **** what if people don’t want a loss 😂 also, so the **** what if people feel its better if we lose in December during a losing season. People need to realize it’s ok to let others root however the **** they want. At the end of the day we’re all fans. For me, winning (even if that win gets us to 2-10 or 3-10) improves my week a lot, so i can understand why people root for a win (HOWEVER, at the same time i also understand why losing could help in the long run). 

End of rant 😂

Good stuff man..I appreciate that..yall know how I roll..god weren't those games against the giants and eagles amazing?!?...I mean obviously by that time it was even hard for me to root for the skins to get a win...when chase makes it worth it we can all look back at it and laugh.

I know it would be hard to evaluate players.  But if we get the second pick it's pretty simple.  Cincinnati will trade out of the #1 or trade burrow and take Lawrence.  We then take Sewell and don't look back.  Line fixed immediately.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Lovi said:

I know it would be hard to evaluate players.  But if we get the second pick it's pretty simple.  Cincinnati will trade out of the #1 or trade burrow and take Lawrence.  We then take Sewell and don't look back.  Line fixed immediately.

Honestly, outside of the Top 3 this draft would be an absolute crap-shoot. If you had the 2020 draft based on the 2018 season, things would be TOTALLY different. Fromm and Eason would be Top 15 picks. There are some guys who were R1 slated prospects that went totally undrafted.

Trevor Lawrence, Penei Sewell, Jamarr Chase. Those are 3 guys I would feel great about drafting without a 2020 season.

Then there's a lot of talent that I would be happy to have. DeAndre Smith, Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain, Shaun Wade ... guys that should be Top 10 talents but are not certain locks to be Top 10 talent (certainly Round 1 talent though).

It's after that Top 10-15 that things could get dicey. The hit rate would be pretty bad I would think. You'd be drafting someone in Round 2 that could either pan out to be a Top 10 talent or undraftable, if you take the pre-college season mocks to pre-draft mocks seriously. The hit rate might end up being roughly the same I guess, but you are probably looking at round disparity. The difference between your R2 and R5 panning out are likely a lot closer if there's no college season than if there is a college season.

• Like 1