Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Sean Taylor dive into the End Zone against the Fecals to send us to the paloffs in 05 was something I will never forget.  My my how time flys, just like ST did into the endzone.  Monday night miracle was as close second. 

8 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Watching Sean Taylor dive into the End Zone against the Fecals to send us to the paloffs in 05 was something I will never forget.  My my how time flys, just like ST did into the endzone.  Monday night miracle was as close second. 

This was huge for me as well...in Eddie's sports bar Anchorage ak...the whole place had there eyes on me..of course by that point they knew I was a Redskins fan..I yell and scream as if I'm in the stadium...i was in the same sports bar for the monday night miracle... I was so pissed off during that whole game by the start of the fourth quarter I was doing reverse psychology... and it kills me when I have to do this especially when we're playing Dallas but I started actually rooting for Dallas I was so furious than the miracle happened I had to go out side to scream and holler I was so excited...let's recap..

1. Traveling from ak to Denver to watch a joe gibbs coached team live.

2 Three way tie. A.Monday night miracle. 

B.Sean Taylor dive in philly to seal the win. 

C. Troy Vincent blocked field goal with a Sean Taylor recovery and a made field goal by Nick Novack for the win with no time on the clock.

I was at the peanut farm in Anchorage ak and all the other games had ended..EVERYONE in the peanut farm knew who the single handedly biggest fan was...ME..hell there was a section of Bill's fans of 30 plus people who I would sit by each sunday to watch my game(I had my own seat and t.v at the bar)and they fell in love with me..brought birthday cards for me on my birthday..all eyes on me when novack stepped up for the kick..kick is up and it's good... I exploded..yelling **** yeah at the top of my lungs..manager finaly said ok jared we have kids here..I apologized and kept screaming everyone loved it congratulated me..that was epic!!

• Haha 1
On 6/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, Kurd Cudins said:

Watching the Art Monk and Darrell Green HOF inductions. One of my biggest regrets is not going. I still well up every time I watch the Monk ovation. Hail to the Redskins!!!

+1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I was born in 1977, so I watched and enjoyed Super Bowl XVII in 1982/83 but was a little young to experience and understand the day-in and day-out experience of a full NFL season. I really came of age with the Redskins in the mid-1980s and so the 1986 season was one of the first ones that I remember not missing a snap. I was convinced that we were going to beat the Giants in New York in the NFC Championship Game that year, but of course we didn't even score :)

That's all a lead-up to why this play was probably my favorite moment as a Redskin fan. We had to grind through the 1987 season and likely only had the seeding we did because of our scabs going 3-0. We needed to come back from a 14-point deficit in Chicago in the divisional round and were nip-and-tuck with the Vikings at RFK. One last drive for Minnesota had them on our doorstep and I was petrified that the game was going into OT until....

That was the first Super Bowl trip that I felt as a fan I had earned through my own blood, sweat, and tears. It's still my favorite of our Super Bowl seasons despite the clean and crisp 1991 team that was clearly more dominant and much better. 

Iv always wondered for the past 30+ years , had he caught the ball would Darrel Green have denied the TD ? I Honestly believe Darrel would have 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Iv always wondered for the past 30+ years , had he caught the ball would Darrel Green have denied the TD ? I Honestly believe Darrel would have 

I think so too...you see where he falls after contact and he would have been needing even more to concentrate on the ball 

This game: 1974 WAS vs. MIA   

Best memory for me because it was the only game I went to with my Mom & Dad. Mom always stayed home as it was usually me & my brothers and/or Dad. Everyone was busy that day so my Mom said she'd go with us.

Sonny did not disappoint. It was a beautiful Fall day in DC for a football game at RFK. We had end zone bleacher seats in what was right field for Senators games. Crazy energy in the stadium for the game winning drive. And a little redemption for Sonny since he was out for the '72 Super Bowl game. The Skins players from that game reads like a who's who of Skins players: Mark Mosely, Herb Mul-Key, Roy Jefferson, Jerry Smith, Larry Smith, Mike Bass, Charley Taylor. Larry Smith played the game with a broken foot & hand and scored the game winning TD. Edit: Forgot to add this was the last year Sonny played. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/forgotten-classic-a-sonny-day

The 40-year old quarterback led a fourth quarter rally that was the stuff that Hall of Famers are made of. This was the first meeting between the Washington and Miami since the Fins defeated the Skins in Super Bowl VII. There are many, both Redskins rooters and others, who believe that the outcome in that game at the LA Coliseum would have been different had No. 9 been taking the snaps that day. The reality is, though, that Jurgensen was out with an Achilles tendon injury and Miami completed its perfect 17-0 season with a 14-7 win

The stakes weren't nearly as high for this early-season game, with both teams just jockeying for playoff position rather than gunning for the Lombardi Trophy. Still, it was a chance to see how Jurgensen could do against the Dolphins, at this point the two-time defending NFL champs.

image.png.9b0d0351a8a0ffdb9d7fa48205868144.png

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This game: 1974 WAS vs. MIA   

Best memory for me because it was the only game I went to with my Mom & Dad. Mom always stayed home as it was usually me & my brothers and/or Dad. Everyone was busy that day so my Mom said she'd go with us.

Sonny did not disappoint. It was a beautiful Fall day in DC for a football game at RFK. We had end zone bleacher seats in what was right field for Senators games. Crazy energy in the stadium for the game winning drive. And a little redemption for Sonny since he was out for the '72 Super Bowl game. The Skins players from that game reads like a who's who of Skins players: Mark Mosely, Herb Mul-Key, Roy Jefferson, Jerry Smith, Larry Smith, Mike Bass, Charley Taylor. Larry Smith played the game with a broken foot & hand and scored the game winning TD. Edit: Forgot to add this was the last year Sonny played. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/forgotten-classic-a-sonny-day

The 40-year old quarterback led a fourth quarter rally that was the stuff that Hall of Famers are made of. This was the first meeting between the Washington and Miami since the Fins defeated the Skins in Super Bowl VII. There are many, both Redskins rooters and others, who believe that the outcome in that game at the LA Coliseum would have been different had No. 9 been taking the snaps that day. The reality is, though, that Jurgensen was out with an Achilles tendon injury and Miami completed its perfect 17-0 season with a 14-7 win

The stakes weren't nearly as high for this early-season game, with both teams just jockeying for playoff position rather than gunning for the Lombardi Trophy. Still, it was a chance to see how Jurgensen could do against the Dolphins, at this point the two-time defending NFL champs.

image.png.9b0d0351a8a0ffdb9d7fa48205868144.png

This was a great post and story.  Well done.

And I'll add a little to it.  I met Sonny a few years ago at an autograph signing.  He was signing a picture from this game for the fellow in front of me in line.  That fellow mistakenly thought the picture was from the Super Bowl and Sonny corrected him that it was from 1974, and added that the Skins won on a late TD drive.  For some reason, the guy just nodded, took his autographed picture, and left.  Seeing that Sonny was itching to tell his story, I stepped up and said, "Tell me about that game-winning drive".  Sonny sat back, put his cigar in his mouth, and told me the entire story of that last drive, play by play.  I went online later and looked it up and everything he told me was 100% correct.  The funny part of the story was about Larry Smith who you correctly pointed out played with broken bones.  Sonny said that early on that last drive, Larry Smith came back to the huddle and said "I think I broke my foot".  Sonny told him loudly, "Well, you're not leaving this game.  WE NEED YOU!!!!"

Was a great five minutes with Sonny.  Thanks for bringing that memory back for me.

• Thanks 2

Easily the 1982 NFC Championship victory over Dallas. It even dwarfed the Super Bowl, to be honest, as great as that was. We hadn't beaten Dallas since 1979, and that victory was followed a few weeks later by the utter devastation of that one-point loss that cost us the division and a playoff appearance. That was definitely my WORST Redskin moment as a little kid. So beating them that day in that fashion at RFK ... was just something movies are made of. It couldn't have been any better. 

• Like 1
On 6/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, FuriousD said:

For me it's hard to beat the 2nd quarter of Superbowl XXII for sheer exhilaration..

Greatest 15 minutes of football ever.