Jumbo

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

indefinite mass detentions, helicopters used to terrorize citizens, ever expanding occupation of the city....

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I can understand the sentiment but there's absolutely no way they'd get a first degree murder charge to stick. Unless they could prove that Chauvin knew Floyd prior to his arrest and intentionally stalked him with a premeditated plan to kill him after arresting him, it wouldn't fly. Even second degree murder is not going to be easy to prove.

Translation: Trump screamed at Esper and threatened his job. 

Oh I think they could prove  2d degree - this could result in a plea deal for 3rd degree.

THis is the Minnesota statute of 2d degree murder that I see applying.

Unintentional murders.

Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting; or

Edited by nonniey

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

The past week has been devastating to her odds of being the VP pick over Kamala Harris. 

it just doesn’t seem like it’s her job to leak that info. She happens to have access and she’s so desperate to be relevant she’s losing site of what matters. 

what matters is clear decisions and explanations about what’s going on. There’s protesting and rioting and fracturing. 

stay in your lane. 

signed

idiot that liked her and gave her some money at one point cause see aforementioned idiocy 

Edited by tshile

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Awaiting the tweet from POTUS where he says he "fired Mattis like a dog!"

I think we're beyond firing. Hope we don't here about dude taking an "Extended vacation."

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, tshile said:

it just doesn’t seem like it’s her job to leak that info. She happens to have access and she’s so desperate to be relevant she’s losing site of what matters. 

what matters is clear decisions and explanations about what’s going on. There’s protesting and rioting and fracturing. 

stay in your lane. 

signed

idiot that liked her and gave her some money at one point cause see aforementioned idiocy 

Not to go too off topic here, but I think her people said she was repeating what had been in the local news.

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Not to go too off topic here, but I think her people said she was repeating what had been in the local news.

Yeah, think the Minn Star-Tribune already had reported it before Amy did

• Thanks 1

Ah, ok. I misunderstood then. I thought she was the source of the info. Never mind the. And Thank you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Awaiting the tweet from POTUS where he says he "fired Mattis like a dog!"

"Mad dog Mattis more like sad dog Mattis" 

I think when the statue stuff happens in Richmond I should take a vacation for a week because the right wings nuts are no doubt gonna come into the city full force and it’s gonna be Absolute mayhem with the residents. Like I honestly don’t know what happens kind of mayhem.  That’s a explosive situation.   

Jesus ****ing Christ. STABBING THE WATER BOTTLES? I mean...why? Destroying the place wasn't enough? They had to make sure that nobody could potentially get anything beneficial from it?

• Like 2

EZjj6hqXQAAf-rC?format=jpg&name=small

So they're using the symbol for The Punisher?  

punisher-skull-750x383-750x383.jpg

Are they advocating vigilante justice?

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I think when the statue stuff happens in Richmond I should take a vacation for a week because the right wings nuts are no doubt gonna come into the city full force and it’s gonna be Absolute mayhem with the residents. Like I honestly don’t know what happens kind of mayhem.  That’s a explosive situation.   

On one hand, that’s never gonna happen.  Despite all the bluster, Central VA is very laid back.

OTOH,  Monument Ave is a beacon of conflict...still.  Bob Lee could come down this summer.  We might get a whole lot more attention than we ever wanted.