Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

FBI QUESTIONED A MICHIGAN SENATE STAFFER AFTER ZOOM CALL ABOUT BANNING TEAR GAS

TWO OFFICERS WITH an FBI task force showed up at the home of a Michigan state senator’s chief of staff and aggressively questioned her about a draft bill she had discussed on a private legislative Zoom call. The bill would limit the use of tear gas by police against protesters.

The incident happened in Southfield, a suburb north of Detroit, on October 29, days before the presidential election and less than a month after the FBI had foiled a terror plot by far-right violent extremists to kidnap Michigan’s Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and seize control of the Capitol building. The men, an FBI special agent and a local police officer assigned to the task force, knocked on the door of Katie Reiter, chief of staff to state Sen. Rosemary Bayer, a Democrat. They told her that they had received a “report” about an online conversation she had participated in from her home 10 days earlier, in which she had discussed “the use of tear gas during the election,” Reiter told The Intercept. They then pressed her to answer questions about the bill’s substance and timing even after she had told them what her job was and repeatedly warned that the content of the draft legislation was confidential.

“He was very unpleasant,” Reiter said of the special agent, who stood close to her without wearing a mask and combatively asked questions while refusing to answer hers. “I said, ‘Well, you know who I work for, right? And what I do for a living?’” she recalled. “Because I figured they would have Googled before they came to my house. He said, ‘No, we have no idea who you are.’”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Is anyone else watching this **** on CNN? This protest is getting out of hand, fences being knocked down, and supposedly protesters have gotten inside the Capitol building. They shut both houses of Congress, and taken Pence to a safe place. This all in the wake of an incendiary speech by the Orange asshat.

Where the **** is law and order? Where the **** are the military and other forces with their tear gas and rubber bullets. Double standard for protestors in full effect.

These people need to be pushed back to a safer distance, or arrested, and Donald Trump should be held for sedition, immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, Long n Left said:

Is anyone else watching this **** on CNN? This protest is getting out of hand, fences being knocked down, and supposedly protesters have gotten inside the Capitol building. They shut both houses of Congress, and taken Pence to a safe place. This all in the wake of an incendiary speech by the Orange asshat.

Where the **** is law and order? Where the **** are the military and other forces with their tear gas and rubber bullets. Double standard for protestors in full effect.

These people need to be pushed back to a safer distance, or arrested, and Donald Trump should be held for sedition, immediately.

It's being discussed in the Trump supporter thread as per PCS (mod) directive.