Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

bill barr's stepped in with about what you'd expect with the rigthwing buzz words and prerequisite  winks and nods to certain constituencies

i guess it's not xmas season quite yet becuase these aren't visons of sugar plums dancing in my head right now...more game of thrones and a bolton

I have no idea what ballistics can and cannot truly find. But is the idea of determining what gun fired what bullet not really doable in real life? Do groove pattern differences not really exists (damn you cop shows)? I guess I don't fully understand them knowing which bullet was fatal but not being able to determine who shot it...

Edited by The Evil Genius
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Her family took a $12 million settlement.   They are partially to blame for this outcome as well.  

I shall assume that tempers are short, and will therefore tone down my response and ask how you possibly figure that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Larry said:

I shall assume that tempers are short, and will therefore tone down my response and ask how you possibly figure that.  

Read my edit I clarified exactly what I meant.

It is time to abolish no knock warrants.  The use is too frequent.  The dangers too high.  The reward of preserving evidence is insufficient to justify the high prices that our citizens are paying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I need to look back, but I seem to recall there being some uncertainty about the way the crime scene was handled. 

Also the logic here seems problematic.  What if someone had Trump and Pence hostage in a house and took shots at the police?

Did people expect a different outcome?  No knock warrants are legal, police shooting after they’ve been shot at is legal.  The strange aspect of this case is that they only hit the person in the apartment that didn’t shoot at them.  Her death as a catalyst for changing the laws makes a lot of sense, but that doesn’t apply backwards in time. As tragic as this was, it never looked like this had any hope of murder charges.  

Edit:  Apperently it wasn’t even a no knock warrant.  In some states they’d charge the guy who fired at police with her murder, as anyone the cops kill while recklessly shooting into a crowd is blamed on the criminal accused of creating the situation in the first place.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hmmm, I could have sworn I read that some evidence was moved around, but this reminds me of the fact that there was no body cam footage, despite them having body cams on.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/04/breonna-taylor-shooting-crime-scene-photos-show-shell-casings-outside/5710493002/

Read through this.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

so i had live coverage of verdict-protest right now in louisville, and they'd be all walking, no issues, shimon prokupecz ---good reporter---doing play by play

after 45 mins or so they get to a street where cops decide to move in in force and shut it off for no apparent reason--peaceful protest, just marching, me watching

sort of a wtf and out of nowhere deal, lot of riot gear cops...cops start to aggressively push line back when protester get close yelling why you stopping us...some water bottle and garbage--littler bit--gets thrown and more cops move in and get more aggressive again

quieted down at the moment, never got big, all kinds of on the scene people saying bad police work...critical cops watching saying that too

i just saw snatches at first but it didn't make sense to me, course nobody commenting can see everything and they're trying to figure out why the cops would intercede then and  there---if ther's some sort of reason

• Thanks 1

yeh vis, that's the stuff i was watching live ...not good cop work afaict but no big incident at this time...can only hope it says that way and not too many agenda-agitators race to the fun :( 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Will the police ever stand up to the small **** militias?

Edit...you can legally run them down in Florida now. Tranq the Boogaloo boys, drive them to Florida, then mow them down. 

No, they are part of them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Destino said:

legal.  The strange aspect of this case is that they only hit the person in the apartment that didn’t shoot at them.

Spend some time at the range with the police and this won’t seem so strange

Last time I asked someone how they did during qualifications they laughed. Aced it. Asked him how that compares to average. “Half these people shouldn’t be carrying a gun, they can’t hit **** with it”

• Like 1

This is a good question, especially after reading this article I posted a link to earlier where the whole apartment and others were shot to hell.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/04/breonna-taylor-shooting-crime-scene-photos-show-shell-casings-outside/5710493002/

Edited by visionary