Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

1 hour ago, gbear said:

I hope those of us in MD took the time to vote by today.  I further hope we took the time to look at the judicial slate of nominees to decide for whom to vote.  Civil unrest is one thing, but at least take the time to address the things within our power.

Obama said similar in his message I read yesterday:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/former-president-obama-protest-politics-unrest-george-floyd-death-change-local-elections-specific-demands-are-key-1202948262/ 

Sent off my ballot on Saturday

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

For the life of me I can’t understand how the answer to people protesting citizens being abused or murdered by authority is to threaten to use the military against civilians. 

The only thing I can understand less is how so many elected Representatives choose to say nothing or support the illegal proposition. 

For Trump, that's all he knows. His view of strength is that of any bully or dictator: the ability to dominate, humiliate, and abuse anyone who's weaker than them and/or can't fight back. 

The guy has absolutely no understanding of how anything works in the real world, and no real interest in learning. He's basically a caricature of a caricature of a reality TV star.

As for other elected Republicans who either vocally support him or implicitly support him with silence, as far as I'm concerned they're simply opportunistic cowards who grovel at the feet of people like Trump if they think it will let them get power or stay in power. 

• Like 1

@Mr. Sinister and everyone

don't make posts just to "chat" in this thread a habit...

look back at the two sinister made that are basically spam (nice/interesting/fumy aside) per the topic...and people respond to them and the off-topic replies propagate...it's a serious-topic thread, not a "let's chat about other stuff, too" deal...a little every now and then is no big, it's when it gets over-indulged

not being a hardass, just pointing out how quick and easy this gets loose and then sloppy and  i get to do the tired old shtick of "please get back on topic" every few days :) 

ok, maybe that's a little hardass 

and it's all for zero dinero and further loss of what little social status i have left :( 

• Like 3

Guy seems to be ready to order military to kill them all...

Some are posting comparisons of him and Adolf on his twitter... The more it goes, the scarier it is. This guy really have no compassion or whatever?

We had a small riot today in Paris, not linked with George Floyd's but somehow related to a guy that seemed to die the same way four years ago. Which came back to the surface due to this. Police did its job like they used to.

No need to kill them all.

Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Guy seems to be ready to order military to kill them all...

Blood of protestors is about to spill unfortunately. This is what Trump and the Gop is geared up for. This is the next phase in this sad saga. Trump and GOP don’t care about grievances. When protests get marred with looting and violence; they assume everyone is doing it. They must be met with military force to put and end to this.

Law and Order.

• Sad 1

I'm just now watching the original miniseries of V. It's surprisingly similar to what's happening right now in our country albeit with a different premise. The Visitors foment what they call a rebellion by scientists, they helpfully offer to restore order and institute martial law.  Almost no one stands up to them in the world's governments and let them do whatever they want. They arrest scientists and whoever they think are a threat. The Supreme Commander looks like Trump.

SYYYY.jpg