Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Figured it would have to be guilty across the board after thinking about how quickly the jury came back with a decision.  They didn't have to deliberate long which means they all saw eye to eye more or less.

Lol @ all the people they're showing on CNN standing out front with their hands in their pockets and confused as what to do.  Looks like they clearly came out to protest and be outraged...and they got what they wanted.  Now they're all like "uhh...what do we do now?"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lol @ all the people they're showing on CNN standing out front with their hands in their pockets and confused as what to do.  Looks like they clearly came out to protest and be outraged...and they got what they wanted.  Now they're all like "uhh...what do we do now?"

That and I imagine there’s whole lot of “well that’s great but it’s not like I’m happy now” feelings going on

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can the judge sentence him to consecutive sentences for each charge so it is essentially a life sentence?

I was told no. But I don’t know how much I trust the source. He’ll basically be sentenced on murder 2 was the understanding I was given 

Glad the jury did the right thing, but worried that this will allow politicians take their foot off the gas on real police reform. Holding bad cops accountable is step 1, but the entire system needs to change. So I hope people arent just satisfied with this one trial

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 2

One murderous cop getting justice is a heck of a lot better than none, but we have a long way to go.  I'm glad for today.  Would be a lot better to just not needlessly kill people in the first place, obviously.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bcl05 said:

One murderous cop getting justice is a heck of a lot better than none, but we have a long way to go.  I'm glad for today.  Would be a lot better to just not needlessly kill people in the first place, obviously.  

the most puzzling thing was how none of the briona taylor cops were charged for basically busting into an innocent person's house and raiding them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Glad the jury did the right thing, but worried that this will allow politicians take their foot off the gas on real police reform. Holding bad cops accountable is step 1, but the entire system needs to change. So I hope people arent just satisfied with this one trial

Say her name.  Breonna Taylor.

I'm not getting over her. 

• Like 9