Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamal Adams- trade possibility?


Recommended Posts

Can't really do it with the deal we've already given Collins, imo. Adams is great but not sure you want that much invested at Safety if one of them isn't more of an elite ballhawk. And the draft pick compensation would probably be a no-go. And he's a malcontent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That's how the Redskins have worked for the last 3 decades and we need to change that.

We cant give up a ton of draft picks and commit an absurd amount of our cap to the safety position. 

 

If we want a Jamal Adam's we need to find a way to get someone like him in the draft.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29206933/jets-jamal-adams-reach-impasse-contract-extension-talks


Jamal Adams is 24 years old, and a pro bowl, AllPro, Safety. If available via trade, would you want the Redskins to pursue him?

 

What would you give up, if anything?

 

 

 

 

 

Straight up deal. Jamal Adams for Latimore. Make it happen.

  • Haha 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redskinss said:

That's how the Redskins have worked for the last 3 decades and we need to change that.

We cant give up a ton of draft picks and commit an absurd amount of our cap to the safety position. 

 

If we want a Jamal Adam's we need to find a way to get someone like him in the draft.

Good stuff here..couldn't agree more..besides the jets are standing firm on not trading him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He’ll end up a Puke if traded. The way they’ve nailed this offseason, that would be about right.

 

Welp, he is a Dallas native and always been a player they are enamored with.  If something does happen with him, Dallas is a strong possibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29206933/jets-jamal-adams-reach-impasse-contract-extension-talks


Jamal Adams is 24 years old, and a pro bowl, AllPro, Safety. If available via trade, would you want the Redskins to pursue him?

 

What would you give up, if anything?

 

 

 

 

 

Would Chase Young and our next three 1sts be enough to get him? Maybe throw in McLaurin? Is that you Cerreto?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The young guy is awesome.  Top ten player in the NFL IMO.  I think he has Hall of Fame type potential.

 

Don't see us having the pieces to make a deal that makes sense though.  He would be pretty incredible playing behind our defensive line.  But as others have said, we're already paying a lot of money for the poor man's version of him in Landon Collins and we need to be spreading out our moneys to get outside secondary help.

 

The Jets are crazy for not getting a deal done.  They should be trying to build something around him.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Can't really do it with the deal we've already given Collins, imo. Adams is great but not sure you want that much invested at Safety if one of them isn't more of an elite ballhawk. And the draft pick compensation would probably be a no-go. And he's a malcontent. 

 

He's emotional and ultra confident and maybe naive, but the common account about the dude is he's a wonderful locker room guy and a true leader.  He's a verified member of the warrior elite and you need some of that dick-swinging swagger and true excellence in your locker room IMO.  It's contagious.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Funny. A lot of Dallas fans say they won't trade Gallup straight up for Adams.

 

Looks like we're not the only team that severely overvalues our players.

Well to be fair with the Redskins it's only the Redskins fans that traditionally over value our players. The Redskins front has over the past 20 traditionally undervalued our own players and overvalued other teams players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nonniey said:

Would Chase Young and our next three 1sts be enough to get him? Maybe throw in McLaurin? Is that you Cerreto?

Nope. But I would trade Collins and a first for him. He’s younger and better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are fine.  Whatever holes we have; we will fill them next year in the draft and free agency.

 

Also, we want to leave cap space; to eventually resign our younger players to long term deals.  That's how you do it. When the time is right; you sign your own players that are performing to long term deals. You do that before it gets to expensive to sign them.

 

Also, odds are strong; next year's cap goes down because of the coronavirus reducing revenue this year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I despise giving up big money or trading draft picks for safeties and defensive backs.

 

i don’t know if it’s the lack of luck we’ve had in that regard, but I feel it is more difficult to diagnose the real value of a secondary player because they are more dependent on scheme and surrounding players than other positions.

 

I doubt we are contenders this year, so I’d like to see what a new scheme and a revamped front of the defense can do before we give out big contracts or picks to secondary players.

 

 

 

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I despise giving up big money or trading draft picks for safeties and defensive backs.

 

i don’t know if it’s the lack of luck we’ve had in that regard, but I feel it is more difficult to diagnose the real value of a secondary player because they are more dependent on scheme and surrounding players than other positions.

 

I doubt we are contenders this year, so I’d like to see what a new scheme and a revamped front of the defense can do before we give out big contracts or picks to secondary players.

 

As far as big-name signings in the secondary go, I'm also fine with sticking with what we have and see how it all plays out with the new coaches and schemes. If any cheap options come along that could fit then obviously give them a look, but no big signings. 

 

We have had terrible bad luck with the secondary, I've been trying to recall who the two DB's were who collided and got injured while warming up for a preseason game some years ago, it was a real SMH moment. Does anyone remember the details?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London Kev said:

 

We have had terrible bad luck with the secondary, I've been trying to recall who the two DB's were who collided and got injured while warming up for a preseason game some years ago, it was a real SMH moment. Does anyone remember the details?


Meriweather collided with WR Robinson 

8 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Nope. But I would trade Collins and a first for him. He’s younger and better.


I think RR likes Sean Davis and will give him his chance first.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Nope. But I would trade Collins and a first for him. He’s younger and better.

We need to start looking at this differently. It's not about the one player. Sure Adams is the more talented safety. But why would we want to try and upgrade talent a bit for the sake of trading a proven defensive leader? A team leader? It's not how good teams do business. That's what Snyder-era teams do. Before the RR regime of course.

 

"The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts."

 

Just ask New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Baltimore, Tennessee, Colts, Saints, etc.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, London Kev said:

We have had terrible bad luck with the secondary, I've been trying to recall who the two DB's were who collided and got injured while warming up for a preseason game some years ago, it was a real SMH moment. Does anyone remember the details?

 

Meriweather collided with Aldrick Robinson . He then came back later, just to tear something (either achilles or one of those CL's) while having his best game against Philly. Truly a series of unfortunate events

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a lot of things a lot more than a SS. He's moderately better and a little younger than a guy already on our roster. If we are trading resources it had better be for CB, OT, WR, TE, MLB, etc. Strong safety is one of the few areas that isn't a need. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

We need a lot of things a lot more than a SS. He's moderately better and a little younger than a guy already on our roster. If we are trading resources it had better be for CB, OT, WR, TE, MLB, etc. Strong safety is one of the few areas that isn't a need. 

Very true....we should deal for Jalen Ramsey....he seems to love Haskins and Collins has tried to recruit him as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd trade one of our DT's for him....assuming we can sign him.

Settle? Not sure I'd trade Ion, Payne, or Allen. Doubt they'd think Settle was enough though.

Edited by Burgold
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...