Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we have enough to work with at CB. The only caveat being, if you get the chance to draft a stud prospect who is also BPA then you should take one. Premium player pick.

 

As for safety, Apke is awful. He’s getting time though, maybe the coaches think he has enough to put faith in, given the chance/playing time. He’s getting the the Haskins coaching treatment on defence. 
 

And Collins...I am a big fan of his. Not sure he’s justifying that deal right now though.


 

Agree. FS and LB are the two biggest needs on defense. KPL is the only one worth anything right now amongst the LB’s 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we have enough to work with at CB. The only caveat being, if you get the chance to draft a stud prospect who is also BPA then you should take one. Premium player pick.

 

As for safety, Apke is awful. He’s getting time though, maybe the coaches think he has enough to put faith in, given the chance/playing time. He’s getting the the Haskins coaching treatment on defence. 
 

And Collins...I am a big fan of his. Not sure he’s justifying that deal right now though.

Of course not Collins is overrated definitely not worth that much money but this team continues to overpay free agents.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is HaHa taking the season off? You would think someone would've signed him for at least depth. He is a terrible tackler and I know he spurned this team once in FA (picking the Bears) but I wonder why they don't give him a look. In addition to being an upgrade over Apke, he is a former DB backfield mate of Collins's at Alabama

Link to post
Share on other sites

People were wondering why we let Sean Davis go.

So I checked to see what, if any, impact he's had since returning to the Steelers.

He has literally and strictly played only on Special Teams, as he has not logged one single snap on defense all year.

IIRC he missed most of 2019 due to injury. Before that he got a lot of playing time, and was considered reliable.

So maybe his Safety play dropped off a bit, due to being unable to return to previous physical form, before the injury.

That's just speculation. But then again, he's backing up Minkah Fitzpatrick, so they probably have had no need to resort to him. Which seems the more likely reason for his lack of playing time on defense.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So, with issues at both Safety positions, couldn't this be a time where we switch Fuller to Safety ?

I know we'd prefer not to move him, as successful as he's been at corner, but if the Safety play declines rapidly as a result of the changes, it may be worth it to move Fuller.

Probably too early for that, so I suppose they see how the replacements pan out, before making a switch like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, with issues at both Safety positions, couldn't this be a time where we switch Fuller to Safety ?

I know we'd prefer not to move him, as successful as he's been at corner, but if the Safety play declines rapidly as a result of the changes, it may be worth it to move Fuller.

Probably too early for that, so I suppose they see how the replacements pan out, before making a switch like that.


Hell no. The dude is our no. 1 corner. Don’t mess that up

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't move a good Corner to Safety. Safety is where Corners go when they physically can't keep up at CB anymore.

 

Fuller has been real good this year. So happy to have him back. I can't believe we ever traded him AND a draft pick for Alex Smith. I wouldn't have dealt him straight up for Smith. Thanks Bruce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Man, it's crazy that we have the #1 rated pass defense right now. Who the hell saw that coming? We'll of course have to see how that holds up against tougher competition, but still.

I mean we held our own pass defense wise against Mayfield, Murray, and Jackson. It was their run games that killed us in those games. The only QB that really lit us up was Goff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, method man said:

Is HaHa taking the season off? You would think someone would've signed him for at least depth. He is a terrible tackler and I know he spurned this team once in FA (picking the Bears) but I wonder why they don't give him a look. In addition to being an upgrade over Apke, he is a former DB backfield mate of Collins's at Alabama

I don't think HaHa is an upgrade over Apke.  I never want to see him in a Washington uniform again.  I'd rather play with 10 guys on defense.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamren Curl said he’s going to get the start Sunday.  Says he feels like he’s already adjusted to the speed of the game.  And anybody knows that’s the most important thing for a rookie.  I think this kid can play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone tell me this.

Why don't we see more of Moreau ? No pun intended.

Whenever I see him, he's making a play. But he's hardly on the field.

Is it because everyone ahead of him (Fuller, Moreland, Darby) have been doing so well ?

When Darby started struggling yesterday, I wondered what it would take for Moreau to replace him.

Could he at least be a future starter, when Darby gets up in age ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...