Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports.com: Joe Buck: Fox planning to pump in crowd noise, digitize fans for NFL broadcasts

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, bakedtater1 said:

So how come I can't like or laugh or cry or confuse at a post..I can respond but cant say I like it?.. is this just temporary cuz I can't go to Facebook to get my fix there

If you want to show you like a post, click the heart on the bottom right of said post.

Then click one of the four icons (like, confusion, sadness, thanks) that bests shows how you feel about that post.

That way, they don't have dozens of posts in a thread that just say "I like this" or "lol", that needlessly take up a lot of bandwidth.

Edited by SkinsGuy
5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

If you want to show you like a post, click the heart on the bottom right of said post.

Then click one of the four icons (like, confusion, sadness, thanks) that bests shows how you feel about that post.

That way, they don't have dozens of posts in a thread that just say "I like this" or "lol", that needlessly take up a lot of bandwidth.

I assume he knows HOW to, as he’s done that in the past, i think he’s just saying it wasn’t working for him for some reason. 

• Like 1
Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I assume he knows HOW to, as he’s done that in the past, i think he’s just saying it wasn’t working for him for some reason. 

Maybe.

It's working now.

For me anyway.

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Maybe.

It's working now.

For me anyway.

Sure but you don't get banned from entire forums and have your name change color. Tater is a rebel man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2. it depends on how they do it and how well they pull it off. Imagine Seinfeld without the laugh track.

Other sports are doing fine, without either real or fake applause.

You can make it real,  by having all the fans sign into a program which records their reaction through a microphone, then channels that audio into the NFL studio, where it's compounded with all the remaining fans, and then edited to a digestible form of fan sound, for the viewer/listener.

I just don't like fake stuff.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Other sports are doing fine, without either real or fake applause.

You can make it real,  by having all the fans sign into a program which records their reaction through a microphone, then channels that audio into the NFL studio, where it's compounded with all the remaining fans, and then edited to a digestible form of fan sound, for the viewer/listener.

I just don't like fake stuff.

I don’t think I’m going to care one way or the other.  But I could see a way where they do it well enough that it could help you suspend your disbelief.  I could also see how they could do it so badly it’s jarring and off putting. 

We’ll see.

6 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Haha funny..like I just completely forgot how to lol

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Noooo I got in trouble and am not allowed to like things or be confused at things or be sad at things

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Aaaaaand I cant laugh at things smart ass!! Lol

I think Mr Sinister is referring to me being a dead man walking?

I'm an audio guy, so obviously ALL-IN for this idea.

Someone brought up the UFC earlier in this thread-- as an avid fan of MMA, I truly missed the crowd reactions while watching the latest Jacksonville fights.  (Also noticed that the commentators were struggling to adapt early on.)

IMO, football (more-so than any other sport with perhaps the exception of NCAA basketball) absolutely HAS to have some type of crowd atmosphere while watching on TV.  I watch the combine every year on NFL Network as well as South Carolina's spring games-- and the silence has me drifting off into ADHDville at times. 

While most people definitely don't agree with me, I think this could be an awesome adjustment for the crazy times we are living in.

* [Full Disclosure:  I kinda vibed with the Glowing Puck as well...]

I watched our (Borussia Dortmund) game this weekend with the crowd noises added to the broadcast. It's okay. It obviously doesn't replace the stadium atmosphere as it is not as intuitive and it does not really pick up the flow of the game but if you tune out for a couple of seconds it feels almost normal.

However, even though it is super strange, it's really interesting to hear how much the players shout and talk on the field - you can hear every word. In soccer this is not as big of a deal as in football, so I wonder what they want to do against the opposing teams potentially hearing the play-calls from the huddle.

Now if they could just have Sam and Sonny call the games instead of Joe Buck who thinks he IS the whole show, not the game on the field, the Redskins games might be worth watching. Of course Joe only calls the really important games so he won't be an issue with the Redskins anyway.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:05 PM, SkinsGuy said:

I actually never thought of it that way. Pretty assume feature come to think of it. As far as boards go, the layout and functionality here is one of the best.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, dyst said:

I actually never thought of it that way. Pretty assume feature come to think of it. As far as boards go, the layout and functionality here is one of the best.

Yeah it is an awesome feature...wise guy eyy..lol jk...this is the only board I know so I wouldn't know how other boards look.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:05 PM, SkinsGuy said:

Maybe a cool idea, along with the reactions like laugh, sad, confused, thank, they could also have a "This" reaction, so people stop quoting very large posts, just to say, "This" lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeah it is an awesome feature...wise guy eyy..lol jk...this is the only board I know so I wouldn't know how other boards look.

That yellow color in your name barely shows up man!!!!