Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Project 11" Alex Smith's ESPN 30-for-30

LaRonDontLikeUgly

On 5/2/2020 at 2:16 PM, WilberMarshall said:

I know a lot of times Mr. Snyder gets a lot of flak from fans. But I noticed it was Redskins 1 Jet that was used to fly Alex and family for treatment at the military base. 

It is interesting to also note that players don't seem to have a problem with Mr. Snyder but somehow he gets blamed by the fans... 

I am rooting for Alex to have some semblance of normal life. I have a better appreciation of why he has been successful as a professional. Imagine putting the same effort and determination to other aspects of his life... 

Reminds of Roger Staubach... he can be successful post-football. 

I've heard others say this about Daniel Snyder but I'm not so ready to let him off the hook just because he is nice to his players.  His players are his toys, he idolizes them so naturally he will take good care of them.  Loaning a plane to a player in crisis does not undo the horrible way he has treated fans who tried to approach him, his other employees, hotel staff etc.  He's just a bad guy and a few nice gestures for his players does not undo all the bad things he has done.  

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

the latest video changes my opinion....I think he'll play this season. He's moving just fine....in the documentary, he had a noticeable gimp. It's barely there anymore and he's got his athleticism back. He can still be an effective QB

What he has done, so far, is nothing short of miraculous and I am clearly rooting for him in his heroic struggle. However, in the harsh glare of sunlight several brutal questions remain unanswered:

1. Can the traumatized leg survive the beating it would take from playing?

2. Are Alex, his wife and his family willing to risk his future health and perhaps even his life for what at best may be a few years of backup duty with an occasional start due to injury?

3. Is it a good business decision for him to play again? (My understanding/supposition is that he will get every dime in the contract he signed  if he is unable to play due to on field injury but if he comes back that guarantee MAY be at risk.)

4. Will doctors sign off and clear him to play again given the potential liability if something catastrophic happens to the leg?

49 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

i just checked, i can only find a few trailers and clips of people's reaction to a show i can't find. 

It was up on a few channels before but I don't see it now. 

Usually ESPN/NFL are fairly liberal about allowing youtubers to post their content for public/unpaid consumption. Perhaps the graphic nature of the video and the sensitivity for Alex and his family has led them to do what they can to limit access.

You might want to consider getting a free trial with a streaming service that has the ESPN suite and recording it before you cancel. Youtubetv is pretty good.

12 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

It was up on a few channels before but I don't see it now. 

Usually ESPN/NFL are fairly liberal about allowing youtubers to post their content for public/unpaid consumption. Perhaps the graphic nature of the video and the sensitivity for Alex and his family has led them to do what they can to limit access.

You might want to consider getting a free trial with a streaming service that has the ESPN suite and recording it before you cancel. Youtubetv is pretty good.

Thanks but i probably won't bother. it's just so strange that it's not airing again with ESPN needed to fill so much air time.  I'll just keep looking for it as I search the Guide to find other old games of interest to record.  

Archived