JUSTABARITONE

Undrafted free agent signings

Posted (edited)

Thaddeus Moss, TE from LSU

Steven Montez, QB from Colorado

Isaiah Wright, WR from Temple

Johnathan Johnson, WR from Mizzou

Feel free to add as more signings happen!

Edited by JUSTABARITONE
missed space
  • Thanks 4

Rivera likes veterans. I don’t think we are done In free agency. Especially with the salary cap opened up with the TW trade.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

The Rams signed 20... already. 

Others

Balt with 22

LAC with 20

Pukes with 13

I guess it just depends on who makes the roster.

Edited by Fred Jones
  • Like 1

Don't think it matters to much because I don't then I there will be a normal pre season and stuff. But curious to see that we don't want to mass kick tires. 

• Like 1

There's no reason to think the Redskins aren't hiring at the same pace. They could easily just not be reporting the hirings at the same pace.

Thanks for starting this thread. Get to know some XFL names now. 

Doesn't Ron know these are the guys who get ES through the off season?

The mantle of Montez!

Yeah, we should have more. We have lots of positions that ought to be at risk if they faced competition.

Posted (edited)

Montez-uma's Revenge! :D

643x0w.jpg

Yes this game really shows my age or the fact I still remember it to do a play on his last name...lol

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I disagreed with the notion in the draft thread that this was a weak UDFA class, and to a large degree I still do given we picked up some solid acquisitions at what appears targeted roles. And a TE I really like.

But I will concede that you would have expected more.

It would be interesting to know if this has been by design or if this was just the way it worked. I personally can see the logic, at present, of having quite a small targeted number to manage remotely.

It would still be an interesting question to put to KS and RR.

No defensive UDFA's with all the defensive minded coaches involved with this staff.

You would think that they would have had lots of feelers out there. 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

No defensive UDFA's with all the defensive minded coaches involved with this staff.

feels to me like we took out priority free agents on D in the 7th round. Or at least made sure we picked up those 2 players. 

UDFA, we then basically targeted the top QB, top 2 TE available and then a couple of fill in receivers with the skill sets we specifically wanted.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

feels to me like we took out priority free agents on D in the 7th round. Or at least made sure we picked up those 2 players. 

UDFA, we then basically targeted the top QB, top 2 TE available and then a couple of fill in receivers with the skill sets we specifically wanted.

I was only aware of 1 TE (T. Moss).  Is there another who we signed or, at least targeted?

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

David Bada, a German dude was signed today. He plays on the DL.

• Like 1

I would have liked more bodies for the o-line. Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like we are crazy thin there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How does this Isaiah Wright (WR-Temple) kid not get drafted?  Seems to have great speed and exceptional hands....explosive and elusive... plus he's a dangerous kick returner.  He might be better than all of the other UDFA Wideouts currently on the Redskins roster. 

One things for sure... I'd say Cam Sims and Quinn are not making the team this year.  Cam has the height but is a poor router runner and has stone hands.  Quinn is .. well... oft-injured and guys like Sims Jr. and even this kid Wright might  make him expendable. 

*****UPDATE****** 

Now I see why he wasn't drafted.  I just watched his SMU game this year and he was... to put it politely... terrible.  

Edited by Cskin
  • Like 5

Who the hell is David Bada, and where the hell is Schwabisch Hall Germany?  We were "awarded" this guy.  Plays in some German League for the Schwabisch Hall Unicorns.  I guess we still have the European Intern Program.  DE 6'5 287

Any relation to Lola Montez and can play the song when he walks on the field? On a more serious note, that kid is likely to put up an impressive preseason highlight reel. We might have another third string QB cult on our hands. 

6 minutes ago, Cskin said:

How does this Isaiah Wright (WR-Temple) kid not get drafted?  Seems to have great speed and exceptional hands....explosive and elusive... plus he's a dangerous kick returner.  He might be better than all of the other UDFA Wideouts currently on the Redskins roster. 

One things for sure... I'd say Cam Sims and Quinn are not making the team this year.  Cam has the height but is a poor router runner and has stone hands.  Quinn is .. well... oft-injured and guys like Sims Jr. and even this kid Wright might  make him expendable.  

Very deep draft at receiver and some teams don't value these hybrid receiver / running back types because they don't fit neatly in either box.  Add to that a big production drop during his senior year (it looks like he lost his starting spot to someone else at Temple) and he becomes an UDFA.  I like the pickup and also got excited looking at his highlights.  But as a pure receiver I doubt he is better than Cam Sims or Trey Quinn (again he couldn't hold onto his starting spot during his Senior year at Temple).  But he's likely a much better returner, far more explosive athlete, and offers much more in terms of yards after the catch / big play ability than those guys.  With his special teams and gadget play ability, I agree that he offers more to our offense than Cam Sims, Trey Quinn, and Darvin Kidsy.  I also agree that he likely makes the final roster over them and any of the other receivers lower on the depth chart.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dswerdlw said:

I was only aware of 1 TE (T. Moss).  Is there another who we signed or, at least targeted?

I was meaning 2nd ranked UDFA TE available, Moss being after Bryant who also fell out of the draft due to a medical issue.

• Like 1