Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

This was the kind of game that scares me about Fields. I don’t think he looked particularly good with all that pressure.

granted, it’s one game and not a trend but definitely something other teams will take notice of. Obviously easier said than done and most teams don’t have the talent upfront for that kind of sustainable pressure but every team in the NFL does.

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This was the kind of game that scares me about Fields.

Maybe it'll give the Jags pause...maybe?

It seems like a bad weekend in general for top QB prospects--Wilson hasn't looked particularly sharp either. They've been relying on their running game a lot.

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe it'll give the Jags pause...maybe?

It seems like a bad weekend in general for top QB prospects--Wilson hasn't looked particularly sharp either. They've been relying on their running game a lot.

We must be watching a different BYU game

And then submarined a screen pass with a defender in his face for a TD

39 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It probably falls on Turner and Zampese more than Rivera, but Rivera has turned that kind of player into an MVP before...

Newton was different though. He was a clear cut #1 prospect, Heisman trophy winner, and national champion.

Lance is a huge project in comparison.

• Like 2

I think DH dad is a head case and played an obvious role in soiling his sons attitude. I remember an interview before the draft where is dad was blowing up reporters for not asking the the right questions. At that moment I thought to myself that this kid has self entitlement infused in him. It may be a lost cause to expect change from this guy.

1 hour ago, DoneMessedUp said:

We must be watching a different BYU game

And then submarined a screen pass with a defender in his face for a TD

Wilson just seems like a baller. His off schedule and off platform stuff is so good. I could see him being a top 10 QB in the NFL.

Love his release, anticipation, ball placement. Maybe it’s that I know he studies with him, but he reminds me of Drew Brees a bit as a passer. By with a better arm and with better mobility.

Again, I’m rooting for them to make the playoffs so we can see him against better competition. I’d be very comfortable and excited if we pick Zach Wilson. 

How far is Jalen Waddle going to fall with his injury?

• Like 4

I'm all in on Wilson. He just seems like he gives no effs. The kind of guy that can come here and carry this poop stain of an organization. He's a playmaker that can make tough throws. I got no issues taking him at 3. Hell I might take him over Fields at this point.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm all in on Wilson. He just seems like he gives no effs. The kind of guy that can come here and carry this poop stain of an organization. He's a playmaker that can make tough throws. I got no issues taking him at 3. Hell I might take him over Fields at this point.

I am not quite on Wilson over Fields just yet.  But my man crush on the dude has really grown every week, I'd be super jazzed to get him.   Right now, I am doubting he slips past 3.   I was thinking some team if they don't need a Qb would take Sewell over Zach at 3, like Cincy, but now I think they'd trade the pick and load up.  It's still early and things change but that's my thought today. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not quite on Wilson over Fields just yet.  But my man crush on the dude has really grown every week, I'd be super jazzed to get him.   Right now, I am doubting he slips past 3.   I was thinking some team if they don't need a Qb would take Sewell over Zach at 3, like Cincy, but now I think they'd trade the pick and load up.  It's still early and things change but that's my thought today. 

I don't know.  If Dallas gets that pick, I think they take Sewell and run.   Smith might retire.  LT is their biggest need.  Cinci needs to protect Burrow.  

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't know.  If Dallas gets that pick, I think they take Sewell and run.   Smith might retire.  LT is their biggest need.  Cinci needs to protect Burrow.  

If I can get a 2022 first rounder, a 2nd rounder, and just fall down 1-3 spots, I'd trade down in 2 seconds.  I don't know if that's what happens but if Zach keeps killing it, dudes like that are coveted in a QB driven league. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Thought this was a pretty good interview with Zach Wilson that shows his maturity. Said one of the main guys he models his game after is Aaron Rodgers and he studied Burrows entire 2019 season to learn everything he could. He also spent time studying with Drew Brees, Steve Young, and of course John Beck at BYU. He is a football-aholic and regularly watches tape with his dad during the week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philibusters said:

Dotson made Wade look like a chump in the Ohio St. Penn St game

Wade in general should have sat out this year. He's been getting burned a lot. Guess he's more of a slot corner than an outside one.

50 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

It's really all up to Dak. If he's healthy and comes back it makes sense. If not, they gotta go QB.