Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

If dak became a FA, you sign him and draft sewell. If not you trade up even from number 3 to 2 for fields/lawrence

Yeah. Let’s sign Dak to his $30-$35 million a year contract... With a broken ankle. Vet QBs eat the cap exponentially...

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah. Let’s sign Dak to his $30-$35 million a year contract... With a broken ankle. Vet QBs eat the cap exponentially...

I mean it hasn't stopped the chiefs who signed mahomes...for more than that. And let's be honest. Dsk would be best qb we've had here since...when? You draft a franchise lt and got a franchise qb all in one off-season. 

3 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I mean it hasn't stopped the chiefs who signed mahomes...for more than that. And let's be honest. Dsk would be best qb we've had here since...when? You draft a franchise lt and got a franchise qb all in one off-season. 

Except where is Mahomes' broken ankle, Dakota Prescott's superbowl win and regular season MVP in this equation? I was fine with signing Dak before his injury, now it's a risk that I don't think we should take. 

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Except where is Mahomes' broken ankle, Dakota Prescott's superbowl win and regular season MVP in this equation? I was fine with signing Dak before his injury, now it's a risk that I don't think we should take. 

Well my point was to compare him  and a relative contract. And im not saying that dak is mahomes level but....put dak on chiefs with Andy Reid and I think he gets them to sb. 

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well my point was to compare him  and a relative contract. And im not saying that dak is mahomes level but....put dak on chiefs with Andy Reid and I think he gets them to sb. 

Yes. The Chiefs have a stacked roster of rookie contracts. When some of those deals come up the Chiefs are going to struggle to be competitive unless they hit often in the next few drafts. And so far... that’s what they’re doing. 

Dak is a good QB for sure... but in a year where the cap is likely to fall it’s tough to justify that kind of money. To put it simply... with a reduced cap and nothing else done Dak would basically take our entire cap space. 

Now, they could lower the cost up front and back load when they think the cap is going to rebound... but it may take some time for that. And the last thing any team wants is a giant cap hit and a smaller cap. 

This is not the year to sign a QB unfamiliar with your team for 30-35M. 

If we are in range for a rookie you have to pull the trigger. The cap is one of the absolute largest reasons.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what I am reading its unlikely they let Dak go, probably franchise him.  A possible exception is maybe if they can land Justin Fields which I think would be a nightmare for us. 

I don’t think they have the cap room to franchise him. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KDawg said:

This is the biggest reason free agents fail--bad scheme fits and unfamiliarity, and why building through the draft is best.

Can Jacksonville really like Sewell, and think Minschew is the man? Please? Pretty please?

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is the biggest reason free agents fail--bad scheme fits and unfamiliarity, and why building through the draft is best.

Can Jacksonville really like Sewell, and think Minschew is the man? Please? Pretty please?

Yes. And they’d still take Fields.

• Like 1

I like the left guard from App. State. Gonna have to watch more of him.

Coastal’s top receiver and some of their DL look solid, too.

Peoples, App St RB is pretty good too.

Edited by KDawg
2 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Fields looking human, making terrible throws. Trask is growing on me. But he might be a poor man's Burrow. 

I am flipping back and forth between those 2 games.  I have a hard time selling myself into Trask, when he throws he looks labored, not much mobility.  But I'll give him that he finds a way to get it done, got some doubts that he translates to the NFL but who knows? 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yes. The Chiefs have a stacked roster of rookie contracts. When some of those deals come up the Chiefs are going to struggle to be competitive unless they hit often in the next few drafts. And so far... that’s what they’re doing. 

Dak is a good QB for sure... but in a year where the cap is likely to fall it’s tough to justify that kind of money. To put it simply... with a reduced cap and nothing else done Dak would basically take our entire cap space. 

Now, they could lower the cost up front and back load when they think the cap is going to rebound... but it may take some time for that. And the last thing any team wants is a giant cap hit and a smaller cap. 

If we are in range for a rookie you have to pull the trigger. The cap is one of the absolute largest reasons.

Ok I see your point in and in that regards im with you. Just mind went blank in regards to cap going down...

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Justin Fields giving a preview of what he will look like under perpetual pressure...something he’s obviously not used to at osu.  

He’s been good under pressure in the past. Not so good right now. That throw to Olave off balance was horrendous.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am flipping back and forth between those 2 games.  I have a hard time selling myself into Trask, when he throws he looks labored, not much mobility.  But I'll give him that he finds a way to get it done, got some doubts that he translates to the NFL but who knows? 

True, I definitely wouldn't take him with a top 10 pick. But he's slowly growing on me. I'm going back and forth between him and Mac Jones as potential long shots.