Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

18 hours ago, KDawg said:

For having no arm Fields sure does get the ball out there.

I know you understand the difference between taking five hitch steps to launch a deep ball and sticking a field side 12 yard out or a 15-20 yard throw to split a brief cover 3 seam.  You don't demonstrate NFL level arm strength with your deep ball.  BTW I recognized that Fields is comfortable with the deep ball and he likes throwing deep against man.  What he doesn't like is throwing those arm strength passes against zone.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I know you understand the difference between taking five hitch steps to launch a deep ball and sticking a field side 12 yard out or a 15-20 yard throw to split a brief cover 3 seam.  You don't demonstrate NFL level arm strength with your deep ball.  BTW I recognized that Fields is comfortable with the deep ball and he likes throwing deep against man.  What he doesn't like is throwing those arm strength passes against zone.

Arm strength is relative.

Saying he struggles with some throws is accurate... as all QBs do. Saying he doesn’t have a strong arm is different. 

Fields looks as good as advertised. Jesus.

The sack escape (he was down but no one saw :ols: ) and then the in stride post ball for a TD in Wilson’s bucket.

Edited by KDawg
24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fields looks as good as advertised. Jesus.

The sack escape (he was down but no one saw :ols: ) and then the in stride post ball for a TD in Wilson’s bucket.

Yeah I am watching too.   Accurate, mobile, had a nice deep ball. 

As for zip on throws.  I thought it was telling to hear from a WR, KJ Hill, who actually caught balls from Haskins and Fields --say Fields has the stronger arm-more zip on his throws.  Haskins has his faults but arm strength isn't one of them.    Haskins for a dude with a strong arm throws a "meh" deep ball IMO and multiple other people have said the same.  Fields seems to have a better knack for throwing an on the money deep ball but granted for me its a small sample size so I might change my mind. 

https://theozone.net/2019/05/justin-fields-stronger-dwayne-haskins/#:~:text=“It's not really an adjustment,he does%2C” Hill said.

With so many repetitions in practice and players swapping in and out like the world’s most physical game of musical chairs, receivers get used to seeing footballs from different quarterbacks. They adjust on the fly and try to make the plays that are available to be made.

This also allows them to judge quarterbacks against each other.

“It’s not really an adjustment, but I’d say Justin has a stronger arm, a stronger arm than Dwayne,” said senior H-back KJ Hill. “I feel like that’s the only adjustment is catching that hot ball.”

Fields has a stronger arm than Haskins?

“Yeah, he does,” Hill said. “Bullet. It’s coming faster.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise